Canadian's 2012-2013

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by CanadianCole, Nov 15, 2011.

1. jc09fp

jc09fp New Member

A car is a must!

2. CanadianCole

CanadianCole New Member

Wish I had a car...or I could drive. I just wrote the written part of my drivers licence test a few weeks ago. lol. Plus I have no money for a car.
    I'm fine with taking buses. I've been taking them for about two years to and from college. No big. Just put on my iPod and I'm gone.

3. majorjessica

majorjessica New Member

I'm hoping to have a car if I move down there, will make life a lot easier I'm sure! I'm also sure I'll end up offering taxi services. :p

4. SarahRad

SarahRad New Member

I would love to have a car down there. But there's no way in hell I'm driving from Vancouver Island all the way to Florida. :p

Buses are just fine. :) and if its true they have buses that go to the beach and Universal, Well I'd be a happy camper. :D

5. DanBursey

DanBursey New Member

The bus systems are pretty good, besides traveling anywhere on Disney property on the Disney buses, the public buses called the Lynx bus can be used to get to any of the other parks or shopping areas for a reasonable rate. We took the bus from Downtown Disney to Universal and it was a little over $2.00. It took a bit of time and two transfers but its a good option to have.

6. jordanj942

jordanj942 New Member

I'd love to bring my car down if i got accepted its a soft top so is a perfect car for Florida, the car is originally from California too so would be taking it back to its native country lol. I live in BC though so loooooooong way to drive to get it there

7. jc09fp

jc09fp New Member

Yea just make sure your friends with someone with a car ;) becasue you know what else is a must? A Costco membership!! hahah :p ..and the ability to get out of the disney bubble if you wish.

8. Robyn8

Robyn8 New Member

phone interview tomorrow !! nervous and excited all at once!

eeeee :)

9. CanadianCole

CanadianCole New Member

Good luck! And just remember to be yourself!

10. lolmary

lolmary New Member

Has anyone heard back about face to face interviews for feb/march? I am super anxious and excited!

11. CanadianCole

CanadianCole New Member

You're not alone, Mary! I haven't heard back either. But I have a feeling we won't hear back until closer to Dec 15. I think the applications close then. So fingers crossed!

12. Robyn8

Robyn8 New Member

my phone interview went very well ! kristen is super duper nice !

she said that i would be hearing back in about three weeks about face to face .. so hopefully that gives you some idea and peace of mind for when we will all find out : )

having the phone interview made it so much more real and this waiting game is going to be exhausting ! LOL

13. SarahRad

SarahRad New Member

I got an email this morning saying that I was through to the next stage. So I will be setting up a phone interview in the next 2-3 weeks.
    :D:D:D

14. CanadianCole

CanadianCole New Member

Robyn: That's great!
    Sarah: Awesome!
    Both: Welcome to the waiting game! :D

15. majorjessica

majorjessica New Member

Today marks exactly 30 days since my phone interview, hopefully I hear back soon!

Ahhhh the waiting!

16. Robyn8

Robyn8 New Member

aahh! I know its been one day and im already totally anxious !

17. mywonderland

mywonderland New Member

Congrats on people getting their phone interview & good luck to everyone who is in the process of having them. They are a lot of fun, even though the waiting is the worst part! Applications close December 15, so hopefully we'll all hear something soon about the F2F!! :)

18. aabbiiee

aabbiiee New Member

hey guys! I had my phone interview in Ocotober and I'm still waiting :(

I wish I wasn't so nervous, and I kind of didn't answer a question properly because of it, but I did ask some questions at the end so I hope that helped me. I'm not good with talking to people over the phone, I'm so much better F2F.

I hope my nervousness did not kill me chance :( lol

19. natalieCanada

natalieCanada New Member

Phone Interview next week! Too excited and super nervous!

Does anyone know the type of questions they will be asking?

20. CanadianCole

CanadianCole New Member

Hey Natz. No worries. The phone interview is easy sailing.
    Here's a few of the questions I was asked during my 10 minute interview (not necessarily in this order):
    1. Do you have a Canadian passport?
    2. Do you have any visible tattoos or piercings?
    3. Why do you want to work for Disney?
    4. What would you take out of this experience?
    5. How would deal with working long hours in the extreme heat?
    6. How would you deal with having a roommate possibly from a different country?
    7. What position are you most interested in: food and beverage, merchandise or attractions?
    8. Do you have any other questions?