Canadians for January 2010??

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by princess_shayna, Feb 2, 2009.

1. ShanaBanana

ShanaBanana New Member

Yeah, that park looks AMAZING (to say the least!). I just can't wait to dress up, drink butterbeer, have a wand "choose" me, and ride that big new attraction that they're still letting *nothing* out about!! *shakes fist* I wish they had like a Hogwarts tower that you could sleep in, as you can in Cinderella's Castle :D I would sneak up and jump on the Gryffindor beds, chill out in the common room, ohhhh heck yes! Gah, I really can't wait for this!! Glad that the opening date isn't *too* far away though :) First in line my friends, heck yes!

2. ShanaBanana

ShanaBanana New Member

I've got high hopes that on Monday we're all getting an email... :D :D I think by now, I'm well on my way to becoming a loony with all this anticipation!

3. MeganHitachiin

MeganHitachiin New Member

Same here ... though I think I was already loony but now even more so XD ...

4. I reeeeeally hope you're right, Shanan. I'm nearly at the banging-head-against-wall stage.

5. ShanaBanana

ShanaBanana New Member

Oh been there, done that, have the hole in the wall to prove it! :D Okay, *slight* exaggeration... maybe... ::)

The application deadline is tomorrow, so I think an email will be coming any day now! I would just prefeeeer Monday as I'll be without internet for a week... which is basically like cutting off my lifeline to the world :D

6. MeganHitachiin

yah I work all week so the second I get home each day I will just be shoving everyone who stands in my way of the computer away to check my email the second I get home so for their sake I hope it comes Modnay

7. amyanne

amyanne New Member

so do you think that they'll tell those of us
    that don't know if we got a F2F yet that we got
    it and location/date at the same time or will they
    send out the rest of the F2F confirmations and then
    location/date? ( I hope that made sense...)

8. ShanaBanana

ShanaBanana New Member

hard to say - at this point though, I think you'd hear about getting a face to face interview at the same time that they send out the official dates/locations. Sorta a means of hitting two birds with one stone that way (I wish there was a nicer way of saying that.. whoever thought of throwing stones at birds in the first place?!).

Really though, who knooooooooooooows! It's times like this that a crystal ball would sure come in handy!

9. MeganHitachiin

I attempted to consult the tarot cards but since I was eating a rice krispie square at the time I kind of messed them up lol so I will try again now that I am not eating XD

10. amyanne

amyanne New Member

Oh I would definitely be into a crystal ball or some tarot cards..
    However they choose to do it, I hope they
    do it soon because I know you guys have been
    waiting a whole lot longer than I have.

Also, I must say hello to you Shanan as
    you gave me a warm welcome in the other
    thread. Hiiiii! ;D

11. MeganHitachiin

a wait is a wait I know you must be going crazy as well... by the way sorry for not introducing myself earlier... I am Megan Votour from New Brunswick :D

12. amyanne

amyanne New Member

Hi Megan! ;D I'm Amy from Vancouver.
    I am definitely going crazy but I hate to complain,
    I'm just so worried about my phone interview. I mean
    I was really positive and all but I was also very nervous.
    I can't even remember half my answers.

13. ShanaBanana

ShanaBanana New Member

As hard as it is, just flip on some Disney music, or a good ol' Disney movie, and try not to think about it! The way I see it, no news is good news. I think they tend to know pretty quickly if somebody is going to be put forward to the next round, and would let them know accordingly. If you're waiting, me thinks that would mean you're just waiting for that golden date! Fingers crossed! When did you have your phone interview again?

Also, gotta say I'm jealous you're from Vancouver - you get to see the Olympics go down in action! I wish I could be there!!

14. MeganHitachiin

I wish I could be there too though I am pretty fond of the east coast lol ... yeah Disney music helps loads just dance around to it an dseriously time will fly right by

15. amyanne

amyanne New Member

Haha my phone interview was only on thursday, I'm just being paranoid.
    I just tend to over analyze things.
    Do they tell you if you don't get a f2f?

Yes, Vancouver is really pretty and I feel very lucky to live here.
    I have to say though, I have definitely enjoyed my travels to the east coast.
    However, I'm hoping that instead of watching the Olympics that I will
    be in Florida watching MK fireworks. Much better in my opinion. :D

16. ShanaBanana

ShanaBanana New Member

haha well you may just have both! A little support for Canada by watching olympics during the day, and a little Wishes at night. A nice blend of Canadian pride and Disney! :D Though that gold medal hockey game would be an epic thing to experience in person! And this is coming from somebody who really doesn't follow hockey at all! :D I just remember being crazy into the Gold Medal game back in Salt Lake City way back when! I don't know what's going on half the time, but I get into the excitement of things pretty easily!

As far as I know, they do send out an email stating if an applicant will not be carried on to the f2f - but don't focus on that! Just focus on the positive stuff! ;) Rain drops on roses, whiskers on kittens, bright copper kettles, and warm woolen mittens... ;)

17. amyanne

amyanne New Member

Very true. I'm telling you right now that if I have a
    tv down there you are all invited over for Olympics watching parties :)
    especially for hockey games, fan or not, it's our responsibility to represent
    Canada while were there right?

And I muchly appreciate the reassurance!
    I have to think about the fact that my boss's
    son went and the kid has little to no personality
    at all. No offense to him but if he can get a spot, we can all get a spot!

18. amyanne

amyanne New Member

Hmmm that came across meaner than intended....
    I just meant that he is not the typical, enthusiastic
    applicant and it surprised me that he got a spot
    due to this.

19. MeganHitachiin

oh yes the only time I watch hockey is during the olympics lol olympic viewing parties is a must ....:D

and honestly I have a feeling people who don't think they will get it will cause themselves not to get it ... we all stand a strong chance at getting in if we stay possitive and just be ourselves lol

the tarot cards are giving me goood orlando vibes lol

and yeah no worriews I knew what you meant

its hard to believe us uber enthusiastic people aren't just a bit more diserable because of our ability to talk with people

20. amyanne

amyanne New Member

Thats a good point about causing yourself not to get it.
    But I'm not even worried about the interview, its just a matter of securing one.
    As Im sure we all are, I'm much better at talking to someone in
    person than over the phone. Over the phone they cant see the giant smile
    of excitement on our faces! ;D
    I have faith in your tarot cards Megan!