Canadian's 2012-2013

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by CanadianCole, Nov 15, 2011.

1. CanadianCole

CanadianCole New Member

No worries aabbiiee! I had mine in October too and I'm still waiting. And I was just as nervous as you were. I was literally shaking and breathless the entire time.

2. aabbiiee

aabbiiee New Member

Thank you, now I know I'm not the only one! :) good luck!

3. timon_and_pumba

timon_and_pumba New Member

Hey everyone! I just wanted to tell you to stick out the waiting! Its a big part of the process and gets difficult at times, but just wait it out! I applied last December and I'm just now leaving for Orlando on Sunday! Some peoples wait could be more or less, it depends. Just keep positive! Even if you don't make it to F2F, TRY AGAIN, I applied in 2009 and didn't make it past the phone interview, i was discouraged, but i tried again and now i finally get to go!!

So anyway i made a blog http://karaindisneyworld.tumblr.com/ if you'd guys like to follow it to help pass the time, i know when i was waiting i poured myself over tons of blogs and videos etc...

GOOD LUCK to all of you and i hope to see you down there!!

4. nb guy :)

nb guy :) New Member

Hi Everyone! I'm Justin from New Brunswick :) Phone interview is Wednesday...super excited and nervous :D

5. CanadianCole

CanadianCole New Member

Thanks for the luck, Kara! Hopefully we don't have to wait as long as you did! lol I've already waited so long, I don't think I can take it again!

And welcome to the club Justin! Remember to be yourself during your interview. Good luck!

6. natalieCanada

natalieCanada New Member

Thanks so much for the help! It will be very useful for Tuesday!

7. chocolatecook

chocolatecook New Member

Jess from Vancouver Island! Still in the waiting game. Anyone know how many people are going to be invited to Vancouver?

8. majorjessica

majorjessica New Member

It's Walt Disney's Birthday today! A sign for all of us? *fingers crossed*

9. CanadianCole

CanadianCole New Member

Hi Jess and welcome to the waiting game! Not sure how many people will be at Vancouver as I'll be at Toronto (hopefully). From what I've seen in the past it would be about 30 or 40 people at the F2F. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm just kind of guessing.

And it may be a sign, Jessica! Almost one more week before applications close. *keeps fingers crossed*

10. emsuth

emsuth New Member

Hi guys!! I'm Emily from Victoria, BC! I JUST had my phone interview (literally 2 minutes ago) and OH MY WORD! All night last night I couldn't sleep, I was up watching Duck Tales and eating ice cream trying to calm myself down, hahaha! Then this morning I had the worst anxiety, but as soon as I picked up the phone, Kirsten was SO nice and polite, I felt so comfortable. I even wore my Minnie ears during the interview for extra luck! I wish you all the best of luck and hope to meet you guys at the F2F interviews and then hopefully in Disneyworld! Good luck everyone!!! ;D

11. CanadianCole

CanadianCole New Member

Not happy. Got an email from Kristen...I didn't pass the phone stage. The feeling while reading that email wasn't a good one. :(

12. majorjessica

majorjessica New Member

I'm so sorry to post this after you Nicole: but I got an email this morning as well telling me that I've moved on the next stage!

Awh Nicole! I was enjoying chatting with you, I'm so sorry to hear that, you must be crushed. :(

13. emsuth

emsuth New Member

i'm so sorry to hear that nicole, after reading your posts throughout the discussion forums you seem like you would be such a great fit! don't stop trying though! keep applying until you get it! a girl my friend knows applied three times before she got accepted, keep your chin up!

14. mywonderland

mywonderland New Member

Aw I'm sorry Nicole .. I agree with emsuth, you definitely seemed like you would have been a great fit for their program. Don't give up though, keep trying to you achieve your goal!!

Majorjessica - congratulations on getting through to the next stage! :)

It's been a long wait, but hopefully things start to pick up a little and people starting hearing back soon. Hopefully it will all be worth it! :)

15. missmjanelle

missmjanelle New Member

Hey guys! I just got my email today saying that I had passed the phone stage! I'm so excited!! Which interview location are you guys planning to go to?!

16. majorjessica

majorjessica New Member

I will be interviewing in Vancouver as I live about 45 minutes away from there, where are you headed missmjanelle?

17. txlast

txlast New Member

Hello, fellow Canucks! Just received word today that I have passed the phone interview stage and will be doing the Vancouver face-to-face interviews in February. Yay!

18. lolmary

lolmary New Member

Hey guys! I also got my email today (er... yesterday!) for my face to face interview and ill be doing the Vancouver one :D cant wait to meet you all!

19. missmjanelle

missmjanelle New Member

I'm interviewing in Toronto, I live about 4 hours from there!

20. emsuth

emsuth New Member

How long ago did you guys all have your phone interviews? (ps If selected, I will be interviewing in Vancouver! Fingers crossed!)