Cdn Face 2 Face October 28th !

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by kate003, Sep 25, 2008.

1. mpark90

mpark90 Member

Wooo
    Hope all your interview went and go well!

Let us knoww! =]] x

2. kate003

kate003 New Member

It's over! wow, we waited so long for that, and mine was over by 1130! i was one of the first people interviewed. They were done two people at a time and it kind of threw me off. Also I didn't get asked a lot of the questions i thought we would. I was interviewed by Jennifer, the attractions manager in Canada. She was really friendly but i don't really feel like i nailed it. Will have to just wait and see i guess. It was also really short! I always think of better answers after the interviews over. How did everyone else feel about it?
    It was really fun going for dinner too and was nice knowing some people the day of the interview:)

3. Timitu

Timitu New Member

(Just wanted to quickly say good luck to everyone. And dont worry I thought I was horrible in mine. I had such a headache and felt horrible the whole way home even. But now I am going down. So you never know. This is the worst wait. Wish you all luck.)

4. Cicada

Cicada New Member

Thanks! I can't believe that it's over and it feels kind of weird that it is now out of our control. Agree with you Kate, I thought we would have been asked more but I think I got asked the important questions. I also think of better answers after it is over, or I went home and told my family what they asked and they came up with a ton of things to say. It's just hard to come up with things in the moment. oh well I think it went well all we can do now is wait. good luck!

5. Allison

Allison New Member

I just don't want anyone to get cut! I want everyone to go, because it is so sad meeting everyone at the interview and then secretly in the back of your head you know that everyone can't possible be accepted! Awh! Well I wish everyone the best of luck and I hope that we are all working together! :)

6. dyingtogetout

dyingtogetout New Member

does anybody have any idea what criteria they would use to pick whose good to go???
    they asked the same questions they asked on the phone interview
    just
    why do u want to work for disney?
    what do u hope to get out of it?(which is basically the same thing when u think about it)
    would u have a problem rooming with difffereint cultures
    and something about growing up in canada.........

and that was it
    i got the lassssssst interview slot........at 4:20 and im sure jennifer was just dying to leave so prob a disadvantage
    and after waiting all day, my stomach was cramping, and my eyes were burning for some reason i felt so uncomfortable during the whole thing.....and my hair was messed too from the wind outside.....hahah

anyway.......just wondering what ppl think as to how they would pick, because im sure everybody gave the same answers, like want to meet diff. cultures, etc etc..........it's hard to figure

7. dyingtogetout

dyingtogetout New Member

oh and did they say they were calling us with the results.............or just strictly emailing

8. Timitu

Timitu New Member

In Canada it is not too often that your flat our rejected. Many go on the waiting list. Everyone I met at our dinner before the interview (and of course then hung out at the interview with) all got in and all happen to be working in Disney World right now. It does not take a lot. I know my one friend was sick at the interviews, but they understand so if it was windy out and such they would understand if your hair was a little messy.

I think what they are looking for is some more unique answers. Some of them they would get the same. My favorite was when I said I was "enthusiastic" cause I was told to say that (well I am too, but maybe never would have thought of that word). And they asked "How?" and so on the spot I had to figure it out. So they were probably looking for those kinds of things. Did you get asked stuff about your current resume. I was, they look to find out what you say about your past jobs I think. They also pick up on how much you smile and just if your a joy to talk to and have a lot to say and a lot of love for Canada. Also how organized you were, did you have questions to ask them? I remember she was very happy I wrote a question down to ask her. (Who cares if the Question was the dumbest one I came up with. LOL.)

I don't know for sure but those are just a few of my guesses and what I picked up on. Again it is not too often they will just say "Too bad you did not get in." Some might end up on the waiting list which is horrible but all my friends who ended up on that went very early. So normally in that case you find out the month before that your going to be leaving. We just got an e-mail but that could be different for you guys so don't take my word on it. We were part of the "Cast-A-Way" group when they still did our interviews. I hear Yummy likes to call so I cant fully answer that one.

Hope it all works out for you guys. And in the next week or two this place is booming with bunch of excited new Canadian Cast Members. :)

9. dyingtogetout

dyingtogetout New Member

Every day that goes by in my boring life makes me more and more desperate to get this
    it did SEEM like they are going to hire just about anyone........

i sent in my resume and i got my phone interview the next day
    i told my friend to send in her resume..........and boom she gets a phone interview but she just never called back

and they asked the same questions

yah i agree with the other girl, i had way better answers then the ones i gave.......haha..........they never asked about work history at all..........just why do u want to work for disney......that's it......bad omen??

if i felt better physically i would've nailed it, but then again, i've had interviews where i nailed it and they still didnt hire me and vice versa................i think a lot of it has to do with how convenient it is for them.......spots/reprresentation/time etc etc but i should find out soon

it's been a week and a half......need to know soon........i don't want to pay my tuition for second semester yet......im waiting to know.............if i'll go off for an experience of a lifetime or just go back to school and continue with my boring life

10. Timitu

Timitu New Member

This is such a killer wait. I know the feeling. It could be anything. You mentioned you had Jennifer. I never had her so she would ask different questions. One thing that will help is see if anyone else had her. Looks like your not the only one who felt like you did not do as well. It depends a lot on them. Mine was Sue. She was the same. Super friendly but you just could not read her. My friend (who ended up on the waiting list for 2 months) had Roger and she was CERTAIN she did well. In the end I found out only two weeks after the interview that I made it, and she found out two months. So don't lose hope yet. I can guarantee everyone on here it wont be earlier then 2 weeks. As crazy as that sounds. I don't know of many people, if anyone even, who got told earlier then that. :( You will probably see those from the UK finding out this week and you guys will probably find out next week. Just by the looks of things. Which will be tough on you guys cause it builds that excitement back up.

Hope it all goes well. Hopefully you don't have to pay that tuition and then find out you got in. Though sometimes they can be fixable. So if you did get in and they tell you your date you can ask and see if it can be after school is out so you don't waste the money. I probably has a chance to change mine cause he asked if I was ok with it. But I had to say yes.

11. Cicada

Cicada New Member

Thanks a lot Nykki. I'm trying not to think about it too much, but it is hard to focus on school right now. I get some time off next week and I really hope I find out then so that I can fully enjoy it, or not come out of bed. (hopefully the first)

dyingtogetout: I had Jennifer too and she was really hard to read. She was really nice but I don't think she would have let it show if she thought something negative (which I doubt any of us did) I have also had those interviews where I thought I nailed it then didn't get the job so maybe a little doubt is good.

12. dyingtogetout

dyingtogetout New Member

i guess
    it's funny cuz i would never have thought to apply to this but this friend of mine who i dont even really talk to that much calls me out of the blue one day and starts telling me about this go abroad fair that was happening in toronto......i went and i talked to roger but he was all busy and he didnt give me much information

but my other friend wanted to go check it out the next day so i went back with him and met kristen and she told me to apply and gave me her email............thats how i got started

then later i was kinda apprehensive about the whole thing cuz ppl were telling me negative things and i was actually going to skip the interview cuz i had a big test that day anyway.........but then they pushed the test back and cancelled school so i ended up going...........ummmmm i dunno destiny maybe...hahha

i just hope that it's not all just a setup for disappointment

alright im not going to post anymore because all this overaanalysis is just makign it more torturous...hahha......i wish everybody luck........especially those that flew in from across the country just for the interview........i dont think i would have done that in their position........we shall all find out soon

ps......there's no way ill wait 2 months haha........i gotta know now.....in my situation....i gotta do it early next year or its never........im not old but im getting there.........this is prob the last chance i'll have to do this kinda thing before i have to setttle down get a career and the status quo ish....hahah

but again good luck to everyone

13. Timitu

Timitu New Member

Ya, I was SO glad I was not working or in school at that time. I had a perfect break. The house I was painting was someone I knew well and had no big time limit so I asked if I could wait till after I found out. I have done a big wait all around. Almost a year for my interview, almost a year after my interview... but those two weeks between the interview and the answer were the WORST two weeks ever.

Oh, that might be tougher. If you have a very narrow window to get in that can be tough. I have heard of people making it. But you still have a chance. If they are hiring for January which I am sure they are cause I am part of the last group of our interview group back in February. So hopefully they can fit you into one of those ones. I don't even see anyone from January arriving. But I could have sworn there was a group arriving the 6th or the 13th. But Cant find it. One of those Tuesday's anyway. :)

Thats a new way to find out. I never heard of that in Toronto before. That would be neat. I will let my friend know who is down there now. She is from Milton and is interested in working aboard when she gets back. So she should check out this job fair thing. :)

My guess will be it wont be till next Friday that everyone will be finding out. Hopefully they do it in groups like they do the UK ones. That way if everyone is getting an e-mail saying they did not get in and you don't have an e-mail take that as a good thing. :) Hope everyone finds out soon. I cant wait to hear who will be my new co-workers while I am there. :)

14. kate003

kate003 New Member

the longer the wait the more i feel like it didn't go well. I have a strong wait-listed feeling. though that would be better than straight out denial. If you get shot down can you apply again for the spring interviews or do you have to wait until next fall?

15. Timitu

Timitu New Member

Wait listing is pretty good. Most people on wait list get in. Half the Canadians that were in our interview group that I know personally, and all the ones that were wait listed got in and are down there now working. It just means longer waiting.

I think you have to wait 6 months. :( I read that somewhere. Check the Yummy website just encase. There is a FAQ area, I believe it is in there. Would be nice if you could just go to the next ones. Hopefully you got in. Never know, what might be on their minds. :) I all know you guys were super nervous. So they will take that into account. And they hire quite a few cast members too.

16. kate003

kate003 New Member

i love how you surf the threads making everyone feel better about their waits Nykki. you're great haha. i've actually been reading your blog and i'm pumped that your own wait is nearly over!

17. amnahp12

amnahp12 New Member

Nykki! I LOVE how you're making everyone feel better about their wait, lol. You're from Fanshawe?! [Yes, I clicked on the facebook link and creeped you ...] I go to Western lol. Random :) And oh yes, I was creeping you to try and stalk down your blog, I'd love to read it lol! No luck so far though :(

18. dyingtogetout

dyingtogetout New Member

i dont know
    when i went to the go abroad job fair
    and she said this in one of our emails too

she said they were hiring for positions starting in feb or sept 09
    im hoping to get the feb one........

yo everyone, be sure to tell us on this board when u hear anything from them!!

19. Timitu

Timitu New Member

LOL. Well we had a really encouraging group. Which I found helped. Like I said before. I waited almost a year for the interview, almost a year after the interview... but the worst wait was the 2 weeks in between.

LOL. Your more then welcome to stalk me on facebook or my blogs. LOL. :) All of you are. Thought most of you will know before I get down I can keep you entertained with lots of Disney Cast like pictures. LOL. My Live Journal has been around the longest. Started Dec. 2007 with my phone interview. My Blog spot I mainly got cause a few other current cast member friends of mine have them. They are at:

Livejournal: http://disneytimitu.livejournal.com/
    BlogSpot: http://disneytimitu.blogspot.com/

Any yep. I was in Fanshaw gee about two years ago I guess now. Well I am on my second full year of no school. Really neat your going to Western someone else around in the London area. :) Or at least going to school in this area. Small world.

The dates I am guessing they might have said it wrong. Cause they need them for more then just those two months. Maybe from Feb. till Sept. cause at least one group goes a month. And that would mean we would be super short staffed. Cause there will be groups going home each month. I know a few in between those times who will be going home. So you will have a wide range of days to be picked for I am sure. Always arrivals come on Tuesdays. You can see many of the arrival dates in the accepted applicants area of this message board. February has two though which is good. Feb. 3rd and Feb. 17th. The rest right now have one I think. Have to double check again. So you guys can guarantee there will be more then just three dates open to get in. Cause that would not get many in if that is the case.

Also before I end this. To go along with my blog idea. If people are interested in looking at Disney stuff right now or have questions that only a Canadian Disney Cast Member could answer... My friend Krystal is working there now and making a Vlog of her adventure. She as been doing so since her arrival. (She had never been to Disney World or Florida before she got this job.) And she keeps it fairly updated. Her most recent one is a walk to work. A walk many of you will be taking in the next year or so. LOL. She has her own video tour of the Commons and one of Chattham. (Yes her and her one flatmate don't get along. It happens I guess. At least her roommate and her get along great.) But anyway if anyone wants to check out her videos feel free to at the link. And ask her any question you want about working there. She will be happy to answer them. And maybe even show you an answer. Just something fun for those who don't want to read. She is there till March, unless she can get an extension till May.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyLatsyrk

Anyway I will stop bugging you guys for now. LOL. Just thought I would post those things encase anyone wanted to see them at all. Keep your hopes alive everyone. Most of you next year will be working in Disney World I am sure. :) Helping out the new nervous bunch of Canadians who just had their interview... and eagerly awaiting the group that will be replacing me there.

20. amnahp12

amnahp12 New Member

Thanks! I shall go stalk away ^^
    and yeah, small world sometimes! People here generally haven't heard of it...I'm always surprised at all to find Canadians that know what I'm talking about!