Change in initial meeting at MCO to Vista Way

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by aj2721, Apr 14, 2008.

1. Elle

Elle New Member

I'm CRP and got it too. I was kind of looking forward to being herded together with the other arrivals and met by a Disney representative!
    Even with groups of friends it gets a bit daunting having to leave the airport in a strange country!
    There's 5 of us so I guess the cost of a taxi won't be too bad split between 5.

2. TinkTingeling

TinkTingeling New Member

The first one is right, it's 2 not an 8 ;)

3. SteffieDavis

SteffieDavis New Member

hey I didn't get this email-- I'm arriving the end of may. I assume that means it doesn't affect me?

4. TinkTingeling

TinkTingeling New Member

Has only ICP's got this email, or CRP's too?

5. gingerbeacon

gingerbeacon New Member

Its both ICP and CRP.

6. aj2721

aj2721 New Member

Thanks for that.

7. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

if affects anyone flying into MCO from 1st may onwards.

i dont really think its a big deal anyway, its really easly and only a couple of dollars.

8. TinkTingeling

TinkTingeling New Member

I know it's not much money, but you spend so much money before you go, so it's not fun to spend even more! It was so convenient to be picked up last time I was there...

9. Kevus

Kevus New Member

plus you havent worked a shift and your already paying disney for stuff, housing has gone up so why cant they provide a bus

10. TraceyBrown

TraceyBrown New Member

Le sigh.
    I'd like to at least plan with the people I am leaving with.
    I'd say for people arriving the same time they should all post when there rides get in.

11. beck-y

beck-y New Member

We had a big meeting with managers and housing people, basically so they could see what we thought of the new grad/ucf programme. One suggestion we made, was that instead of just leaving us at vista/chatham after being dropped off from the airport, it would be nice to have a few peoplearound, to help with any probs that may occur upon arrival. (When we arrived in was a sunday evening, which meant front desk was closed and if anything happened there was no one to talk to until the next day). I didnt realise they would scrap the buses from the airport and replace it with a stupid welcome thing!!! ???

12. liam0001

liam0001 New Member

In a nutshell its aload of rubbish
    They are effectively cost cutting and trying to sugar coat it
    I don't see why anyone would think otherwise
    And it's quite patronising to think that they would think anyone would think otherwise, I certiainly feel that way
    Even though in the grand scheme of things, its going to be irrelavant, the fact that it comes at a time when we first get there - its ever so stupid. If they wanted to cost cut why not subsidise the bus journeys from MCO to Disney some other way?
    Even add it onto the neverending add ons we automatically have to pay
    At least people have something to relate to when they get to another country and begin their Disney journey without worry
    Just a massive let down anyway..
    Think we will have to take it in our own hands and try to cost cut via MSN or email or something - share the costs between people. Its not really the money if it sounds that way too - its the fact that we will know someone at MCO and not worry on our own in a different country...
    liam041187@hotmail.co.uk
    Just incase ha!
    Take care everyone :)

13. SteffieDavis

SteffieDavis New Member

ahhh! I just got the email. This is a little scary, arriving by yourself in another country with no one picking you up...

14. TinkTingeling

TinkTingeling New Member

yeah... Luckily for me, I've been there before, so I'm pretty familiar there...

15. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

Guys it's really not that big of a deal. Like, what's another 14 dollars?
    Most internships aren't paid anyways. I actually like this better, since I was driving down anyways. It's easier for Disney this way, so they don't have to deal with extra information like flight times and stuff.
    Plus, they're not going to baby you through getting to work. You've gotta take a bus and then a shuttle in some places. If you can't handle a taxi to Vista, don't go.
    MCO is a very very very easy airport to deal with, it's not at all complicated like London and Montreal and stuff.
    Tiffany Town Car is 75$ for up to 7 people including luggage and a much nicer fit than a taxi. Plus, the Mears bus is not that expensive and just like the magical express bus for when you're on vacation.
    Like I said, most internships aren't paid. We're soooooo lucky to have this chance to go work at Disney World and get paid for it too! Up to 3500 dollars for a plane ticket and you're going to complain about a 14 dollar bus cost? Relaxxx!

16. george544

george544 New Member

Hey guys, it's not that bad, still they should have picked us up, and yeah I know we are lucky and all that and I'm a huge Disney Fan but it's been already quite expensive to go there, but anyways, if you are going there it's really easy to get to the complex. We should get together at the airport it's not that far like 40 minutes away tops. We are near the international drive and the I-4. Mears is probably one of the best options

17. SteffieDavis

SteffieDavis New Member

it isn't the cost that bothers me, and obvi we're all grown ups able to handle public transport, its arriving in a foreign country by myself. I don't know about anyone else, but this is my first time taking a plane by myself-- it's a little nerve wracking to begin with! Angelica, obviously you don't mind the switch, you're really lucky to have your family with you dropping you of on disneys doorstep. If my family was going down with me I wouldn't mind not having disney pick up other people either!I know it doesn't seem like that big of a deal, but it was a comfort thing for me, knowing I was expected. anyone arrivng between 5:30 and 6:00 on the 25th of may wanna bus it or cab it to vista with me?

18. liam0001

liam0001 New Member

Reckon a thread for when people arrive to try and sort somethin out could be better?

19. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

Sorry for my harshness guys, I get frustrated!
    I can understand the comfort, but Disney people will have much more time and be much more available to help you out once we're at Vista.

20. MegD

MegD New Member

Steffie, check with some of the people coming from the uk! I think their flights are getting in a little later, probably around that time! I think theres a flight getting in around 5:45. I'm sure you'll find people going at the same time! :) Maybe it will be nice...the americans got nice welcomes last year with banners out and such! I wish there was an easier way to find us once you get there, my cell won't work in the states or I'd get you to ring me once you got to vista at least!