college & international housing (cih) comunity codes agreement

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by Kaddy, Nov 29, 2004.

1. Kaddy

Kaddy New Member

Hey ya,

I got my package the other day and I do not understand term 17

Release_ in consideration for my living experience at the CIH acco..., i will assume all risks associated with my living experience at the cih and, on my own behalf and on behalf pf my heirs, executors and administratrotrs, i hereby release and discharge management of and from all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any nature whatsoever arising out of or in any way connected with my accommodations at the cih, including, without limitation, personal injury (incl death), property damage and criminal acts on my person or property. i understamd that this release includes any claims based on the negligence, action, or inaction of management and covers bodily injury (inlcuding death), personal injury and property damage whether suffered by me or my possesions,before during or after the expiration of my living experience at the cih.

I would be very pleased if somebody could explain this one to me.

Greetz, Kaddy

2. Lizzie

Lizzie New Member

ah, that sounds scary...what the heck does that mean:S

3. flavour

flavour New Member

probably means that you can't sue disney if anything happens in the commons, since the commons is not owned by disney...that's how i would interpret that! :-\ ???

later! flavour xoxo

4. RichardGandy

RichardGandy New Member

Yeah it basically means that you can't sue Price Management (who own the property) for any injury to yourself, others or property and you are therefore liable for any such damages

5. Kaddy

Kaddy New Member

So this basically means, that if I got shot (lol, sorry) or injured by a stranger on the property of the commons, my parents or me, cannot sue the management for their security's failure?

6. RichardGandy

RichardGandy New Member

Yes, thats correct, or likewise if there was a fire in one of the buildings, or you fell down some stairs, or your property was stolen.

It relieves them of all such liability.

and yes it does suck !

rich

7. Kaddy

Kaddy New Member

yes this really sucks