Canadian phone calls???

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by brad, Dec 9, 2007.

1. aww that lion king video is SO awesome, my friend Zach made it (he's moving here next week! SO EXCITED)
    of course they made that video like a month after I left :p

2. Just had my call this morning. Cast-A-Way called twice yesterday, but I missed it, so I called them back today.

I've been invited to the Montreal interview on the 4th of February, but I still think my 'interview'/chat went really, really badly. I was so nervous, and I said "uh" a lot. I really wasn't prepared to be asked actual interview stuff yet. Oh well, I still have the actual interview to make up for it, I guess.

3. MegD

MegD New Member

I'm sure it'll be fine!
    I don't think the phone interviews really matter anyway....I mean if you say something horribly wrong they might make note of it, but the actual interviews aren't with Eric, and I really think how you present yourself for the real interview with the recruiters is way more important! So don't stress about the phone interview too much! :D

4. Timitu

Timitu New Member

Ya I don't think the phone interview matters that much. Sure I didn't make it past my phone interview, but I think that was more due to the f2f interviews were full, then to the fact I absolutely sucked. (This time was so much better. Even if I was stuck standing completely still in one spot to keep the signal going. I felt a lot less nervous the second phone interview.)

(Despite what my counter says below) As of 9am this morning it is 15 more days till our interview starts. LOL. I am startling the like these numbers. I am counting down in my MSN name each day.

5. brad

brad New Member

Hey guys, just got back from Disney World! It was alot of fun, and now Im even more excited that I could be working there in a few months! For th dinner thing I nominate Caseys, that one seems to be closest to Union Station, foods good, and prices arent too bad, but Im good with anything.

6. Timitu

Timitu New Member

That is awesome. I so wish I could go right now before the interview. Did you talk to any of the Canaidan's down there about the program? That would be fun. Wish I knew more about it last time I was there.

I started a event on Facebook for those that want to go. If you don't have facebook and want to come let me know. I am thinking we could make reservations so we don't all end up going there and it being full. So even if you might come, it is better to have a spot saved then have no spot at all. If your held up or have other plans that come up that is fine. I also used my friend who was the one who posted the websites number to contact. She believes it is Local. If anyone else knows where it is and would like to be the contact person and knows they have a local Toronto number and wont be being interview on the 1st then let me know and we can switch it. But that way anyone using a Toronto pay phone even could contact someone to ask if they get lost or something.

Also pass this on to other canadian's. Just send me a pm here if you don't have facebook. It would be so cool to meet everyone. If anyone does not want to go to Caseys let me know too. You can add me on facebook too if anyone hasn't and wants too. LOL. (I just figured this would be a quick way to keep track of this, and let everyone know.)

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=24006096424

7. Vallie

Vallie New Member

i just wanted to pop in and say hi! i'm new here but I just got my phone interview today and will be attending the feb 1st interviews for the summer program!

8. brad

brad New Member

Wow you just had it today? Talk about short notice eh? So is everyone preparing for the interview? Thought about what you going to say? Wondering how many questions Tyler can ask in one post? 10 more days guys!

9. Timitu

Timitu New Member

9 more days now. LOL. I am getting excited, no more two digit numbers. I think I am ready but I got stuff planned for next week to make sure I am ready. I have on and off nervous sperts. Atleast once next week hits I will have so much to do, it should fly by nicely.

Vallie: That is awesome that you got yours this close. I always hoped that would be me. It seemes to either happen to fast for some people or take forever. I have herd of some people finding out about the program and then finding out they are leaveing in 2 or 3 months after they even found out about it. Then their are people who have waited years of applying and such. Good luck though.

Wow we have been chatting so much on the event wall, we gatta remember to get back on here sometimes. LOL. People will think us Canadians just dropped off the face of the earth.

Cant wait to meet thoese coming to the dinner. If you have not reserved a spot, better do so quick cause this weekend is the deadline.

10. IloveTink

IloveTink New Member

9 days yayayayayay.
    Someone needs to keep me busy! Besides poor Ty who gets to listen to me everyday! lol
    Thats awsome people are still getting calls maybe they need a bunch of us down there!
    ahhh the waiting.... have a magical day everyone!

11. WinterSun

WinterSun New Member

I'm so excited and freaked out at the same time!!! lol my phone interview wasn't that good, lol I just answered the phone and they caught me completely off guard. lol SO where is everyone coming from??? Me personally I"m coming from a little city in beautiful Northern Ontario. I'm going to drive down Feb 1st with my mother ( lol yes I actually get along with her, and enjoy road tripping with her ). I'm going to be a wreck the whole way down lol

12. SteffieDavis

SteffieDavis New Member

i'm going down with my mom too! from kingston though, not northern ontario...

I'm terrified of toronto highways-- i'm a good driver, but i think i need my mom for this trip :) wintersun, are you going to the dinner on friday night?

13. WinterSun

WinterSun New Member

yeah toronto highways = scary. lol I'm definatly going to the dinner! if you want to email, or chat just add me to ur msn :D my emails kathrynmccaskill@hotmail.com

14. Timitu

Timitu New Member

WinterSun: Did you sign up for the Dinner on face book or are you signing up here?

A week from now and most of us will be getting into Toronto or finishing up our interview or such. LOL. And it wont be long before the Dinner would be starting.

Also, make sure your signed up on facebook or you let me know (don't do both) if you are coming to the dinner and if you are brining a friend or mother or someone else with you. LOL. We will make the reservations this Sunday. :) Cant wait to see you all there.

(My MSN is Timitu@hotmail.com for anyone who missed it. I need people to say hi first though cause most of the time when I sign on I don't really check who is on. (I need to clean up my MSN thing. I have too many people who I never talk to. So just say hey. I wont be on again till Monday cause I am all over the place this weekend. But I will be on Monday and free to chat with anyone who would like to. :) )

15. WinterSun

WinterSun New Member

Yep I'm all signed up on the facebook group :D Looking forward to it!

16. Timitu

Timitu New Member

Anyone else feel like it is not actially comeing up in the next few days. I cant belive it. I have been really busy this week so it has helped but I cant even imagine myself there in a few days. I am so excited to meet everyone.

Also I want to wish everyone a safe trip. Weather sounds iffy. I know two people flying that day too. (My father comeing back from the south, and my neighbours heading down to the south) both will probbly have a bumpy ride. Hopefully no flights are cancled. And thoese driveing, drive carefully. Remember you want to make it to the interview. LOL. See most of you at Dinner on Friday. :)

17. IloveTink

IloveTink New Member

Yes everyone drive safe the weather isnt looking the greatest! this will be my last post until i meet most of you guys friday at dinner!
    Drive Safe Im so excited to meet you all!

18. ashley86

ashley86 New Member

I just want to wish you all the best with your interviews and the travelling to your interviews. You will all do great just be yourselfs and i guarantee when i head down in August I will be meeting you at Disney. Good luck and keep me posted on how the interviews went.

19. SteffieDavis

SteffieDavis New Member

soooooo excited! and nervous....

20. ashley86

ashley86 New Member

You'll be good once you get in there, it'll be a breeze