Change in initial meeting at MCO to Vista Way

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by aj2721, Apr 14, 2008.

1. aj2721

aj2721 New Member

Just thought I'd let you all know I've recieved an email saying that as part of their "strives to make improvements in the processes to create a more seamless and welcoming arrival" they're cutting intial meet at MCO and the free transport to the housing complex from May. Instead wee meet at Vista Way so they can create a "warm and inviting environment for your arrival" at Vista Way where you can call or email home. So now they offer advice on the cost of a taxi or $5 off a $19 Mears Shuttle to the complex. Personally I don't see how this is a benefit, but at least with many arriving on the same flights on the key dates, people will be able to share taxis.

2. TinkTingeling

TinkTingeling New Member

Seriously? I mean it's not april fools today...

In that case it's cheaper to get Kojak, he take's $35 from the airport no matter how many go with him...

3. aj2721

aj2721 New Member

Will do, though could you give the details to me for when I (and all the others on the 11:05 Gatwick BA flight on 22nd June) arrive + those on all the other flights that will be affected from May onwards.

4. BriarRose

BriarRose New Member

I just got this email too but I'm doing the cultural rep programme, not the ICP... I'm confused! I don't know if I'm meant to go to Vista Way now to check in instead of the Commons??

5. TinkTingeling

TinkTingeling New Member

You don't necessarily live at the Commons anymore when you're a CRP... You could be living anywhere...

What details? You mean his number?

6. Yeh I just received that e-mail as well. It is a rather strange idea. So we now go to Vista Way even if that isn't where we will be living? You would think they would make it the Commons that you have to go to since that is the closest to the airport. Either way it means that we have to fork out to get there.

7. TinkTingeling

TinkTingeling New Member

But do they ship us from Vista to the complex we're living in? Because to me it seems like a bigger hassle to check in at vista and then have to take a new taxi to where we live!

By the way, Kojak has a facebookgroup http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2262660713

8. Mauro

Mauro New Member

Is commons now available for college or icp students??? Thats not fail ....Commons should be only for people on the crp program

9. TinkTingeling

TinkTingeling New Member

Yeah, all the complexes is open for people on all the programs now... I wish they didn't change it too though...

10. BriarRose

BriarRose New Member

I wonder if anyone else on the CRP got this email? They had me down for the ICP by accident but changed it to CRP, I wonder if that's why I got the email too??

Do we all just turn up at Vista now and then get taken to our complex?

11. Mauro

Mauro New Member

Thats stupid .... cuase now there is not going to be any difference between the crp and the icp/cp programs .....on the crp you only get to work on your pavillion so you should at least be able to live with people on the same situation¡¡¡ ICP/CP can work anywhere they want and have a more role options and can do extra hours wherever they want....¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

12. Mauro

Mauro New Member

Thats stupid .... cuase now there is not going to be any difference between the crp and the icp/cp programs .....on the crp you only get to work on your pavillion so you should at least be able to live with people on the same situation¡¡¡ ICP/CP can work anywhere they want and have a more role options and can do extra hours wherever they want....¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡ Living at the commons is an essential part of the crp program cause you get to meet people from all over the world¡¡¡

13. aj2721

aj2721 New Member

It was his number I wanted, though from the facebook group there are two numbers on there, 407-76-kojak and 4077656585 where the A (2) of Kojak becomes and 8, which is correct? I'll probably contact him on facebook. Personally I liked the tone of the email, how they could describe this as a "new exciting change!" when its really a cut in their costs. In response to others it describes how transportation is availiable for your settlement into your accomodation from Vista Way, which I would presume is free - it would really be cutting costs to make us pay for this final bit!

14. BriarRose

BriarRose New Member

Yeah it is weird because at our interviews in March they told us all about the Commons and nothing about the other complexes. They also said that there was a very slight chance we may be put in another complex if the Commons got full but that would be very unlikely. They also said we have a huge advantage because everyone in the Commons was on the CRP and would all be travelling to Epcot, so there are plenty of buses to Epcot in the morning. Its strange because you think they would've told us if this was going to change within the next month.

15. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

dont worry if you are not in the commons, because the bus stops off at vista way anyway.

its really easy to get to the airport to vista. And they will provide transport from vista to the other 3 complexes where ever you will be living.

16. Kevus

Kevus New Member

well thats annoying... so we have to pay to make our own way there and back...and snacks... how does this make up for a ride on mears?? we got snacks last year when we arrived... I mean it will be scary for the nebiew who arrive at mco with no idea which way to go...

17. Yes Kevin you will be directing almost all of the peeps on our flight as from what I know only you and Sammi-Jo have any idea of where you are going. I have know clue :-\

18. beck-y

beck-y New Member

That is ridiculous! You should all email and complain.

19. Kevus

Kevus New Member

and what about all those people who are arriving on their own... at least a taxi can be split between people... what about those lone travellers? they will have to pay more

20. Yup, I'm just glad I won't be travelling alone.