Cdn Face 2 Face October 28th !

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by kate003, Sep 25, 2008.

1. AshleyDawn

AshleyDawn New Member

I also have a link that probable Canadian cast members may find of interest ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjSFx37-EF4

This was made, ooooh, a few months into my program, for a friend of our pavillion that had to leave the program early to go home and have surgery (she came back months later and was much better, yaaay!).

Let it be known that collectively, our pavillion had an obsession with the Lion King show at the Animal Kingdom and that we still dance like this.

And yes I am in it and it is embarassing but in any case just appreciate that you get to see everyone in their work locations, some managers, some Commons apartment stuff, and also, the soundtrack to a GREAT show!

2. amnahp12

amnahp12 New Member

Wow. wow, wow, wow, wow. Okay, can I just say, before anything else, that that video MADE my day? And now not only am I going to have Lion King songs stuck in my head all day, but I'll probably also be on a sugarless sugar-high. That was AMAZING!!! EPIC, even! Thank you, lol!

and Koda, congrats!! Can't wait to see you down there! ...I was actually woken up by Kristen, so I didn't really have time to be excited. LOL. But grocery store? Honestly, what could be better than Disney calls and food?! You lucky gal, you :D

ps...coloring at Kidcot sounds amazing :eek:

3. forloveofmusic

forloveofmusic New Member

HAHA yes!

Thanks for that vid, the Lion King show IS awesome! That's so great you guys did that for her, it shows how close you get to your castmates :)

4. kate003

kate003 New Member

i also appreciate the leaf bashing jokes.. :)

That video was UNREAL! wow. sooo cool. It just makes me even more excited, which, i didnt think was even possible.

5. AshleyDawn

AshleyDawn New Member

Haha, it was a pretty ghetto set-up. I encourage you guys to keep up the spirit when you get down!

Zach spearheaded it, and he's a past Captain Canada (you'll learn what that is soon enough!). He just walked around the pavillion on his day off with a portable cd player and caught us all in the bathrooms, onstage, working, not working, waiting for the bus, at the AMC movie theatres in Downtown Diz, the commons apartments, just everywhere, and got us to improv on the spot. But the dances (most of them... there are some sweet original moves, can't lie) are all pretty much taken from the Festival of the Lion King.

And if any of you are in Food and Bev, some of your managers are in the vid ;) Actually, I think most of them have transferred by now... gosh I miss Reggie (the big bad black dude). And he wasn't even my manager (each role has a different set of managers... Attractions had like a million, NO LIE, but really we had around 8ish).

I got boo'd 80% of the time for my sly little slams against the leafs, but I delightfully reminded them that I had the microphone, and thusly I had the power. It was the most fun too after I was really comfortable in my spieling role, because you got to read audiences really well and it could be made REALLY fun if you knew how to play to them. Plus Canadians are total showoffs in Disney - they'll walk around with Canadian clothing, Roots backpacks, Hockey team caps, and just judging by that you can make the spiels really fun.

If I got a crowd with no Canadians (and you can usually tell) I made the audience try to sing "o Canada". I would lead them on with "Oooooh Caaaaanadaaaa" which they usually all know, and then it would collapse into total mumbling and blank stares. Hilarious. Ahhh hahaha.

"You get an A for effort folks, but we're going to have to work on that."

6. amnahp12

amnahp12 New Member

lolololol @ making them try to sing O Canada = blank stares and mumbling. PRICELESS. I love your sense of cruelty! I wish I could hear your spiel, lol.

I feel like I'm going to have to wander around and record people being absolutely ridiculous for me one day too ;) We should make a group effort out of it, maybe, ahahah.

7. AshleyDawn

AshleyDawn New Member

MATTY is that YOU? You're icon is so tiny but if it really is you then I cannot believe you're going back! AHH! That is so nuts.

If not, neeeevermind *looks innocent*

8. forloveofmusic

My brother and I got our packages with all the info in the mail today... so getting the gig wasn't just something I dreamt, lol this is real, people!

9. kate003

kate003 New Member

thats so exciting! I hope it means mine is coming soon too..

10. ~Disney_Princess~

~Disney_Princess~ New Member

what's in the packages?

11. forloveofmusic

A couple of sheets with the general info, like living arrangements, the Disney Look guidelines, etc...
    The most important thing right away is to sign and date the acknowledgement form and send it back to Disney.

12. entcal

entcal New Member

I know what you mean! I got my package yesterday too, and I thought that between the inital phonecall, emails from Kristen, other people seeming to be also going on my start date, that I didn't dream it. It is ACTUALLY HAPPENING! There is too much now to have just imagined it!

13. amnahp12

amnahp12 New Member

Ahahah you got your packages, awesome! *apparently* I got mine at home, but since I don't live at home, I haven't gotten to tear it open - my family had the lovely pleasure of disassembling it though, and THEN called me..days later...to tell me that I had, and had something to sign and send back. LOLOL.

Get excited! [well, even more so]

14. kate003

kate003 New Member

are we suppose to send the housing sheet and other papers anywhere or just the acknowledge paper one with all the initials?

15. amnahp12

amnahp12 New Member

I would answer, except I don't know, since I haven't seen mine. Check out the step-by-step list posted on yummyjobs; I think they might have mentioned that you only need to send the acknowledgement paper. Don't take my word for law though!

16. Cicada

Cicada New Member

I'm pretty sure that's the only thing we need to send.... or at least I hope so!

17. forloveofmusic

Just the acknowledgement one - sign, date and fax. I think you're supposed to bring the housing one with you, not 100% sure, it's not within reach atm.

18. deneau18

deneau18 New Member

Hey guys, I have my interview coming up sometime soon. Not to sure where or when yet but I am very excited. How many people went to the final interview and got the job? A good amount?