Christmas Day at Epcot

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by DisneyMichelle, Sep 15, 2004.

1. DisneyMichelle

DisneyMichelle Active Member

Hey,

Just a quick question for past/current CMs.

How busy is Epcot on Christmas Day? I can imagine that Magic Kindom is full to capacity very early but what is it like at Epcot? I just cant imagine a lot of people going there - surely MK is where they wanna be?

Michelle xx

2. Matt Gilbert

Matt Gilbert New Member

From personal expierience I would say just as busy. MK only has a ceratin capacity. If people cant get in there they go on to the next park.

3. flavour

flavour New Member

i can't remember that well, but the time around x-mas is quite busy! hardly anybody got off the 24th/25th. and noone on new year's. but the atmosphere around the wdw was awesome that time of year!
    flavour xoxo

4. DisneyMichelle

Yeah, I guess if you couldnt get into MK then you would just head straight to th next park - Disney is Disney after all!!!!

5. Rudy

Rudy New Member

IT RAINED!!! all day! and all the guests seemed to think it was my fault!!
    I remember talking to a lot of Jewish Children. It was a really quiret day, but the rain might have put people off!

New Year was GREAT! though, and I was sober until 3am, i worked a 14 hour shift and loved every minute of it, we didn't get time for a lunch/tea break so our managers bought us foot long subway sandwiches!
    we celebrated new year at 7pm for the u.k we danced round the statue in the middle of the u.k pavillion, luckily our managers were nice enough to take over our roles for a few minutes!
    We then were given top hats and party horns for midnight everyone in the park had them as we watched the fireworks!
    back in the commons for 3am we partied until 7am back at work the next day for 11am EVERYONE had a hangover!

great times! ;D

6. DisneyMichelle

Sounds like so much fun!!! I think I would rather be working Christmas/New Year than have it off! Would seem wierd to be away from family, but it sounds like theres a real family feel to it in the park! I like the idea of celebrating New Year at 7 in the Uk pavillion - it makes sense!!!

Michelle xx

7. flavour

flavour New Member

new years was the best ever! i had a closing shift (really happy bout that because after work you weren't allowed into the park anymore) and at 6 pm we went into the courtyard as well and celebrated. the permanents took over, but still the managers weren't too happy. well, whatever! couldn't care less! as for midnight, i was one of the lucky people who was given a crowd-control shift, getting the best seats for the fireworks in the whole park! we were to stay on the lawn around the lake and prevent people from getting on there. well, didn't do the best job, 2 people jumped over the fence, but what should we have done, the guy was proposing...so sweet!! anyway, as the fireworks started we just sat there on the lawn and watched the fireworks...the best ever! afterwards we celebrated with the guests, took pictures... when we left for the commons and came through the wardrobe (you have to in order to get to the busses) disney had prepared hot dogs and bagels and ... and when we came back to the commons the real party started. first we went to the german party, but (sorry): sooooo boring! so we laft for the canadian one, best thing we ever did! so much fun! partied til 7 or 8! new year's is just one big party! you'll love it!!

later! flavour xoxo

8. Danielle1883

Danielle1883 New Member

Hey! I'm so excited now- not that i wasn't already. I'm going to be there this year, i leave dec 7th. can't wait!
    Danielle xx

9. Andy

Andy New Member

I have got to stop reading how fantastic this place is, I still have another 2 weeks or so to see if i can get through to the next interview,

New Years for under 21's??? as fun??????

10. flavour

flavour New Member

hey andy, i'm sure you will make it there! i'll keep my fingers crossed!

i don't know what it's like now, maybe ask someone who just left, but when we were there underage-drinking was not a problem! even if security knew you were under 21 they didn't do anything as long as you would still 'behave'! but maybe fo new years they won't take it that serious! i bet you'll have fun anyway!!

later! flavour xoxo

11. Rudy

Rudy New Member

when security come knocking, be sure you not holding an alcoholic drink!
    can of coke spiked with vodka is fine! ha ha
    you just have to be careful, i didn't turn 21 til july.
    i knew a couple of people who got terminated, though, they were caught at P.I.
    Does everyone still go to Bennigans?
    i miss bennigans the most!

Rudy ;D

12. Andy

Andy New Member

see now im thinking that not being able to drink is a big negative, i do like the occasional alcoholic beverage, And to not be able to drink comfortably for a whole year, Seems a long time!

13. DisneyMichelle

I know its easy for me to say being over 21 but I dont think that there will be a huge problem with drinking! As long as youre not collapsing on the floor all over the commons and really blatantly drunk then from what Ive heard security tend to let you get on with it!!! Just dont get caught at P.I. !!

But surely you wouldnt let the worry of drinking prevent you from doing the programme!?!?

14. flavour

flavour New Member

not getting caught at PI actually reminds me of how lucky i was! one night after x-mas me and my friends deciced to stay in and have a few drinks (at that time i was not 21 yet). well, we got bored so we decided to go to PI. sow e went there and at the entrynce they asked for ID. i just told them i was not 21 (being totally wasted) and she keeps asking for ID until i actually show her. until today i'm still wondering if she actually didn't notice i was drunk or if she was just being nice cause it was x-mas time. but the next morning i woke up and only the i realised that at that moment i could be packing my suitcases to go home...

flavour xoxo

15. Andy

Andy New Member

Oh no, I would want to do the programme no matter what but being tea total for a whole year just seemed very strange! It was frustrate me a bit now finally being of legal age over here, to go over to there stupid rules and be underage again!

But i just want to hear something now! I really want to do it, obvious statement really! week and a day has passed! Just keep checking for the mail everyt morning!

16. DisneyMichelle

It would be a bit strange and rather frustrating if youve not long been able to legally drink for long in the UK and then be back to be illegal again!!!

I bet you get hassled a lot in the UK pavillion by people saying "Im in the Uk and Im 18 so I should be able to drink"!!!

17. Rudy

Rudy New Member

yeah you do,

especially by the kids parents "i'm their dad and i'm buying them a drink etc"
    the weird thing is, we were all serving alcohol, but we weren't allowed to drink it.
    you have to be 18 to serve it and 21 to drink it, strange! ;D

18. DisneyMichelle

That must be quite weird!!! Being able to serve it but not drink it!!! Frustrating too I imagine!!

19. DigitalPhear

DigitalPhear New Member

Under age drinking was always more fun and exciting from what I remember.

Of course, under age drinking at home is slightly different then it would be at WDW. Especially considering the number of kick ass clubs there are in the Orlando area.

Not too mention your probably going to get your ass fired if you get caught.

20. DisneyMichelle

That would be the worst thing - knowing that theres so much opportunity to partya dn have some great nights at PI but also knowing that if you get caught there or even with a drink in your hand then youre likely to get terminated straight away!!!

Luckily Im over 21 though!!!!

Michelle xx