Cars and junk

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by BriiMonster, Apr 16, 2012.

1. BriiMonster

BriiMonster New Member

Hello lovely ICP people!! I've had a look through the threads and haven't found any info about this, so hopefully some of you will have some more knowledge.

So, there's a few of us who are wanting to buy cars when we get to Orlando for our program, starting August 4. Do Disney let people on the ICP have cars? There's been some conflicting information about it- whether or not you need to have a Florida/ USA drivers license before being able to take a car to housing etc.

Also, are there any other current ICP cast members who have purchased cars, and want to sell theirs when they leave in August? (Is there a thread set up for people who want to sell their stuff like cars and TVs and kitchenware etc that I've missed?)

Basically if you have any info on the car situation, we'd greatly appreciate your help :)

2. Hamburger

Hamburger New Member

Hello BriiMonster,

although it has been some time since I was there, I guess some things haven't changed all that much.

Disney does not care whether you purchase a car or not, and there are always cars to buy from other participants who are leaving.

As far as I know, when you buy a car, you have to buy insurance for it. In order to do so, you need to have a Florida drivers license! In order to get your Florida drivers license, though, you need a car! Go figure...

When you move to Florida, you need to get a Florida drivers license within 30 days anyhow, because after that date your international drivers licenses are not valid any more - unless you're a tourist, which you are not!

Best thing for you is to check out this page, which is the official DMV page: http://www.dmvflorida.org/drivers-license.shtml