cinema/movies

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dan7, Mar 9, 2009.

1. ShanaBanana

ShanaBanana New Member

Yup, I saw 17 Again too this weekend - fun movie! Nice to see that Zac Efron could pull off a movie by himself that had zippo singing in it. Though he still shows some sweet basketball skills so the Wildcat is still in him :D I wish I could spin a basket ball on my fingers like him, frick that shot alone must have been hard to get! I love love love the guy who plays his best friend/"dad" in the movie lol Very rare to see somebody spontaneously speaking elvish!

I also saw (albeit reluctantly) the Hannah Montana movie... though gotta say, as much as I want to punch Miley Cyrus in the face sometimes (but hey, that just made for some hilar commentary during the film), it was actually a decently fun movie! Has a few super cute songs in it, not to mention a sweet hoedown throwdown... I may or may not have already learned the dance moves to it :D

I've heard some good things about Race to Witch Mountain! Earth AND The Soloist come out this week!! Earth defo has to be seen in IMAX I think... even though I'm not really sure if they're showing that in IMAX but still... I shall investigate! I want to see me some BIG whales!

2. Cicada

Cicada New Member

I want to see the soloist SO bad. I don't think it's going to come to the city I am in for university. I will have to wait til I get home :( The school my friend does her teaching at is going to see Earth, the whole school. How awesome is that?

3. ShanaBanana

ShanaBanana New Member

Aww that's great! I guess they'll be seeing it on opening day (Earth Day)? In that case, looks like Disney will be planting lots o' trees thanks to them! They have a promo going that for every person who sees the film on Earth Day, they'll plant a tree. Really nice idea to honour what the day is all about :)

Plus, James Earl Jones is the narrator in the movie, so really, you just can't go wrong. Next to Morgan Freeman, he has a pretty epic narrative voice. Plus... he was Mu-fa-saaaaaa once upon a time!

4. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

I saw Earth today. It was pretty good, although I'm fairly sure I've seen some of the footage before. Maybe from the DVDs planet earth? because those were done by BBC too if I'm not mistaken. Still really cool to watch on the big screen though. And my theatre shut off it's fire breathing dragon for the day to conserve energy for earth day!

5. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

i totally live in the wrong country

6. ShanaBanana

ShanaBanana New Member

Well now I'm just miffed that the movie theatres near me don't have fire breathing dragons.

Dammit!

7. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

I saw monsters vs aliens yesterday - sooo good :)
    It made me smile - and reminded me how much I love going to Vue in Lancaster - the seats are propely tiered there, it's rarely full so you get a proper footstool! ;)

"I just feel I should get a CHANCE to be with Derek!" - love it!
    xx

8. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

9. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

Do it!

Also, I saw the boat that rocked today - very good - but the music was better! (I think the cinema staff may think I live there now..... ;))
    See the boat that rocked! (Just so you know, I am in no way affiliated with the distributing company, and am not on commission!!)
    xx

10. robbo454

robbo454 New Member

hey katie did you see the 3D version of monsters vs aliens it was so cool i went to see it on thursday, i wish more movies were in 3d the effects were brill.

p.s cannot wait for Disney Pixars "Up" in October and Toy Story 3 next yr ;D

11. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

No I didn't - whereabouts did you see it? (You're from York right?)
    I didn't think any cinemas near us were showing it in 3D!

That would be really cool to see it though!
    xx

12. robbo454

robbo454 New Member

yeah am from good ol York, went to see it at VUE clifton moor, def worth going again to see in 3D was ace!!!!!
    Do you live in York as well if so whereabouts??? i live in Copmanthorpe ;D

13. Dan7

Dan7 New Member

I work at VUE Cleveleys (nr Blackpool) :) how was the cinema?

14. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

Aha!
    I live about 20 miles outside York, tiny village called Huggate! (Near Pocklington and Market Weighton!)

Maybe I should go see it at VUE then!
    I saw it at the Lancaster VUE, love VUE - but the one there is really small so they didn't show it in 3D :(

Ooooh, today I took advantage of Disney's buy one get one free and got Tarzan and Mulan! :)
    xx

ps I love the cinema :) I'd love to work there, but it's never happened :(

15. Dan7

Dan7 New Member

Yeah VUE Lancaster is small. I've worked there before when they needed cover for their xmas party. Saying that, we're not much bigger. Don't have 3D yet, but will do by end of the year.

I'm watching Doubt tonight (one of Disneys more mature releases) it came out a few months ago but we have it in for our Senior Screening (old people!) and part of my job is to watch before we play it to make sure its ok :)

16. Dan7

Dan7 New Member

Saw Wolverine last night (and got paid to watch it - such a chore!) suprisingly good seen as I'm not a huge follower of the franchise. The highlight - Ryan Reynolds with swords! Sweet scene :)

17. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

Cool, that looks like a good one. The 2 twins in that movie are from Edmonton, where I'm from! Were they any good?

18. ShanaBanana

ShanaBanana New Member

The teaser trailer for Toy Story 3 was just released, and had to share! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxUQlgRR-v4

Looks fabulous! I just love all the characters! But oh gosh still a little over a year away, baaaaah!!!

19. robbo454

robbo454 New Member

literally cannot wait to see Toy Story 3 the teaser trailer is mint!!
    Can still remember my mum waitng outside Toys R Us in a massive queue to get my brother the Buzz Lightyear toy when the first film came out! :D :)

20. Dan7

Dan7 New Member

I had a Buzz, Woody (sister broke the pullstring..I was heartbroken :() Christmas Edition Buzz, one of the big squeezy aliens. Always wanted a Slinky Dog! Oh and I had Buzz' spaceship! That was cool haha