Characters

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by *PennyCrayon*, Sep 11, 2008.

1. I am applying for the UCF but wouldn't be going out until october.
    From what I have heard from those I know who have done character, it is an amazing role to have though I am sure there are more people on here who can give you more information about it.

2. Tiddelypom

Tiddelypom New Member

You will automatically be approved for most characters in your height range and get scheduled them. Some characters are not automatically approved like Buzz Lightyear for example. If Buzz is in your height range, you have to go to costuming and ask for a fitting. With Buzz it's because you need the right build to be able to hold up the costume.
    In your height range I think you would only need approval for Mike.

I think you need to ask for a fitting if it's using the half inch rule like, I had to ask for a Daisy fitting because she is 4'11" and I am 4'11.5" (disney height). If you look right, they'll let you do it, it's up to head of costuming.

Likewise, if you are scheduled a character, get to your shift and then don't fit the costume (like me and Jiminy lol - BOOBS!), you just go and show costuming and then you get disapproved.
    You will definitely not do only one or two characters.

Also, you get some Spare shifts where you just sit in character base and go out in place of anyone who doesn't turn up. If everyone turns up and there are no shifts about to come in where someone might not arrive, you can go out as a random character! You can go and ask base to go out or they might ask you and give you the choice. You get paid either way - sit in base and read or go out and play!

Hi Lulu, sorry I don't know anything much about the UCF program but I *can* tell you that being a character is the best hign in the world! See you in July!

3. lucy_elizondo88

lucy_elizondo88 New Member

LOL :D!!! i think i might have a problem in that department! i'll just have to wear a very flattening sports bra or something! i don think kids will appreciate it when they feel Pooh's boobs!

btw... :-\sorry if i'm being annoying with all the Q's, but i'm just really very excited! What do you wear underneath the costume? I mean, I HOPE ppl aren't naked or in their undies underneath them! :eek:

4. Tiddelypom

Tiddelypom New Member

Hi again lucy! I can't remember if you asked this in the other character topic. I'm trying to tie up loose ends haha..

Underneath you wear your basics which consist of a very very sexy grey tshirt and baggy trackie bottoms (all supplied by them you have to wear those not other stuff). The bottoms are actually superduper comfy and I may or may not have borrowed a pair...! There's some other under bits but they are costume specific. They also provide lovely items like shorts, sweatshirts, sweatbands mm sexy.

People moan about basics a lot but actually I think it's fab - we get paid to lounge about in trackies and a tshirt... YES!

Haha don't worry about question I get as much of a kick out of answering them as you do asking :p (you will understand this time next year!!!!)

5. lucy_elizondo88

hahahah thanks tiddelypom! u probably think i'm ur biggest fan by now! hahaha sorry! im just really very curious! and nervous! i read in a blog somewhere that characters are very likely to get injured... like from guests that try to be funny and squeeze ur hand too tight, or punch u in the stomach, etc etc... anything like that happen to u!? haha also... i've asked my cousin who studied theater if she could give me a few beginners lessons in dance, miming hahah whatever! that way i'll be 110% ready for the audition! yay! 8)

6. Tiddelypom

Tiddelypom New Member

Haha I wouldn't flatter myself

Get used to it, I'm STILL curious and nervous!

Yes. Some middleaged idiot of a 'man' thought it would be hilarious to hit Stitch on the head. It hurt a lot. I play clawed at him hoping he would get the message and he said 'hawhaw he didn't like that better not do it again' so I carried on with the usual stuff then as he was leaving he did it twice more. First. Middle aged bloke - either you are adorably naive or you like hurting small girls necks. Two. Kids around don't want to see Stitch being hit and (I hope) most people don't want to see actors getting hit. What a knob. I've heard some real shocker stories don't know if they are exaggerated or no... I'm sure you will hear them too!

Apart from that it's mostly just kids kicking and stuff but you forgive them lol. Really seems nothing compared to the really amazing things that happen.
    And we get felt up quite a bit too haha! Everyone wants a feel of Minnie Mouse :eek: ! At PoohMunk height I think you are failry safe - but that will just make it aaaal the weirder when it happens (and it will).
    You will also be peed on. And possibly bled on. And snotted on.

It's so worth it :D

7. vik

vik New Member

so THAT explains all those hideous stains we used to find on the costumes...

8. lucy_elizondo88

hahaha aww yeah! cant believe i'll hardly get to play any girl characters! think its only the cinderella mice right? and terk... but i think we all know she snot the girliest of girls right? hahaha cant believe somebody would actually want to feel up Pooh! or Grumpy! hahaha pedo! thats just wrong!

ugh disgusting! and please vik! do tell us all about the hideous stains on the costumes! hahaha ;D

9. Tiddelypom

Tiddelypom New Member

If you are on the shorter end of it you can do June and JoJo too! June is super girly. She is a ballerina!

Haha ya Vic, sorry about that :p

10. lucy_elizondo88

awww i thought vic was gonna tell us about the nasty stains on the costumes :-[