Canadian's 2012-2013

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by CanadianCole, Nov 15, 2011.

1. majorjessica

majorjessica New Member

So how is everyone keeping busy during the waiting game? This is the hardest thing ever!

2. CanadianCole

CanadianCole New Member

I've been kept busy by school. Almost Christmas break so lots of stuff to do. :-\

3. jc09fp

jc09fp New Member

i am....not doing much!!! lol thats not true but it feels like since I applied till now its been forever and i just want to hear from them!!
    I am on co-op right now so I have lots of time at work to daydream...and i only get 4 days off for Christmas!!! The real world sucks hahaha But i am going to take a night class come January to keep me busy!
    Blahhhh
    :D

4. majorjessica

majorjessica New Member

I'm doing school too, so many essays to write, sigh. I'm also performing in a community production of Beauty and the Beast for the next two weeks so that should fulfill my Disney craving for the next little while. :) It will be 4 weeks since my phone interview when the show is over so I'm hoping I'll hear back by then!

5. Robyn8

Robyn8 New Member

. That is my favourite Disney movie !! That's sooo exciting !! I got some Disney news this morning and will be having my phone interview next tuesday at 1030 !! So I need to start prepping ! Any advice ? :)

6. jc09fp

jc09fp New Member

So youre just getting a phone interview now and you applied in early october...that means since i applied a month after you, Im going to be waiting awhile still.
    Thats awesome though! I would say just prep by working on selling youself...you only have a short time to make them want you!

7. roxy84

roxy84 New Member

The phone interview is very quick (usually 10 minutes or less) and is not difficult at all. Think of reasons why you want to do the program, sharing things about your country, and how you would adapt to Florida and the program. Be prepared with examples - and if you don't have an example just show your enthusiasm. For example, you may be asked about living with room mates - if you had one in college/university/summer camp draw on that experience, if not just talk about why you would like that experience.

Regardless of the questions, make sure to smile and sound 'Disney'. Your enthusiasm will take you far in the phone interview. Goodluck!

8. majorjessica

majorjessica New Member

The phone interview will be over so quick you won't even know it happened! That's how I felt anyway, but it's not stressful at all; I interviewed with Kristen and she was really, really nice.

9. mywonderland

mywonderland New Member

I know it's easier said than done, but try not to stress about the phone interview. It's honestly like a conversation with a friend. Kristen is VERY friendly and easy to talk to. I know some people make point form notes & just put bullets down for their answers so that when they are on the phone, it doesn't seem rehearsed. I wrote down any questions that I could think of that they might asked. I got some from these discussions boards and then some I thought of myself. I just went through each question and answered like I was talking to Kristen (sounds silly, but it actually helped out a lot!). I may have wrote down one or two things to help me remember incase I became side tracked during the interview. Also, talk slow .. not like really really slow but slow enough so that Kristen can actually hear and understand what you are saying. I know for me, because I am a naturally fast talker, I had to slow it down a bit. And like majorjessica said, it goes by really fast ... and like Robyn8 said, make sure you smile. I know it sounds silly but they can tell a lot over the phone so if you're "smiling" and you sound like "Disney", it will come across in throughout your interview. Also, just prepare yourself a few minutes before you're interview time. Set yourself up in a quiet place without distractions (if you can), it will allow you to focus more. If you have any notes, place them all in front of you. I prepared a few minutes before and it made everything seem less "rushed", if that makes any sense.
    Just prepare a little bit before hand, smile and let your enthusiasm and personality shine through during the interview! It's honestly just like talking to a friend! Good luck!!! :)

10. CanadianCole

CanadianCole New Member

Haha! I was really nervous when I had my phone interview! I was pacing in front of the phone, and when it rang I nearly tore it out of the wall. lol! Everyone is telling the truth about it being very conversational. I also got Kristen and she was very nice. I talked a bit quick and my throat was dry and my hands were literally shaking, but I got through it easily in about 5 or 10 minutes.

11. mywonderland

mywonderland New Member

I was nervous too, that's for sure, but preparing a little bit made it a little bit easier. And once I got passed the "housekeeping" questions like .. do you have a passport, any visible tattoos etc .. I was okay! LoL

12. SarahRad

SarahRad New Member

I just applied tonight! I only discovered that this program existed last month, I can't believe I didn't know!
    I live in BC so I'm hoping for the Vancouver interviews. Although of course, maybe I should hope for a phone interview first! :p

13. CanadianCole

CanadianCole New Member

Welcome to the waiting club Sarah! ::)

14. majorjessica

majorjessica New Member

Hey Sarah! Good luck on your Disney Application process, I am also hoping to be at the Vancouver interviews.

15. jc09fp

jc09fp New Member

What is one adventurous thing you want to do once we get to Florida???

Who wants to go SkyDiving?!?!?!?!? :D

16. majorjessica

majorjessica New Member

I don't know about adventurous... but the first place I want to go is:

THE WIZARDING WORLD OF HARRY POTTER.

17. CanadianCole

CanadianCole New Member

The Wizarding World is awesome, Jess! The ride inside the castle is great! I plan on getting an annual pass for Universal, so if I ever get tired of Disney (which I highly doubt) I can ride on over to Universal. :)

I plan to do many things! I want to go horseback riding again at Disney and I will be staying at my fave hotels for our discounted prices. But the number one thing I want to do: take a Disney cruise before the end of my contract!

18. SarahRad

SarahRad New Member

I would like to get a Disney themed tattoo (non visible obviously. Probably on my foot) and go on a Disney Cruise.

I didn't even think about a Universal annual pass. That's genius! Although of you don't have a car available to you, it may go to waste.

19. CanadianCole

CanadianCole New Member

Well I heard that the apartments have bus trips to not only the beach but also Universal. And there are always cabs. :)

20. DanBursey

DanBursey New Member

Plus some people will probably bring their cars, I know I plan to if I make the cut, I'm sure people will car pool to.