Convert pay check to cash?

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World College Program' started by estrella_foder, Mar 11, 2007.

1. estrella_foder

estrella_foder New Member

Hi guys, I'm wondering how to convert my pay check into cash? Thanks!

2. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

Take it to publix with some ID to cash your cheque, or just open a bank account and have your cheque paid into that.

3. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Some places charge for you to cash it..others don't..They tell you all about it at the presentation the bank do on the first week..

4. brynna87

brynna87 New Member

If you have a Vista account, you can just deposit the cheque in their then get the cash out. That's what I used to do. Not all Vista machines take deposits but I know the one at MGM cast services does.

5. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Really, what it charges you money? I thought all the vista machines in disney were free? Most of them used to say it may charge you..but that was only if it was a none vista bank account..

6. Jorden

Jorden New Member

I think what she means is that not all the machines will allow you to depsoit a cheque into your account... not that all of them don't have a charge for using them.

7. rachet

rachet New Member

what would u recommend for the summer programmers? i mean we are only there for like 9-10 weeks, so is it really worth us setting up a bank account? would it be better to just cash our pay checks each week/month/however often you are paid? how often is it, by the way!

8. Kerry J

Kerry J Guest

every week,on a thursday!!!! ;D

9. brynna87

brynna87 New Member

I liked having the back account. When it went into automatic deposit it made life alot easier. I hated having to walk to the bungalows to get my cheque, then worrying about having to get it cashed. For the first like three weeks I didn't even cash my cheques cause it was a hassle.

10. rachet

rachet New Member

hmm i guess il see how straightforward it is to set up a bank account out there. or see what other people do haha :) it just seems like a waste to set one up for such a short amount of time!

11. PrincessJilly

PrincessJilly New Member

I did the same, i ended up with about 3 cheques needing cashed, and also places like Publix who do it for a fee, they will only do one every 8 days, so u couldnt get them all cashed at one time unless u went to the actual bank and cashed them

12. Trev

Trev New Member

I was too lazy to sort out direct deposits, but I did have an account at with Vista so I cashed mine at their place at Disney University (I worked in MK so it's right next to West Clock).
    There was a gas station/thing near WalMart that I went to when I wasn't working, they did it no questions asked as a lot of places wanted your SSN which I didn't have on me. (still need your passport though).

13. PrincessJilly

PrincessJilly New Member

Vista lied to us at the presentation and said they would sort out direct deposit for us!!! they never did though!! Im gonna sort it this time though, cant be arsed with pay cheques this time!

14. Jorden

Jorden New Member

I did have a small problem with Vista as well (applied for a checking account and had to go in and re-apply becuase they didn't set it up) but they set up my direct deposit automatically for me...

15. PrincessJilly

PrincessJilly New Member

i think Vista just do what they like to be fair ;D

16. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

I set up a Vista savings account and the had Disney direct deposit my paychecks into that. The I set up a current account so I could have a Debit card.....bad mistake on my part ;) I spent way too much money LOL

17. Tinkerbe11ing

Tinkerbe11ing New Member

Don't use Vista, get Suntrust instead! Suntrust is free, while you have to pay every month for Vista!!!

Just bring your passport to when you wanna open an account. They have Suntrust at Wallmart! :)

...while working for Disney you need to save where you can save ;)

18. so I get from this that the easiest thing to do is to set up a Direct Debit account? If you don't have a current account how do you get money out though?

19. Kevus

Kevus New Member

you do get a card which you can withdraw money out but for any summer i would suggest going with Partners(Vistas New Name) because it nice when you have a day off to go to MK... i mean where else would you go?

20. Tinkerbe11ing

Tinkerbe11ing New Member

suntrust is better....at least when I was there, cuz we didn't pay anything to have a dircet debit account, and we could use it everywhere!! And yea, to go and cash the paycheck every week, that was a pain in the ass, so definately go for an account and card!

haha, they even gave u checks....which is soooooooooooo OUT in Norway! I got myself a good laugh! ....I never used them, and as a matter of fact, it was a pain in the ass to tear them all apart, so no one could fraud me by taking them from me, haha...