commons internet/disney discounts?

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by Fiduch, Nov 17, 2004.

1. Fiduch

Fiduch Guest

hello everyone!

i've posted here before, but this is my first time on the new boards. my name's Tim, and i'm coming on dec 7th to work F&B at the canada pavillion. and i'm EXTREMELY excited...

but i had a couple questions that hopefully someone already in florida could answer for me.

1) i've heard there's internet in all the apartments now... correct? that'd be really useful for me, since i'm gonna be bringing my computer down.

2) i know about the maingate pass, the cruise discounts, and the resort discounts, but i had a couple other questions about cast member benefits. are there any limitations to the number of times we can get resort discounts? do we get any discounts on disney merchandise, or at restaurants in the parks, etc?

hmm, i guess that's about it... i leave two weeks from today, and i start in less than 3 weeks!! yay!!!

Tim

2. gismo1554

gismo1554 New Member

Yes there is now internet in the apartments. It is a little slow and its a LAN connection so its not the standard internet cable phone line thingy.

We can only book 5 resort discounts for people other than ourselves - meaning if we book it and the IP person isn't staying - at least I think its still 5. Each stay you book is counted as any amount of days up to seven so 2 weeks would count as 2 stays booked. So if your parents are staying in the room without you then you can only book 5 of them.

We get 20% off resturants and 20% off merchandise all year around. Lucky you though cause you're going over at the time of year when you get 40% discount in the shops and a christmas voucher book with 50% off vouchers in for certain resturants (and a few other discounts)

Hope this helps and have fun.

3. Quark

Quark New Member

1.) Yes, there is broadband dslinternet access in all commons apartments by now. While I was there I stuck to Brighthouse because the "Disney" internet tends to get very slow at certain times of the day, but it's working and free. DSL is the standard method of access here in Europe, and it's technically better than Cable Internet, it's just that the backbone connection doesn't seem to be able to handle all the commons people at once :)
    2.) If they don't give you the christmas discount vouchers because you arrive too late, you should try to go to casting and ask for them, worked for quite a few people. The food coupons (1 time 50% off in the parks, 1 time outside) are valid the whole year, so you should definitely try to get them...

4. DisneyTracy

DisneyTracy New Member

Hey guys!!

So if I bring my laptop with me down there.. It can be in my apartment, and I can use it any time?? Is that correct!! lol I just wanna make sure

Trace

5. gismo1554

gismo1554 New Member

Yep you can. It has 4 points I think so up to 4 people can be connected at once

6. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

and, just to clarify, it's free?? :eek: :D

Ellen x

7. gismo1554

gismo1554 New Member

Yes I know shock horror something Disney actually give you for free ;D

8. JOSSYPOO

JOSSYPOO New Member

YES!!!!
    so exited my laptop will be happy

hey what about the cruise line discount?? is it 80% and how many times can you use it ?

9. gismo1554

gismo1554 New Member

Its up to 80% but you have to wait for specific dates to come up so it does mean you probably will only get 1 chance to use it.

10. Livar

Livar Guest

1) About the internet.
    - It's not standard DSL. It's some other technology that uses the phone line, but has more latency/delay. That's bad for using real-time apps like Skype for audio-chatting back home and similar. Also if you're an online gamer, you can forget about that here. But who does that here anyways? :)

Also see my other post:
    http://www.thefairground.com/smf/index.php?topic=222.msg3682#msg3682