Character on ICP?/ICP roles

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by dopeydons, Mar 13, 2007.

1. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Yeah, i did costuming..Loved every minute of it! ;D

2. Loz

Loz New Member

Hi
    I'm an Aussie doing the summer college program, and I've been accepted as a character performer. I was wondering what the auditions were like? Do you know of many people who failed them, and if so, what happened to them after that?
    Lauren

3. Jay1988

Jay1988 New Member

My flat mate was a character he said to me the auditions where easy, just had to do a little dance routine, i would guess that if you didn't pass, you would be a character attendant, which I don't think you would want to be after the many stories i heard.

4. disneydreamer

disneydreamer New Member

what would be bad about being a character attendant? and what do you do in costuming?

steph

5. Loz

Loz New Member

Thanks Jay. better brush up on my skills then!

6. Jay1988

Jay1988 New Member

The Character attendants have to deal with the guests who have been waiting in line for like an hour and see Mickey Mouse go on a break. So basicaly u have to deal with pissd of guests and get shouted at. But this most probably depends in what park your in and the time of year ect. I'm not saying that its bad 24/7 but some of the people I knew that were character attendants had really bad days working

7. Bryce

Bryce New Member

Serves them right for waiting an hour to see Mickey Mouse. ;D

8. disneydreamer

disneydreamer New Member

oh yeh why didnt i think of that?!

9. Tiddelypom

Tiddelypom New Member

Are ICPs ever face characters? I read somewhere that most face characters were originally in furry suits(!) - anyone been/know someone who has been a face character on ICP?

Also, character performer is listed as a role in itself (ie not in a section called entertainment). If there was an Entertainment option I would no question put that down! Does it appear on a new list they give us at interview? We have already been emailed a form with options on to order they are - merch, operations, qs f and b, fs f and b, lifeguard, vacation planner, character performer, character attendant, custodial and maybe a couple of other which escape me for now. But definately no Entertainment option. I hope it turns up at the interview!
    I would LOVE to be in one of the stage shows or something. Guessing I can't though as they do seprate auditions for freelancers right? Hmm I'm a bit confused!

Ok, finally, as a character performer (let's assume a furry suit), would you get the chance to be in parades, shows etc or just the meet and greets around the parks?

And,(ok I lied, sorry) might you, applying for character performer, have any chance of being one of the people with the crazy lot on sunset blvd in mgm? You know, with their funny little car and comedy?! Ahhhh that'd be suuu cool!

Thanks! :D

10. Kevus

Kevus New Member

from what i can remember icp can only be fur characters or thats what the recruiter said to me, nd i would assume you would be able to do the parades if you were trained in that area, but im not sure if role like thecrazy lot o the world showcase players are run differently

11. disneydreamer

disneydreamer New Member

i assumed it wold just be character greeting because anything else might require too much training?

12. Loz

Loz New Member

But if we have to dance in the audition, it seems we need some degree of coordination. A t the end of the day, I don't really care too much. It's going to be awesome no matter what!

13. Tiddelypom

Tiddelypom New Member

Ok, I grilled that charmingly camp Jeff guy today in my interview and he said that the dance audition is to see if we might be placed in parades woohoo!

So we can do parades if we can move it would seem...

I'm stll completely buzzing from today it was so fun in a twisted way! I hope everyone just really enjoys the day becasue it's just fantastic really!

14. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

out of all the people i knew on disney icps as characters, maybe one was in a parade. When you pass the audition you are colour coded depending on how well you dance. i knew a couple of people who got a really high colours (one does dance at uni and the other runs dance classes!) and neither of them ended up doing parades. I think its because it takes so long to train people for parades and shows (eg, i know a full timer who got a job in fantasmic in july and his rehursals dont even start until january!!).

The one who did get to be in a parade was Woody in the mgm parade. It is part of the woody rotation for mgm because all that character does is sit on the float and wave, no dancing. But this parade will retire in Marchish time!!

So if you do get the job as character dont get your hopes up :-[

15. disneydreamer

disneydreamer New Member

shame,parades would be awesome!