Characters

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by *PennyCrayon*, Sep 11, 2008.

1. anijac1412

anijac1412 New Member

If my sources are correct, if you get Character in ICP, you do your official Character Audition once you're down in Florida. If you don't pass it, you'll just be moved to a different role, which can be anything, although Character Attendents I think are easier to be moved to, since you would remain in Entertainment.

2. vik

vik New Member

i dont think we will this time cos it wasn't offered to us in the first place, and in the interview i asked if i failed it oculd i go into costuming cos thats entertainment too and he said it wasn't likely even though id done it before because so few cps go into costuming :(
    im sure i shouldnt be worried about the audition as so many people have said theres nothing to it, but i still am!

3. anijac1412

anijac1412 New Member

I'm sure you'll do great Vik! :) I have already heard that's not difficult, and more likely just fun than anything!

I've been beginning to really want entertainment costuming lately (for shows and parades), since I think it would be amazing to work backstage and see what goes on in the preperation for those! Did you learn new things when you did it? And do you get to meet/talk to the actors or the show producers if they're there?

4. vik

vik New Member

yeah costuming is an amazing role as you get to learn SO many backstage secrets (most of which, unfortunately i would get shot for posting on here) but it really is amazing. you build costumes, dress performers, and if you work parades you sometimes have to climb up the floats to ensure everyone is properly dressed! i also had to stand outside for the hottest part of the day (2-4pm) and make sure everything is ready for "step off" and then "step down" as the parade floats come backstage from mainstreet. but it truely was awesome!

the only downside of the whole thing is laundry (which is never more than a couple of hours of your day) and the occasional performer getting all diva-ish on you and telling on you if you do something wrong which is pretty unfair as sometimes they *forget* to bring their gloves to the float and realise at the last minute so that they can be pulled from the parade and go home instead of doing the second spectro, and putting the blame on costuming who are then punished for it. (this didnt happen to me though!)

5. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

Did you ever get to try on any of the costumes??? LOL.

6. vik

vik New Member

NO!!!! *nods*

7. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Wow, sounds like an amazing job!

8. anijac1412

anijac1412 New Member

That sounds so awesome! Thanks for the inside info!

Oh my I think i would go crazy if I could try on Cinderella/Belle's dresses :p hehe. I love learning about what goes on backstage though. It's so exciting!

By the way, Happy Holidays everyone! :)

9. vik

vik New Member

yeah it was pretty cool! hard work though, lots of heavy lifting and loading things onto trucks in the extreme heat/rain of summer, but kinda fun when you got to goof around with the performers!

10. AshleyDawn

AshleyDawn New Member

Well, I whipped out the ol' measuring tape and went the barefoot way to be measured! And it turns out I'm 64 inches on the nose, which ends up being 5 foot 3.3 ... haha, and all my life I was thinking I was on the high range of 5'4? But I guess I've just always measured with shoes! Never occurred to me to go barefoot! So I suppose that's good news?

But then a part of me wonders how strict they really are? Looking back through my pics of my year in Disney I see I've got some with Wendy, and she's the same height as me! But then I also have some of me and Jasmine where she's the same height? Crazy!

And then I have this one :
    [​IMG]

Where the snow beside me has a pair of cute black heels adding some height (lol I told her I liked her shoes very much!) and the girl to the other side of me was a friend who also worked in Diz, and occasionally 'hung out' with Snow. Mostly she played with King Louie and I can't imagine how warm that would be :/

11. Andy0228

Andy0228 New Member

Yes, yes I am. Hello! I just spent an awfully long time reading all 46 pages of this thread. My eyes hurt :-(

12. lucy_elizondo88

lucy_elizondo88 New Member

Hey guys! I'm thinking about putting down character performer as my first choice at my f2f interview 13 days from now! i'm 5'1... so thats a pretty good height range right? mouse height i hope, lol :D!

also.. i have a question for ya ex-costuming and ex-character performers... what happens to old costumes.. like from characters that are no longer very popular like, for example, Roger Rabbit?

xoxo

lucy

13. Tiddelypom

Tiddelypom New Member

It's a better height than most, try and be a little shorter at measuring if you can :) It's right at the top end of mouse.

They are kept! Costuming is amazing! And allegedly every character has a costume. Guests can request specific characters at events so if they wanted Roger Rabbit, Roger Rabbit they would get!

If there is pee or blood or some other reason that a costume cannot be used again, it is burnt.

Is it for ICP 2009? I didn't even realise they were still doing ints!

14. lucy_elizondo88

Wow! thanks for the info Tiddelypom!

My upcoming interview is for the summer program! i actually applied in november, sent my papers in and i got a rejection email later that same day.. then out of the blue on wednesday i get an email from the disney ppl telling me to call a certain number to have my phone interview! the next day i was invited to the f2f! pretty random, right? almost as if the email was sent by magic and pixie dust, lol!

i hope they do take summer icps as characters... they do right? :-[ its my ultimate dream to be a character ;D! i hope so, cause i'm not "qualified" for the longer icp because of visa crap... apparently they dont give those types of visas to design students :-\

OMG! why would there BE pee or blood? :-[

also, i hope u dont mind Tiddelypom, i have another Q ;D... do u know what other characters are within my height range?

15. Tiddelypom

Tiddelypom New Member

Yes, I'm a summer character performer. Last year and this year going out June 21st. There's already 5 or maybe even 6 of us on my date. The earlier you can go the more chance you have of getting it.

Lol. You sure you're ready for working in reeeally close quarters to small children? They sit on your lap and get nervous... I can pretty much guarantee you will have at least one pee incident. Blood isn't as likely but still quite common, I had a blood incident, I think it was a parent actually.

It's the top end of mouse/duck giving you Mickey, Minnie, Donald, (not Daisy she is 4'10"), Meeko, Piglet, Lilo, Marie, Pinocchio and some others.
    I think you could also squeeze into the low end of pooh/munk so you could probably do Mike, the Einsteins, JoJo, Goliath, maaaaybe Pooh... maybe a couple of others. A lot of of time in DHS likely!
    I'm too short to do pretty much anything in DHS! And all the shifts I could do were bid so never got put there boooo.
    If you like, give me a PM and I will get out the official list for you.

16. lucy_elizondo88

Hey Tiddelypom! Didnt u get my message? i sent like weeks ago.. but it isnt in my out box... maybe i didnt get sent... well w/e cause i had my f2f today! got measured and was told i was gonna be considered for Pooh!!! ;D ;D ;D do u know what other characters are in the Pooh height range?

17. Tiddelypom

Tiddelypom New Member

Oh noo I'm so sorry! I completely forgot! let me get it right now....

got it :)

Right

5' - 5 '2": Abby Mallard, Bashful, Chip, Dale, Darkwing Duck, Disney Bear, Fiddler Pig, Fifer Pig, Figment, Goliath, Grumpy, JoJo, June, Koda, Leo, Max, Mike, Perla, Pooh, Practical Pig, Quasimodo, Quincy, Robin Hood, Roll, Sleepy, Sneezy, Stanley, Suzy, Terk, Thumper, Timon, Tuck, White Rabbit, Yellow Rabbit, Zowie

5'2"-3" adds Bullseye, Gideon, Gus Gus, Happy, Jessie, King Louie*, Moliere, Olie, Mr.Penguin, Quincy, Rabbit, Sebastian, Suzy

*no half inch rule allowed
    Ones in bold are characters that are out fairly commonly for meets. The others are mostly only found only on parade or specials.

Would you all like me a lot if typed out the entire list? Only if it's helpful obviously

18. Tiddelypom

Tiddelypom New Member

(Pooh's vision is an pain in the derriere. Worse than Piglet's! The munks have good vision I think. Not tried them)

19. lucy_elizondo88

Thanks Tiddelypom!!! I just got my acceptance email!!! Thank u for the list ;)! I think many ppl would appreciate it if u posted the entire list! A friend of mine was really depressed cause she was taller than 5' and she wants to be a character performer

Oh no! I hope Pooh's vision is really not that bad! Its not really written in stone that I'll get to be friends with him, anyways right? At least not in this stage... I say I'll probably be Pooh cause they told me they had to have 2 Pooh positions filled and that I was one of them...

So how does it really work? once you get there do you get to try on the costumes and see which fit? so that maybe you're friends with many characters? ???

Sorry I'm just really excited! My arrival date is May 26th!

20. GOOFY_LULU

GOOFY_LULU Guest

hi!!!!!!!!!!

my name is LULU and im an applicant for UFC im a little bit worried because nobody writes of this programm somebody knows something about this program???

Also i want to know if it is a good expirence to be a character performance but im not to sure.... im so excited my program stars in july....... im so happy!!! i want to be there the sooner as posible!!

thanks!!!!