Canadians for January 2010??

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by princess_shayna, Feb 2, 2009.

1. princess_shayna

princess_shayna New Member

lol!!

Well they don't call it Vista Lay for nothing ;)

No honestly it totally goes on but unless thats what you want you dont really notice it or hear about it too much! I was 20 when I lived there and it never really was a huge issue for me!! I loved living there! The only sucky thing was that grocery stores are hard to get to if your carless!

2. mousefreak

mousefreak New Member

ahaah is it just vista or all the apartment complexes?

i would assume all....

please dont get the impression thats what i am going down there for.. tis more just curiosity lol :p

3. princess_shayna

haha no no no no worries I totally get the curiosity thing!!

But it's all apartment complexes :) You put that many people together from all over the place it just happens - makes total sense! lol ;D

4. mousefreak

mousefreak New Member

ahahah totally does!

I am pumped (not for random hook ups) but rather to meet people from all over the world.

ps. outta curiosity, in the uk pavillion are there people from ireland?
    is ireland techincally a part of uk? i dno.

but those accents... whoa! they get me everytime.

PS i am in my modern poetry class right now... cant even focus on seamus heaney's poetry.. i AM WAY TO EXCITED FOR F2Fs!!!!!
    :D:D:D:D:D

5. princess_shayna

lol!! It is super fun!!!

Hmm Irish boys... well I met an irish boy when I worked down there and he became one of my best friends from the program, but I dont think they work at the UK Pavilion! I could be wrong but I dont think so! There's still lots there though working in Ops and other stuff like that though :) haha so you can keep your eye out for 'em! ;)

You're aiming to go down for September-ish '09 CRP right?? When are your F2F interviews??

6. mousefreak

mousefreak New Member

i will be on the irish look out!

my interview is within the first two weeks of march (if its march 5th, thats my birthday :D:D)

i would prefereably like to start in august, but really i could start in the end of may, hahaah

7. The UK Is split into 4 countries, Scotland, England, Northern Ireland and Wales.

So to answer your question, there will most defo be some irish lads at the commons for u to scout out!

8. mousefreak

mousefreak New Member

ahahah thanks.. i am not completly dumb... i just wasnt sure what countries complied the uk.

irish lads :) i just like that they are callled that!

ahh!

i have a constant smile on my face!!!!!!!!! I am like perma happy with life right now :D

9. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

Lucky! I wish I was gearing up for interviews right now! Still have awhile to go before applying...

Good luck!

10. mousefreak

mousefreak New Member

thanks for the luck!!!

when is the next application process?

11. princess_shayna

We don't apply until July... and then our round of interviews for Jan will be in the fall!

Good luck on yours though :) They're nerve-racking but so fun!!!

12. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

Totally! And you can meet people that you meet on the forum there. Unfortunately on my last program, I didn't know about this site until after the interview. Plus I flew all the way out to Toronto from Edmonton for it so I really didn't know anyone. But it's still fun, you get to meet lot's of other people who love Disney too!

13. mousefreak

mousefreak New Member

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! i am so pumped!

perma-smile is the only way to descibe it

14. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

Haha, well that's the way to be! Make sure they can tell how friendly are cheerful you are!

Disney makes every day brighter!

15. mousefreak

mousefreak New Member

The thing i am worried about regarding thef2f is my nerves...

i feel like i am such a happy, outgoing person, but then i get put into that kinda situation and i freeze up.. and get really quite :(

16. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

I wouldn't worry about it too much. It's not really an intense interview. I just had one with Stats Canada, and it felt like I was being grilled with questions by a panel, all staring you down! lol, thankfully it's nothing like that. At least the last time I went, they made it really comfortable. They interviewed 2 applicants at a time and took turns asking questions. They ask about your background, how you get along with others, why you want to do the program etc... just make sure you've got some answers thought out so you'll know what you want to say and what points you want to get accross. That way, once the day of the interview actually arrives, you can relax and take it all in! You'll still be nervous, you can't really help it, but at least you'll know you're prepared.

If all else fails, force yourself to be talkative, but watch out so you don't just go blabbing whatever comes to mind ;)

17. mousefreak

mousefreak New Member

i will def not drink any coffee that day haahha and just take deep breathes.

18. princess_shayna

honestly I was a nervous wreck! I'm like you I get super nervous and sometimes I just freeze up. But like Matt said, they make it really comfortable for you :) Don't overthink it! You just have to go in there and be yourself, and really just tell them how much you love it! I barely slept the night before mine my stomach was so turny and thats normal :) Everyone will be nervous just like you are so dont get too hung up on it! Be yourself! They're really great!!!

March 5th was when my interview was too once upon a time! lol! Awee you'll be great don't worry too much :)

19. mousefreak

mousefreak New Member

March 5th would be an amazing date for the interview!!!
    Seriously best birthday ever!

And i am 19 so i could go have a quick drink (AFTER OF COURSE) to ease my nerves.

20. princess_shayna

oOoOoO celebration drinks for sure :)