Canadians for January 2010??

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by princess_shayna, Feb 2, 2009.

1. princess_shayna

princess_shayna New Member

Hello Everyone!!

I was just wondering who was thinking of going down for cultural rep from Canada in 2010?? Some friends and I from our ICP program a few years ago are going to be applying - just wondering who else was out there :)

kisses and hugs,
    Shay xo

2. jslussier

jslussier New Member

I Shay! I got a interview in the beginning of march... Hopes to start on august so i'll be there in 2010 if i get trough the interview!

3. princess_shayna

Oh wow thats so exciting!!! Gooooood luck!!! The interviews are so fun though honest :) Obvs you'll be nervous, but really they make them so fun and so Disney!!!

I was initially thinking August but it works with my schedule better to go down in the new year! So i'll be sending in my application in the next few days now i'm just getting it ready lol! But yeah I guess if all goes well we will both be down there at the same time for a while!!!

I did the ICP program in the summer of '06 and have been just dying to get back again! It is just the most magical time ever!!!!!!!

Where are you from?? What are you hoping to do down there??

4. jslussier

jslussier New Member

I'm from Quebec! I'll prefer working in Food and Beverage...but i don't really care if they put me in mercahndise because i just want to work there...But I think I am going to be better and more usefull in F&B for sure!!!What was your position during your ICP???

5. princess_shayna

Yeeeah F&B is what i'm hoping for too :)

I worked in Toontown in the Magic Kingdom and operated Goofy's Barnstormer and worked in the Judge's Tent and Hall of Fame taking people into see Mickey and the princesses and such! It was so so soooooo much fun!!! I loved working at MK!

6. Shayna, hey dude, Im from scotland and did ICP in 2006. I work ODF in MK, So much fun wasnt it. Im in the process of interviews for CRP for Sep 09. So hopefully see u in the commons in 2010!

7. ChelBelle

ChelBelle New Member

Hi! I am hoping to go in 2010 too! I am from Calgary! Hopefully I hear back from them soon because I really want to go :)

8. princess_shayna

ahh I want to go so badly too!!!! I've never been to Calgary but one of my best friends is from Edmonton and we're all talking about maybe checkin out the Stampede this summer :) I hear great things!!!

And really you were in MK then too?? Awee it was such a great summer! I want so badly to go back again! I just love everything about it!!! Mk is the best, especially at night!!! I love!

And i'd be excited to live in the commons too!! Where did you live in '06??

9. entcal

entcal New Member

Stampede is my favourite time of year! You MUST go!!

This will be the first year of my life that I will not be attending the Stampede and that makes me sad :(

However, I suppose being in Florida might make up for it a little :)

10. Yea at tree houses baby!

11. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

Shayna, fancing seeing you on here... ;)

I feel so special! I am the friend who lives in Edmonton! ;D

The Calgary Stampede is awesome, I especailly love the Grand Stand show! and we're hoping to catch Taylor Swift there too!

I did ODF in 2006 too! However, I did it at the then called MGM Studios. It was good times. I always counted myself lucky since at least our popcorn carts had air conditioning.

2010 looks like it will be the best year, EVER!

12. yea u guys didnt even have carts, it was like metal sheds!!! So unfair!

But i honestly cant remember ever being to hot, cos u get good shade under those things.

13. princess_shayna

Awee well then i'm excited to check out the Stampede :) I've always wanted to go!! Florida will make up for it though definately I think!!!

And treehouses are sweeeet! I visited them one over the summer I was there.... I thiiiink I still preferred Vista though! lol Oh Vista haha

14. princess_shayna

Awee MATTY! Fancy that!!! ahahahaha! I LOVE YOU!

The Calgary stampede is one of the reasons why I kinda think you should stay in Ed for the summer at least! Then we can go there and see Taylor Swift and have great fabulous party times!! Yess??? haha then we can all move somewhere together! My vote is yes!!

I'm so excited for CRP in 2010!!! Lets do this!!!

15. I lived in the commons as well, so i think i know which one i prefer haha!!!

U should definitely go for the CRP program!

16. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

I remember there was one spot, the Coke Wagon right in between ToT and Roc, and at about 2 or 3 PM, the sun was in an exact position where there was no way to adjust or move the umbrellas to be in the shade. That was hot... lol, needless to say, I came back that summer with quite a tan, and I'm already darker than most people.

I wonder if the hot tubs at the commons are any safer than the one's at Vista?

Shayna, we definitely need to do the Stampede, not sure if I will have moved by then though, we'll see!

17. mousefreak

mousefreak New Member

the hot tub at vistas arent safe? ???

18. princess_shayna

haha well... they're probably not the cleanest hot tubs ever... a lot goes on in those hot tubs!! ;) if ya know what I mean! lol! The pools are great though! lol!

And Matty why yes we do! If you have time message me tonight and we can talk about this cover letter ok??? I wanna get things rolling :)

19. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

Yeah... let's just say that people aren't entirely concerned about their privacy...

But the pools are nice and refreshing after a long day at work!

20. mousefreak

mousefreak New Member

o ahaha yea i didnt even think about that.

when i read that they were unsafe i was thinking like chemical imbalance of the chlorine or something lol

... so naive.

i didnt realise people wouldnt want privacy :S

is there a lot of activity like that there (ie random hookups) cos i have read some stuff and people have kinda hinted twds it.. hahah