Cast-a-away

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by vader1, Feb 23, 2007.

1. hockey_town_canada

hockey_town_canada New Member

haha ya i know... i dunno if thats good or bad??? haha

2. vader1

vader1 New Member

andrew great to hear i will add u on so we can chat later eric really is a nice guy and is so glad to hear from us cant wait to meet everyone at the torontos interviews glad i called or i would be forced to wait another year close call :)

3. Ladybug

Ladybug New Member

Andrew, around what time did you call him? I tried to call for the whole friggin' day (and I mean, the whole day, really) and ALWAYS got the answering machine. The same thing happened on Monday, and I even left a message last week... I'm starting to develop a real hatred towards phones :(

4. hockey_town_canada

It was around 12:30pm my time(Winnipeg-Central Time) so i think that is 2:30ish Montreal time... cant remember if its a 2 hr diffrence or 1 hr diffrence from here to montreal... anyways i called and he answered on the first try.... and pretty much started the interview then haha.. so i wouldnt give up... keep calling... eric is really super nice...

he even said to let him know what time my flight home is that day... then he will try to schedule me in early so i can for sure make it out there in time.... so that was great i thought....

anyways good luck ladybug keep trying( sorry dont know your real name yet) haha

Andrew

5. brad

brad New Member

Congrats to all of up that are going to the interviews so far!

Toronto interviews are full eh? It kinda sucks that they are supposed to call you, and then people started calling them and then those who waited don't get a spot. I better call for sure then tomorrow and see if I can get in to the Montreal interviews. I was hesitant in calling today because I have a cold and I'm having trouble putting my thoughts together, and I dont sound the greatest. Its an extra 6 hour drive compared to if I were to go to Toronto, but it would be worth it.

6. hockey_town_canada

ya brad i'd for sure give him a call... ya i know it sucks . i would have prefered toronto too but what can ya do ... anyways good luck give him a call tommorrow... i called around 12:30 my time and got through right away so im guessing thats around 1:30 your time... and so ya know... you have to be there for 830am on the 11th... pretty early ... so ya might have to look into going the night before... thats what im doing so im not tired for the interview....

7. brad

brad New Member

Congrats on getting through andrew! Thanks for the tips, Ill give cast a way a call on my lunch break tomorrow and hopefully I can get ahold of Eric.

8. That's great Andrew!!!

Wow, the Toronto interviews are full? I wonder how many people didn't get a call yet.
    Any idea what time the interviews will be over? If we have to be there at 8:30 and they start at 9 with the presentation?

Good luck Brad!

9. hockey_town_canada

ya im not to sure...but eric said to let him know what time im booking a flight home so he can for sure get me in for my interview and to the airport in enough time.... and he said they are interviewing for september departures... so that will be nice... haha have a chance to miss all the snow and winter all together...

meg you'll have to give me some tips the night of the 10th on the interviews to let me know what i should say or what they ask haha

10. Jorden

Jorden New Member

The interviews could take all day... if I remember correctly the presentation was 2 hours, then there was either a 30 or 60 min break, before the interviews started. They either alotted 15 or 20 min for each interview window and there was two interviewers. They went until about 4 or 5 PM (but this shortened as they started interviewing two people at a time).

Thus it could be a full 8 hour day aproximatly if you have a late interview.

Now this happened a year ago for me so something along the way could have changed or my memory could be a bit foggy.

11. lululemon

lululemon Member

WOW! congratulations to everyone who has gotten an interview so far...and to those that are still waiting, I'm sure you will be in for the Montreal ones...it is amazing that they are interviewing for sept positions...I was fully waiting for like an 9+ month wait (from what I have read!) but it would be awesome to miss the snow for a bit!!

12. lululemon

lululemon Member

LOL...and those of you with interviews on the 11th and 12th should definetly post your experiences for the interviews that follow! (sorry apparently I have alot to say tonight!)

13. QueensGirl

QueensGirl New Member

hi,
    I think eric told me that interviews start at 11...i told him i needed to be out by 12:30 and he didn't seem to think that would be a problem. last year i said i had to leave early, and I was out within half an hour after the interviews started. they interview a lot of people at once.
    so you should be fine to get out for your flight, just remember to tell eric when you get there
    :)

14. haha definitely!
    I prob wont be home til late though, I have a 5 hour drive back after the interview because I have an exam on the 11th! I don't think it'll be too bad if they're not done til 4 or 5, that still puts us home around 10/11ish.

15. Ladybug

Ladybug New Member

I just learned that Eric is out of the office today so it's useless. Good thing I don't have class tomorrow, it'll be a dialing fest until I can reach him! ;D

16. brad

brad New Member

Ugh I should have checked this before I came home from work, I wasted half my lunch break driving home haha. I didnt want to phone from there in case someone overheard me having a job interview lol. Oh well, gives me one more day to get over my cold and not sound like a freak . Thanks for letting me know.

17. hockey_town_canada

well good luck tommorrow guys... hope you get through... i'll be hoping for you :)

18. brad

brad New Member

I got an email today telling me there are no interview spaces left. Not very happy. Third times a charm hopefully next year. I guess its another year with Crappy Tire. Good luck to all of you who got through to the face to face interviews.

19. Awww Brad that sucks :(
    I'm sure you'll get in next year!

20. musicman06

musicman06 New Member

GoodLuck to everyone going to the April Interviews....:)