Cinderella's Castle to change

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stu_uk, Dec 12, 2004.

1. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

For Disneylands 50th birthday, wdw's castle will be changing.

Here is some pictures from another website.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ROYAL TREATMENT -- During "The Happiest Celebration on Earth," Cinderella Castle at Magic Kingdom will become a celebration of Disney magic around the world. Graceful gold filigree will adorn its turrets. Banners, ribbons and tapestries will breeze from balconies.

Incredible golden Disney icons will sparkle across the castle -- Cinderella's glass slipper, Beast's enchanted rose. Golden images of Peter Pan and his friends will fly carefree in the sky high on the tallest spire. There will be a delightful Disney surprise from every angle. And in the middle of it all, a magical palate of ever-changing stained glass above the castle's great archway will shine with a breathtaking view of the five Disney castles from around the world.

8)

2. tiggercharlotte

tiggercharlotte New Member

Wow! That looks amazing!! Thanks very much Stu! ;D
    Charlotte x

3. flavour

flavour New Member

thanks for the pics!! that's soooo pretty! i'd so love to see that for myself! wow!!

flavour xoxo

4. DisneyMichelle

DisneyMichelle Active Member

Thanks for the pics Stu - the castle is gonna look amazing - I cant wait to see it!! ;D

5. Tinks

Tinks New Member

Thanks,

I'd love to go to california!!

6. gismo1554

gismo1554 New Member

I went to california in Aug and was disappointed at how much of the park was being redone at once. The castle was covered in a blue shroud (if I remember later I'll put on the weird photo of it I had) and to begin with you kind of didn't notice it was missing. They also had the tikki room closed down and new front faces going up around New Orleans square. It just seemed like everything was being fixed at once. The Aladdin show over at Californian Adventure however was amasing - they even had a flying carpet, and I think their interrpretation of the Genie was side splitting.

7. Cinderella

Cinderella New Member

Yeh guys glad u like all the refurbishments that have been going on in my castle,

it's costing a fortune....

;D

8. SaraC

SaraC New Member

Awww wow I can't wait to see it, it looks amazin

thanks 4 the pics Stu

xxx

9. BC_Belle

BC_Belle New Member

It'll be awesome to be able to see that in person when i'm down there! As to all the refurbishments in Disneyland, it's in preparation for the 50th because the park had gone into such disrepair so much had to be done at once to get it finished in time. The castle is gorgeous now, all shiny pink and blue. It's wonderfull the TLC being put into it by Matt Ouimet (president of DL) and Greg Emmer. The happiest place on earth is returning to the way it should be :D

10. robb2020

robb2020 New Member

Hey!!

This castle really looks AMAZING!!!
    Wow, it makes me realize u know, for me, mostly all things that Disney does are perfect and enchating as well.
    Like putting this icons of movies and tales we all know by heart, inside the icon of Disney atruly Kingdom of magic and dreams.

I will surely take loads and loads and loads of pics.
    It looks really great
    Thanks Stu

See ya
    Robb ;D

11. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

[​IMG]

I think this means when the consruction is taking place. i think the castle will stay like that for the whole of the celebration.

8)

12. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

They have started putting the new bits on and here and some pics of the castle so far.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8)

13. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

Hi, they have come along way since i last posted some pics, i think they have nearly done. (look closly to see all the different character statues!) (peter pan and wendy are right at the top!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one shows the new stage for the cinderealabration show

[​IMG]

i think they still have to add tinkerbell, and the new magic mirror above the arch where the clock is (the hands have been taken off!)

:D

14. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

the magic miror is now up

[​IMG]

15. DisneyMichelle

DisneyMichelle Active Member

Stu -

Thanks for all these great pics!!! The catsle really is starting to look amazing now!!!

I just cant wait to get out there and see it all for real!!! Just seeing the pictures makes me wanna get out there NOW!!!

16. robb2020

robb2020 New Member

Hey Gals and Guys,

Hey Stu: Thanks for the great pics!!!

Hey Chelle: Dont worry, we will be able to see this great castle.
    In a week!!!!!!!!!!
    I am thinking on going to the MGM first
    but hey I will surely wanna have a quick look at the castle.
    It looks amazing.

See ya
    Robb ;D