Characters

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by *PennyCrayon*, Sep 11, 2008.

1. cowza

cowza New Member

Thanks for clarifying everything Tiddleypom! ;D

Sounds like you had a lot of fun!

2. Tiddelypom

Tiddelypom New Member

I don't think theyre like, oh.. no way, ICP can't do face I just think it's highly improbable!

And yeh those stupid girls nearly had my head off grrr. Luckily it wasn't a neck thing I'd have cried if I couldn't hang out with Stitch!
    Why does Stitch get so mch abuse?!!! People must be jealous of how amazingly cool and adorable he is ><

3. Freckles

Freckles Guest

he gets abuse? blimey.

I originally wanted to do character, but im worried aboutme not being fit enough to do it. At the moment i am really looking towards doing the spiels as its more towards what i want to do. I do enjoy physical theatre but its very hard lol.

whats it like in the costumes?

4. vik

vik New Member

if you're claustraphobic, then its not a good idea! i know everyone says that but its true. As for the heat, well a lot of characters do meet and greets indoors in air conditioning anyway so unless you're in a parade which icp's rarely are then its generally ok. having said that i wasn't a character performer alas, i was a mere costumer (possibly the lowest respected role at disney lol)

5. Freckles

Freckles Guest

do you run the risk of getting that if you ask for character?

and whyis it the lowest?

7. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I am in a bit of a dilemna in being a character, i was told you dont get the same interaction with the guests as the others. And i read somewhere that you are not left in the costume out in the heat for longer than an hour or something like that, is this true?

8. Freckles

Freckles Guest

its twenty minutes at a time i do believe. we timed it when out there. you know they switche dbecause the guy who went into eeyore starting signing pooh in my sister's book!!

9. leomgray

leomgray New Member

10. Kevus

Kevus New Member

Well the characters can have a great deal more fun than other roles, but attendants have their fair share of the interaction, sometimes characters pop away for just a moment every 20 mins but people like belle who like to talk more are out for around forty

11. cowza

cowza New Member

It's about twenty if you're inside a costume... face characters can work for up to an hour sometimes.

I wouldn't say you get less guest interaction as a character... you just get a very DIFFERENT kind of interaction. There is no talking to them... finding out where they are from and what their favourite place in Disney World is and all that... but then you get to experience so many magical reactions from the kids who love you.

12. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Do the fur characters talk?

13. Tiddelypom

Tiddelypom New Member

Did I ever tell you how much I heart your integrity? :-*

No but they kiss! And sometimes giggle if theyre very naughty! And cough or sneeze...

14. CharlotteSparkle

CharlotteSparkle New Member

do you have to be quite small to be a character then? I'd LOVE to do it, but i'm 5'8ish :-(

15. leomgray

leomgray New Member

no the size ranges go all the way up to 6'8"

16. CharlotteSparkle

CharlotteSparkle New Member

ooooh yey exciting!! I'm still stuck between character, operations and lifeguard though!!!

17. leomgray

leomgray New Member

character, operations and merchandise for me

18. Freckles

Freckles Guest

character, ride/attractions and merchandise...not sure on what other roles there are that i would be interested in lol.

19. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

hmmm - not sure I'd want to be a character, as I'm slilghtly claustrpobic (no idea how to spell it!)
    But I'd love to do operations on the rides (always wanted to send off the cars on Test Track!)
    or merch, or maybe even QS F&B?? (im crazy I know!)
    heck - I'd even sell car parking tickets if it meant I could work there!
    xx

20. vik

vik New Member

il hopefully be character attendant, character performer, attractions or costuming (when i sed it was low respect i mean cos you dont deal with any guests and you have to be prepared for a few divas to throw a lot of diva strops! most of them are lovely tho...)