cinema/movies

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dan7, Mar 9, 2009.

1. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

I saw Angels and Demons last night - thought it was quite good really (and better than the Da Vinci Code).
    Although Ewan McGregor's Irish accent left something to be desired (like consistency...... he kept going back to his Fife accent!)
    Anyone else seen it?

And I saw a trailer for My Sister's Keeper - looks soooo good!
    xx

2. ShanaBanana

ShanaBanana New Member

Oh gosh My Sister's Keeper looks like it's going to be amazing, though a *definite* tear jerker! I've had to fight the urge to well up with tears just when watching the trailer!

I saw Angels & Demons the other night - pretty good! Though they did change a good fair bit from the book... though that's to be expected given the time constraint of a movie unfortunately. Definitely some moment that had me squirm a little (like the random eye ball laying on the floor... blech!)!

Anybody seen Up yet? I still have to get to the theatre! Insanity! I already love love love Dug the dog though... SQUIRREL!! :D

3. iHEARTflorida

iHEARTflorida New Member

oh I going to see Angels and Demons tomorrow night -- gotta love Orange Wednesday!!! Haven't read the book thou, did read and see Da Vinci Code.

I haven't heard of My Sister's Keeper -- who's in that? Up looks good though!

4. Janey

Janey New Member

I definately want to see Angels and demons! And can NOT wait for July to see Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince!!

5. Dan7

Dan7 New Member

In the UK we have to wait til October for up! I'm going to the US in september but thinking Up will have all but finished by then.

6. Janey

Janey New Member

7. iHEARTflorida

iHEARTflorida New Member

Yeah when I was in America in April...there was trailers out for Up

8. ChelBelle

ChelBelle New Member

UP is an amazing movie! Disney/Pixar has done it again! Everyone should see it in 3D, if you can! :D ;D

9. robbo454

robbo454 New Member

I am gutted have to wait till October to see "UP" how come there is such a long gap inbetween release dates from US to UK, I know they did the same thing with Ratoutouille aswell grrrrrrrrr!

Hopefully might just be able to catch "UP" in cinemas before my start date in October!!!!!

10. Dan7

Dan7 New Member

Its out October 16 here in the UK. Does anyone know if the AMC at Westside has 3D? Its a big place so it should have it but I've never seen anything advertising 3D movies there.

11. iHEARTflorida

iHEARTflorida New Member

Whoop..just back from seeing the all mightie.......................................Terminator Salvation.

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! the effects were great, it felt so real and life like, I was jumping out my seats at parts.

Though I dont know which Terminator I prefer best :S

We were going to see Angels and Demons but were too late, and I though T4 would be all booked up....hopefully going to see AnD on the weekend

12. ShanaBanana

ShanaBanana New Member

Have now seen UP twice... and loved it even more the second time! It's one of those movies that "has it all". I laughed, I cried, I got ticked off at the bad guy, etc, etc! It was SO well done, and in 3D it's amazing. It's not the kind of film that has cheap 3D effects like "oooooh we're going to make it look like we're throwing things at your face". More that it lets you see more of the textures and makes the scenery pop even more. I don't understand why they're waiting soooo long to release it in the UK, but as soon as it's out, go see!! Run to it if you must! haha Love, love, love the movie. Definitely proves that you're never too old for an adventure ;)

Also... I want somebody to invent a talking dog collar STAT! .... SQUIRREL!!!!! :D

13. Dan7

Dan7 New Member

Saw Vicky Christina Barcelona last night, was nice to see a mellow, intruiging, non blockbuster flick. I'd definately recommend it!

14. hen87hels

hen87hels New Member

I saw that in Blockbusters yesterday. I got out what I thought would be a nice combination of chick flick & serious... New In Town and Frost/Nixon.

NIT
    (hahaha good acronym..) I couldn't even get half way through, its that bad.

Frost/Nixon I'm struggling with a bit but will persevere tomorrow!

Just watching An American in Paris now... "It's not a pretty face, I grant you, but underneath its flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character." Classic!

15. Cicada

Cicada New Member

I went and saw the Proposal yesterday and it was really good! I would suggest this to anyone who likes romantic comedies. It was really funny and had some feel good moments in it too.

16. Dan7

Dan7 New Member

I thought Frost Nixon was brilliant, the tension between the two you can really feel. To me it felt like watching a documentary. Two fantastic performances. Micheal Sheen is the man, really hoping he gets cast as Blofeld in the new Bond flick.

17. hen87hels

hen87hels New Member

Oh it is very good, I was just struggling a bit because I got two hours sleep the night before last so anything beyond Postman Pat was a bit of a brain freeze ;) Gonna try again tonight! :D

18. JaniceSeptember

JaniceSeptember New Member

Yeah I wasn't a big fan of it. But like I said I was alone bisected paying absorption and I absent the endure bit. But humans on actuality accept said some acceptable things so I will accord it addition try. The babe I babysitter told me on Friday that if I see the Jonas brothers if I am in Florida I should say hi to them for her. lol. kids are cute