Cdn Face 2 Face October 28th !

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by kate003, Sep 25, 2008.

1. dyingtogetout

dyingtogetout New Member

hey nykki
    i was just wondering.........since u've had so much experience with this whole process

like what answers did you give at the interview

and to ppl that got rejected, what did they say was the reason they got rejected and what answers did they give?

2. Cicada

Cicada New Member

Hopefully we will find out tomorrow or tuesday. Of course when I will be in class all day monday and then driving 8 hours out of cell phone range on tuesday. I'm hoping for some good news at the end of a long day.

3. craiggers90

craiggers90 New Member

yeah i am hoping to hear back tomorrow on tuesday as well!! waiting is killing me. even if i dont get in i just want to know so i can plan my next year

4. amnahp12

amnahp12 New Member

Yeah, I find that the hard part - waiting to find out so you can get started on planning things! [That's why I took the earliest possible interviews, lol]
    Good luck! Let us know how it goes :D

5. Timitu

Timitu New Member

LOL. I did fairly well looking back on it. I guess the best way is to copy and paste from my journal at the time before I knew I got the job. When I was waiting like you guys are now.

~~~~~~~~~~

Soon it was my turn. Man I was about to have a heart attack every time the wrong door opened. LOL. I had Sue. Which before I went in I had gotten the impression she was hard or mean. And that is not what the others were saying at all either. Just that she did not give out hints as easy. Which was true. I was so happy she was nice. I really had a good time talking to her too. But I felt then, and feel now that I talked way too much. But then again she did more listening then talking, and maybe that is a good thing too cause I could say more about my stuff. She loved my picture I did. And that made me so happy I could have hugged her cause it took about 6 hours in full to make (taking the picture and adding the character, inking and colouring then shading to look right.) It was the most fun interview that I ever had. Hope I made eye contact. I have slight issues with hearing the human voice I think so I tend to watch peoples mouths so I can pick up on what they are saying. But I never looked down really or seemed shy or quite at all. And I did my best to cut myself off before repeating too much. I am so glad people gave tips, and that I could share some with the other people. Cause man I cant remember the interview questions that well now besides the obvious, why do you want to work at Disney and such. My question to her sucked. I felt so bad. I had so many good ones but forgot to write them down as they came to me before going in and I had had everything put away. So my question was "How do you guys get ahold of us?" Stupid question when I remembered some good ones only moments before like "What would you suggest I do to get the most out of the program?" And "How are supervisors there about giving references after work with Disney?" Man, I feel bad about that. Truth is I was expecting to look at my note pad and find them there but when I looked she said she was happy I come prepared, and when I saw only the one there I was like Opps. Then I felt like I had screwed up and wanted out but she stayed and talked a bit, that was really nice and helped a lot. :)

(If anyone really wants to read the whole interview day, you can read it at the link. Everyone I met is either working in Disney now, or finished their contract on the College program. Here is the link: http://disneytimitu.livejournal.com/1437.html )
    ~~~~~~~~~~

So that was my interview moment back in February. Looking back on it now it still makes me nervous. I am happy I did start my online journal before and wrote as much as I did about the interview and about waiting as I could. I kept it all privet for me only till I got the job cause I did not want to jinx it. But I am glad I kept it from as far back as Dec. 2007 when I had my phone interview.

PS: If anyone wanted to see the picture I handed in with my pass port (as that was big advice I was told... any of you who don't get in and try again, give it a try. Bring in a picture of you smiling, look professional too no crazy clothes or hair, and hand it in with your pass port stuff. I found it helped to break the ice a bit. Plus I was able to show my creativity too.) Below is a link to my larger version of the picture.

http://timitu.deviantart.com/art/My-Professonal-Picture-75957804

6. kate003

kate003 New Member

I got in :D has anyone else got the call yet?
    march 24th 2009.

7. Subtiger

Subtiger New Member

I just got mine, but i was so exited i cant remember the date, in march 09 tho f&b!!!

8. entcal

entcal New Member

March 24 for me too! Cannot wait!

9. forloveofmusic

forloveofmusic New Member

Hei guys, I've been lurking here a few weeks but this is my first post... because Kristen called me today :)

I start June 9th, in merchandise.

Kate - I was the one sitting next to you at like 11, lucky us, we were among the first! My brother got in too, he starts with you March 24th in attractions... sooo excited!

10. craiggers90

craiggers90 New Member

I also found out today!! looks like I will be there before you guys...leaving Feb 17th!!!

11. kate003

kate003 New Member

I'm so glad you both got in! and your bothers in my arrival group..sweeet! that makes three that i know of so far..you guys were from somewhere in ontario right? congrats!!!

12. amnahp12

amnahp12 New Member

That's awesome! I'm glad you guys got in; man, it'll be so awesome working with a sibling, I'm envious! I'll be coming in May, so not with either of you *big sniff* but I've been trying to get to know some of the people coming in too! Whoohoo! We shall definitely hang out. Wow, a March arrival...how I'd love that - curse you, exams!

And yeah, I'm from Ontario - from Toronto, live in London, etc etc. lol. What about you?

13. forloveofmusic

forloveofmusic New Member

Yup we live in Sarnia... and I am happy that he'll be there too for sure... I was hoping on arriving first though haha I asked him tonight, what he's going to do about supper for the 2 and a half months without me lol He's got 4 months to learn how to cook.

14. amnahp12

amnahp12 New Member

Hahah! I'm sure he'll spend that time going broke eating out! And Sarnia, hey, that's awesome, that's not too far from me at all!

15. Timitu

Timitu New Member

OMG Yay. People started fining out. I am so happy now, finally get to see the new people from Canada who will be arriving while I am there. It has been atleast a 9 month wait till I could see who will be coming down while I am there. Till now I have known no one who would be in the throw ins after me, or who would be coming to learn at work after me. I feel complete finally I guess. LOL.

If any of you have facebook and want to befriend a future co-worker who is going to be leaving for Disney soon feel free. Just click on the little world under my profile picture to find me on facebook.

Subtiger: I would check that date. It must be a Tuesday. All CRP people arrive on Tuesdays for at least the last two years. So your probably either going June 9th or March 24th. Your not the only one though. It is understandable to get the date mixed up when your so excited that you even got the phone call. Congrats to you and be seeing you soon I am sure.

Anyway big congrats to everyone getting in. Cant wait to meet many of you. And now that you finally know you can go celebrate and finally relax with an actual date. See you all soon. :)

16. amnahp12

amnahp12 New Member

Yay! *facebook creeps you* and I know what you mean - I didn't have as long a wait as you, but I'd been waiting quite a while too, so it's really nice to finally know what's going on and see who is actually going to be there that you've spoken to!

17. Cicada

Cicada New Member

So Kristen called me this afternoon and I start July 28th in Merch!!!!! I cried in the grocery store! So happy!

18. kate003

kate003 New Member

that's so exciting! i'm glad im not the only one who got a little choked up haha congrats!!!

19. Ducannon

Ducannon New Member

Congrats to all of you that got in so far, I only hope us west coasters have the same luck in the spring interviews.

20. AshleyDawn

AshleyDawn New Member

Attractions is the place to be ;) I did my year in Attractions and I obvie think it is the coolest role to have in the pavillion. I'm such the ham and love to spiel lame Toronto Maple Leafs-bashin' jokes on the microphone, and to schmooze with old people and tourists, and to COLOUR at kidcot... oh yes, greatest position ever.

On don't get me wrong though, it's not total sunshine and rainbows. If I had a nickel for every insulting and/or absolutely stereotypical comment I got from a guest based on my Canadianity ooooh man... I'd be pretty durn rich :)

Have good times, guys and gals!