Changes to eligibility for AU/NZ August 2015?

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by amanda92, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Jayze

Jayze Member

No harm in applying again anyway?? the worst they can say is no i guess..but in saying that you had so much trouble before it might be disheartening to hear it again. AND you'll have to go through the waiting process again..its only been over a week and I'm dying to know lol. If you do apply again maybe just put in your motivational letter what happened and you'd like a chance to prove yourself even more now blah blah lol what are you studying?

2. amanda92

amanda92 New Member

Haha the waiting process is so hard! Hopefully it'll be worth it because you'll end up with a good result :D
    Yeah thats true I might just try and see what happens :). And if I do continue my study, by transferring to a uni next year I could see if I'd be eligible for august, if I were to take the first semester and defer the second semester? I'm studying digital media :) What about you?

3. Jayze

Jayze Member

Go for it!! :) i was only asking about your study just if you happened to think about Waikato Uni as an option lol we have a few good courses or even Wintec does a lot of digital media studies too where you can transfer into them..i did a Bachelors of Communication Management in Marketing and PR, now I'm doing a Masters of Professional Management in PR. Really thought about not doing the masters and applying for the jan 2014 intake..my uni friend applied and got in and is doing the full year. I see her fb post about her time there and almost die of jealousy every time hahaha

4. amanda92

amanda92 New Member

Oh yeah I'm pretty interested in Wintec, AUT or even Massey here in Wellington. I'd always planned to continue my degree but kinda wanted to have a sort of gap year and do the program.
    I'm not sure if it would work but i wonder if I transferred into the third year in the first semester, and then deferred the second semester to do the program in august, would I be eligible? Or would I even be able to do that at uni? Haha so confusing. I don't want to bug disney again right yet I've been bugging them way too much recently.
    omg yes some people i'm friends with on fb did the program this year too it seems so amazing! I'm so jealous i really hope I get the chance!

5. Jayze

Jayze Member

Any luck yet Amellia??

6. Jayze

Jayze Member

Im sure you'll find something that suits..i really want to bug disney too lol but ill hold out for another week or two and then hassle them..i really hope we all get the chance to participate even though it'll only be 6 months now but either way i just want to be there hahaha

7. AmelliaNZ

AmelliaNZ New Member

Hey Sorry I forgot to reply! Yes they finally emailed me, but it was pretty useless! It just said something like 'we updated our eligibility, please review the requirements to see if you want to apply' Waaaaaaaaaaa I will apply anyway but highly doubt I'm eligible!

8. Jayze

Jayze Member

apply anyway! geez you'd think they'd give a little more info then that, at least they finally replied, yay!...fingers crossed for you now :)

9. AmelliaNZ

AmelliaNZ New Member

Applied today and just got a reply that I wasn't eligible which I kinda knew... Oh well :(

10. Jayze

Jayze Member

Really, that sucks! Was it like a generic email you get on your dashboard after applying? or from the email address you had been emailing too? i haven't heard a peep about my application apart from me asking them about my eligibility.

11. AmelliaNZ

AmelliaNZ New Member

After I applied they just emailed my saying I don't meet the requirements. From a donotreply@disney. one.

12. Jayze

Jayze Member

thats such a bummer! I'm going to annoy them sometime this week, because my dashboard hasn't moved at all..i have a feeling I'm not getting any further because i got this stupid DIC before my birthday a few years ago-misunderstanding but still under my name...and in the application it says we have to state if we have a "criminal record" including DUI's (which i guess is DIC in NZ).

AmelliaNZ likes this.
  13. amanda92

amanda92 New Member

Hey sorry I haven't checked this page in awhile! I'm so sorry to hear you aren't eligible Amelia. I know how you feel, so disspointing. hopefully you will be able to pursue further study and do the Disney program in the future, or participate in a similar program? :)
    I'm applying to uni's now because I do want to complete my degree so If I get accepted I will apply again for august, I just won't have my hopes up very high because I'm not really sure if I will be eligible! But fingers crossed next year works out well haha