Chester Interviews

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by Cinderella, Dec 1, 2004.

1. emma

emma New Member

hi gemma,
    my names emma im 18 (nearly) from liverpool and i have my interview in february! my qusetions kinda not disney related...what do u think of liverpool uni? im goin thru ucas now n liverpool have giv me an offer but i duno yet what i think! and also in ur chester interview did u have to talk about liverpool? i gues i will av2 being a cultural rep hopeful...capital of culture n all that??? let me no! thanks gem x xx

2. Cinderella

Cinderella New Member

Hi Emma,

Oh well hello there from Liverpool - where abouts do u live? I live by the docks. I'm not in Liverpool uni I am in John Moores - but I think both uni's are top and the student nites are even better - definitely stay in Liverpool for uni. Check out www.medication.co.uk this is the best student nite, it's on Wednesdays and I love it!

Erm no didn't say anything about Liverpool there very informal we ended up chatting about Tattoo's! But i'm not sure if the year program interviews are more formal - are they Sara, michelle??

Well hopefully I'll be seeing you there in June Emma :)

3. Marie

Marie Guest

I think most of us one year people know v little about the college program!
    The guy i know who did the college program had no interest in leisure and tourism (although i dont know what he said in his interview!) however for the one year program i think they expect you to be interested in this area.
    Also as cultural reps we are meant to educate Disney's guests on our country. So they will ask you about your home town. I talked about its location, whats there, its big festival week events etc... I was also asked if i'd seen most of the UK and was aware of most of the towns and cities. The interview was really like a chat - my nerves went once i was in the room.
    Good Luck Emma,
    Marie

4. soleil plage

soleil plage Guest

I'd just finished my degree in Chester when I went out to do the IP
    the the American guests used to love it - (WOW! - that place has like a full wall around it! - cool!) I studied Geogrqaphy so I knew lots of pointless facts about the city - I couldn't believe how useful they were!! ;D

Enjoy!

5. DisneyMichelle

DisneyMichelle Active Member

I think the Ip interviews do put more focus on talking about where you live cos youre going out there to represent your country so i guess you have to be able to talk about it!!

I dont think theyre worried if your final career plans arent tourism related as I told Julie that I wanted to be a journalist eventually and still got the job! I talked about how journalism was about communication - learning new things and communicating this to people which is kinda linked in with the whole idea of being a cultural rep. I guess if they think youre the right person for their programme then theyll emply you whatever your ultimate goals!!

Michelle xx