cinema/movies

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dan7, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Dan7

Dan7 New Member

So just watched 17 Again, it was quite a good easy watch. Funny at times although the concept is pretty dated its quite a decent take on it. I wasn't particularly a fan of Zac Efron being in a basketball team again, looking forward to Me and Orson Welles to see something a tad different. Oh, and I had to sit around girls saying how hot he was the whole movie..like ok, I get it after the 3rd time! Other than that, a definate must-watch for all HSM/Efron fans. Me personally, next weeks UK release I Love You Man is more my cup of tea :)

2. ShanaBanana

ShanaBanana New Member

Whoa! You got to see 17 Again early (It doesn't come out here until April 17)! Colour me several shades of jealous! Looks like it should be a cute little movie to watch... and Zac Efron being in it doesn't hurt either! :D As for the girls you were with exclaiming multiple times about his hotness factor... sometimes we just get excited and like to share (lots!) haha! Personally, there's a certain scene that looks like it takes place in some sorta back yard with a pool that I'm particularly looking forward to... ahem :D

Seeing what Efron is like in different roles (i.e. Me and Orson Welles) will be interesting to see. Though... hard for me to picture him in any role now where he doesn't sing! I know that's why he dropped out of Footloose, but still, I guess I just enjoy those musicals! ;D

3. Dan7

Dan7 New Member

Yeah I work at a cinema so get to see stuff a few days early (plays here on the 10th)

4. princess_shayna

princess_shayna New Member

oh man i'm also super jealous! I'm really excited to see that movie!!!

Mmmm Zac Efron!

I personally have never been a treky, but i'm So excited for the new Star Trek! It looks great i think!

5. ShanaBanana

ShanaBanana New Member

Well they've re-vamped the whole cast (as far as I know... I assume most are new), but it's a nice change! William Shatner has nothing on the new Captain Kirk! mmmm

6. Dan7

Dan7 New Member

Simon Pegg is Kirk right? I'm not even into Star Trek but its a huge franchise so I hope he does it justice. Shaun of the Dead was brilliant, Hot Fuzz above average, How to Lose Friends pretty lame, Run Fatboy Run lame. He is in Guesthouse Paradiso, oldschool classic :)

7. Dan7

Dan7 New Member

My bad, my brain mustve totally frozen over. Pegg is playing Scotty. Speaking of freezing, he's due to provide his vocal chords for the upcoming Ice Age 3

8. Karritada

Karritada New Member

i just went and saw monsters vs aliens tonight at the imax cinema. i loved it, still smiling 3 hours later :)

9. Dan7

Dan7 New Member

I thought it was Dreamworks' best production since Shrek, they made good use of the classic 50's monsters (the blob, 50ft woman, etc.)

10. ShanaBanana

ShanaBanana New Member

Gah! I so have to see that movie! Everyone I've spoken to say it's a riot! And if it's their best since Shrek, well that's good enough for me!!

11. Dan7

Dan7 New Member

Big hand to Seth Rogen for providing most of the laughs. Bet they paid a decent amount of cash for him though, whereas Rhino (Bolt) provides more laughs and is an overall better character, was just voiced by a Disney animator. There are more instances of this. I think the only real high profile names Disney/Pixar have had are Tim Allen/Tom Hanks for Toy Story 1/2 (and 3...omg TS3! :D)

Got a bit carried away there, only came on to say I saw I Love You Man last night :) an absolute must see for fans of the Apatow productions (even though this isn't one) there is the usual grossoutrageous (not strictly a word) antics now associated with Rudd, Segel et al.

Go see it! :)

12. ShanaBanana

ShanaBanana New Member

haha whenever I see *any* reference to Toy Story 3 now I just get so excited!! In 3D to boot!! Ahh I just love all the characters in those films, they all just add a little bit o' somethin'-somethin' (really descriptive, right? hehe). The general plot of the film sounds like we'll be in for some good laughs too (just read it from imdb.com):

Oh dear... the trouble they'll get into in a day-care centre! <insert Jaws music here> :D

13. Dan7

Dan7 New Member

Watched Crank 2 last night, crazy film! Worth a watch I'd say, especially if u liked the first one or Jason Statham in general.

14. ShanaBanana

ShanaBanana New Member

15. Cicada

Cicada New Member

Oh my gosh that looks amazing! I can't wait to see that.

16. princess_shayna

me neither!! This next HP looks so intense and action-packed!!!! ;D

17. Dan7

Dan7 New Member

Yeah saw that on Empire the other day, its cool. Saw some new Bruno images yesterday, hilarious. Its rated R in the US, would love it to get 18 in the UK, although Borat was 15.

18. princess_shayna

CHECK THIS OUT I'M SOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.michaelbay.com/

The first one was sick... I just love the transformer action... the next one looks so sweet!!!

19. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

Yeah, that looks to be a good one! Plus more Megan Fox, how can you lose?

I saw 17 again today, I quite enjoyed it. I think Zac Efron did a really good job actually. Kudos to him!

Now, I still need to see Race to Witch Mountain and the Hannah Montana Movie!!!

20. mushu

mushu New Member

Ooh yeah I saw 17 again the other night and I really enjoyed it, although I thought the ending was a little odd!

Can't wait to see the Hanna Montana movie AND the new Harry Potter!