Canadians Anyone?

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by Canadian Cowgirl, Feb 14, 2006.

1. Jorden

Jorden New Member

Yeah I'm applying for a year long program, but I'll actually have my degree this year (convocate in June) so I didn't have to coordinate anything with the University.

There's two different programs the ICP (International College Program) is what it sounds like you're going on. Summer long and you can do pretty much anything anywhere in the park.

The Cultural Rep program (that I applied for) is year long, and you can only work in the Canada pavilion at Epcot.

2. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

I see, I was under the impression you were in the ICP as well. That's cool though, good times to be had no matter what.

3. Jorden

Jorden New Member

Yup exactly! Good times will be had by all lol

4. brennan0720

brennan0720 New Member

jorden any word on your status recently?

5. Jorden

Jorden New Member

Nope still nothing unfortunatly :(. I plan on calling Cast-A-Way sometime soon but I work mornings for the rest of the week so I might not get around to it until next week.

6. brennan0720

brennan0720 New Member

well best of luck from a fellow albertan... i must apologize in advance for the upsetting loss your team will face if calgary wins tommorow night~!

7. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

Haha, sorry Jorden, gotta go with Brennan on that one :p

Really sucks about the Habs though... I would vent, but that may take a large amount of space and there may be some inappropriate language used... so I'll save you all from the suffering and stop... now.

8. Jorden

Jorden New Member

You gotta look at it this way. Calgary is currently losing to Anaheim in the 2nd (so I'm not sure the outcome yet). The teams are quite evenly matched, it will come down to how well Kipper is playing (and NO ONE can argue he's playing as well has he did in the last playoff run, hes playing good don't get me wrong, but not that good). There is also no way that Calgary will score any more goals than Detroit did. So thus all that will matter is how many goals Edmonton can score, bringing us right back to Kipper.

Granted Roloson isn't great but he played amazing against Detroit. This potential battle of Alberta will be a battle of the goaltenders, and the way Kipppers playing it'll be a long but quite possible Edmonton victory.

Remember Matt you wrote off the Oilers against the wings and what happened there?

9. brennan0720

brennan0720 New Member

haha well im a ducks fan actually even though im from cow town... a win for either team will be good though... i agree though that the next round will be all about the goalies!

10. SML84

SML84 New Member

Ok guys i think the real phenomoenon that we should be talking about is the fact that the Oilers actualy beat the wings. YEAH go OILERS go!!!!

11. Jorden

Jorden New Member

Meh if you saw the series it was no phenominon. Oil had game 1 in their hands minus a few bad bounces... it shoulda been over in 5!

3 of my 4 teams for this years playoffs have now advanced (Edmoton, Ottawa, Carolina) just waiting on the Ducks to round it out, then I got 4/8 in the playoffs with a chance of all 4 making it to the final 4 :D.

Roloson has to keep playing as good as he has for the past 2 weeks and the Oilers have a real chance at eliminating the Flames (if the Ducks don't beat them to it!)

Edit: THE DUCKS HAVE SCORED AGAIN! 2-0 Anaheim!

12. Jorden

Jorden New Member

There it is the Flames ARE DONE!

Ducks advance!

13. brennan0720

brennan0720 New Member

YEA! good job anaheim... looks like we'll have a ducks vs sanjose western conference final now!

14. Jorden

Jorden New Member

lol we'll see, I can see the ducks beating Colorado pretty easily.

Oilers/Sharks should be a good series, Edmonton is 3 and 1 against them this year (with 2 of those wins in the shootout).

15. brennan0720

brennan0720 New Member

yea shootout wins make it hard to judge what'll happen in the playoffs because a few teams are killer on the shootout and a few (calgary was one) were slaughtered every time

16. Jorden

Jorden New Member

Yeah a couple shootout wins tell ya it's gonna be a close series...

Edmonton/Detroit had 2 or 3 games go to OT/SO and it was faily close. I expect nothing less from SJ.

17. CaperGirl

CaperGirl New Member

Hey everyone who is getting health insurance check and see if your're covered on your parents health plans. My mom has a health plan through her work and I get 90 (million dollare coverage)day travellers insurance. So I only have to buy 14 days of "top up" insurance. So it costs me 52 dollars through Blue Cross.

18. brennan0720

brennan0720 New Member

19. David

David New Member

Actually read the policy to see if your health insurance covers you being underaged, and then admitted to the hospital for being too drunk to stand up.

Because apparently, mine didn't cover that.

20. brennan0720

brennan0720 New Member

lol care to elaborate?