Characters

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by *PennyCrayon*, Sep 11, 2008.

1. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I really want to be a character now, it keeps coming to me, somedays i do want to be one and others i dont, but i really want is to work at Magic Kingdom, and work at the emporium!

2. Kevus

Kevus New Member

Really emporium? with the hours mk has you could be there til five am....

3. leomgray

leomgray New Member

yes, i wouldnt mind that at all, cos its not as if i would be working from 9 in the morning until 5 in the morning the next day, or would i? i just think it is such a magical shop, i love it!

4. Kevus

Kevus New Member

lol no you wuldnt be from dawn til dusk but still til 5 am in the morning is tough, i dont emporium that much it gets way to crowded in the evenings.

5. leomgray

leomgray New Member

i would love to work there though, i wouldnt care how crowded it gets, i work in a shop the now and i can handle it when its busy and when its dead, im used to it so i wouldnt mind working there even if its til 5 in the morning!

6. leomgray

leomgray New Member

attend the characters, lol. No they go about and make sure the characters are not bombarded with kids and abused and supply the person with water and hydration, just for their safety and to be their carer.

7. Kevus

Kevus New Member

Attendants have many responsiblities, generally you have to make sure the character is "safe", they form lines and control them, sometimes you might have to take photos or a photopass might, youll have to close lines and stay out in case people need help. Your not needed to give them water, they can do that themselves you also have to look after yourself.

8. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I was close enough, i was told character attendants give the characters water and that, but oh well.

9. cowza

cowza New Member

I think character attendants get treated the worst... in terms of what they have to put up with and stuff... and the money is at the bottom end of the scale with merchandise and operations :( They should get paid more.

10. Kevus

Kevus New Member

yeah tell me about it, the amount of times guests want to complain or people dont listen... and to be out in the sun longer than the characters themselves and maybe even some custodial... its not fair but it is a fun job

11. leomgray

leomgray New Member

That doesnt really sound fair at all, out of curiosity, which role gives the most money per hour?
    The more i think about it i dont particularly want to be a character attendant, im sticking with my three roles, character, operations and merchandise, lol. But it would be great to work as a character and work in all the parks.

12. cowza

cowza New Member

I think quick service food & beverage has the highest one for a cp. I was in merchandise and that's the lowest along with operations and character attendant. But I got promoted to trainer so I got a little bit more than others :) I mean... there isn't a drastically higher one... they are all within a dollar of each other. I believe front desk is slightly higher.

13. anijac1412

anijac1412 New Member

What about costuming?

14. Tiddelypom

Tiddelypom New Member

Isn't the highest lifeguard? They're on $8.?? We got $7.65 for character

Except in training when your fave attendent brings you water after your first set :D
    *heart*

15. Yeh I got paid more in Custodial than my friend who was in Quick Service F&B. I think she got just under $7 whereas I got $7.13 ....

16. vik

vik New Member

i got 6.79 for costuming...you get that if you do merchandise and operations as well i believe

17. cowza

cowza New Member

Ah yeh forgot about custodial... that one is a bit higher because you deal with chemicals and lifeguard... think you're right there. That might possibly be the highest paid on the college program. There's some lifeguards out there somewhere... maybe they'll tell you!

18. Kevus

Kevus New Member

what about the park you work in, I got about 6.69 when i was custodial in DAK

LOL
    i was your favourite attendent?! really!!! awww *hug*

19. Freckles

Freckles Guest

im happy the rent and everything is taken out of the pay check. doyou get paid weekly or fortnightly or monthly?

just for clarification...if i wanted to do the spiel on the jungle cruise or the great movei ride...waht would i need to put down at the F2F?

20. leomgray

leomgray New Member

ye i would like to ask a similar question, also if you have a prefered park can you say in your interview as well as feckles said?