Cell Phone Carriers

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by Snowheyoh, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Snowheyoh

Snowheyoh New Member

Hi there!

Does anyone know what cellphone carriers offer discounts to Disney employees? I've heard that some do that but not sure which ones.

Thanks guys :)
    See you all in April!

2. Kimthecoolone

Kimthecoolone New Member

The best phone company that I found was Metro PCS. It's a pay per month contract, where you choose and buy a phone from them and then decide what tariff you'll need. They range from like $25 - $70 a month. I paid on average $60 - $70 a month but that was for unlimited everything!! US Calls, texts, internet and I also got unlimited international landline calls as well, which was awesome!! You can pay every month online or ring up but if you don't pay then they just cut you off until you pay...handy if you need to wait a few days to get some $$$!!

The nearest Metro PCS store is near the local Walmart, just down the road from Vista Way. You'll need a taxi to get there as it's not a walkable distance from Walmart, it's about 10mins away. When you get into your pavilion you'll soon hear of good local taxi drivers such as Kel or Kojak who will take you there for about $20 return ish. Here is the website www.metropcs.com so have a butchers!!

Hope this helps! Kim ;D

3. win101

win101 New Member

4. Becky_J

Becky_J New Member

I didn't go with a specific cell phone carrier, some people do because they want to be able to talk to family and friends back home but don't forget there is e-mail and skype and a phone in each apartment.

I went to walmart and asked them for the Straight Talk cell phone, it is not in the regular asile with all the cell phone stuff. My cell was $30.00 and then I bought a straight talk card for $45. This allows me unlimited texting, calling and internet usage in the united states. It costs 45 each month and it tells you on your phone how many days is left and it is really simple to get another card. Take a look at their site, I really like this way of doing it and the best part is, I AM NOT ON A PLAN.... Once my card is done I can technically sell my phone or even if it still has days left, I can sell it to someone else when I leave..

There are several different cards you can choose from and you can buy them at walmart. There are phones at publix but they have plans that charge everytime you text.

http://www.straighttalk.com/