Canadians accepted into final stage??

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by jordanj942, Aug 25, 2009.

1. princess_shayna

princess_shayna New Member

that's cool! What's it called??

2. Moksgmol

Moksgmol New Member

Hey hey hey folks!
    I know there are plenty of people from BC; anyone else from Victoria? Or the island, I guess, haha.
    I might be at the interviews... I'm still on the waitlist from the last set (wooo day 163), but if I don't get a call I'll see you all there. Or at least those of you at the same interview location as me.

Ciao lovies,
    Moks

3. ShanaBanana

ShanaBanana New Member

oooh Outer Layer looks like a fun little shop! Any store that has fun little soaps and what not is right up my alley!

Keep those fingers crossed, Moks! Ya never know when a call may come your way! :) Sure is a test of patience though isn't it!

4. wesleyboyd

wesleyboyd New Member

I'm from Victoria! I got my F2F, Im just getting nervous waiting to find out where and when they are.. Had a two week road trip planned for early October, maybe I just didnt get an email about it? Has anyone heard anything?

5. ShanaBanana

ShanaBanana New Member

HI! Welcome Welcome Welcome! :) I'm Shanan from Oakville, Ontario - and as far as when/where the F2F interviews will be, I'm just as clueless as you :D I was told by Kristen though that they were looking to have them some time in October... I had to check dates with her (vacation to Disney World in 17 days! WOOP!) and she said that was fine. Given you've planned your trip for October though, I would fire off an email to Kristen when you get the chance, and just give her the heads up about it. Then she may be able to give you an alternative option if it turns out you won't be around for the F2F interviews. I think in the phone interview she told me that they try to give people about 6 weeks notice before the interview, so they have time to book flights if they have to. At this point, that would put them around mid-to late October - so you might be safe! But as I say, def check with Kristen - she's the go-to girl!

As far as where they'll be, I think they're waiting on seeing how many people that they ultimately have passed through to the F2F, and then see what major cities their closest too. As far as the West coast goes, my best guess would be Vancouver! There's a good few BC people on here!

I'm guessing we'll have a general idea of dates/locations for the F2F soon... maybe within the next couple weeks. But there's really no way of knowing - I'm sure they're swamped still just getting through the remaining phone interviews!

Check out the facebook group we've just started that has some current Canadian applicants for the CRP thus far: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=138642354816&ref=ts Just another way we can all stay in touch through the process! :)

6. wesleyboyd

wesleyboyd New Member

Well, I'm glad we're all in the same boat here, I'm not a very patient person to begin with, let alone when it comes to something I am REALLY excited about. I have some friends who have already been accepted, one is working currently, and the other leaves in December. and I hope to meet up with them when I get there (notice the optimism) ;D

7. musicman06

musicman06 New Member

Hey everyone, I just sent in my application to Kristen yesterday and now I am waiting for my phone interview. I have already done the program once from July 2007 to July 2008. If anyone has any questions just ask. I worked in F&B. :)

8. princess_shayna

so you worked in Le Cellier?? What was it like??

9. musicman06

musicman06 New Member

Lecellier was GREAT. I loved it. For all of you that wants to work in F&B here is some information regarding what you would be doing...

When you first start out you will be working popcorn cart outside and you will have shifts in the restaurant as well. If you are on popcorn cart you will either be doing cash or stocker. There are 3 different positions in the restaurant that you will have when you are just starting out which are: Greeter, Seater or Stocker. In order to move up to food running and then server ($$$$) you have to spiel the menu to the managers.Great thing about working in the restraunt it didn't open until 11:30am so I got to sleep in most mornings....lol Disney has to give you minimum 32 hours of work every week, your rent is automatically deducted from your pay cheque every week. My rent was $87 a week for a 2 bedroom in the commons.

Anything else you wanna know, just ask!!!!

10. wesleyboyd

wesleyboyd New Member

So, there are two main options right now I take it, F&B, and Merch. What are the options for each job? like, are there different positions within each? What different stands are there for food? Merch?

11. Jenn_fs

Jenn_fs New Member

Hello fellow Canadians!

I'm Jenn from Burlington, Ontario! I am also waiting to hear about the F2F interview. Man, I am so nervous but also excited. Working ar Disney has been a dream of mine since I was a kid. I hope to meet everyone in Florida! I am not sure which area of the pavilion I want to work in. Any suggestions? Also, anyone who has already gone through the F2F, any advice on the F2F interview?

Thanks, ttfn ;)

Jenn

12. princess_shayna

Hi Jenn I'm Shayna from Guelph ON!! It's nice to meet ya!!

It's nerve-wracking waiting to hear about F2F eh?! Everyone seems to be waiting with baited breath! I did this process once before for ICP, the F2F are obvs an interview and you're so nervous, but it's so much fun too!!!!!! :)

I'm sure there will be much more conversation about it when we find out who all got em!! I'm excited!!!!

It's my dream to work for DIsney too since I was a kid too, well again anyway lol! Since i've already done the ICP before!

13. lululemon

lululemon Member

Hiya folks!

I have been accepted to do the F2F too, I did the program from December 2007-January 2009, and am really looking forward for the opportunity to do it again. I was in food and bev, but I had friends all over the pavilion, so if you have any questions about anything, I can try to clear them up for ya!

14. ShanaBanana

ShanaBanana New Member

Hiya!! Congrats on making it to the F2F - I'M PUMPED! Well, we all are! ;D That's what happens when pixie dust flows through the veins! I'm Shanan from Oakville, Ontario - a hopeful food and bev-er!

Join our little facebook group, and if you (or anyone else) knows somebody applying, tell them to join up too - it's just a great way for everybody to touch base with each other, particularly those who may not know about this site :) http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/group.php?gid=138642354816&ref=ts

15. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

Welcome to all!

I'm Matt, from Toronmonton... I just made up a new city since I don't want to say I'm a Torontonian and give up my western heritage! ;D

Can't wait to meet y'all at the F2F!!!

16. jackattack

jackattack New Member

I feel like we've been waiting forever to hear when the F2F are being held!

17. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

I know!!! How long has it actually been? Like 2 weeks or so?

18. jackattack

jackattack New Member

Well it was the day my sister went into labour I think which was August 26th... so yes, 2 weeks!

19. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

Lol, that would make the date pretty memorable eh?

I'm sure we'll find out in due time.