Could I renew my contract with Disney after the ICP Program?

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by Mofree, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Mofree

Mofree New Member

Could I renew my contract with Disney after the ICP Program and work as arepresentative for my Country?

I think I would like to stay longer at Disney.

Thanks for an answer.

Mofree

2. riccky

riccky New Member

no, when i was ICP, i asked but the said, you have to go back to your country and then apply again, its because the visa.
    Only if you are american citizen you can do it. but as an international participant or as international college program you cant.

sorry buddy

3. cowza

cowza New Member

You may be able to if you can get another visa while you are in the US but Disney will offer you no assistance in that. You would have to do all the research and application process yourself.

There are visas you can get that would let you work there up to 5 years but you would normally need some kind of sponsor and Disney do not have the authority to sponsor that kind of visa.

4. cowza

cowza New Member

It depends on so many things. What kind of visa you are on... what country you are from...

The J1 Visa for example sometimes has a rule that when you have used it you must return to your home country and reside there for two years before you can apply for any other type of USA visa. That is something they decide on when you arrived in the USA though. The passport officer decides whether you are exempt from it.

The best advice anyone could give you if you were dead serious about staying in the USA is to get professional advice from an immigration lawyer.

Every person has an individual case and it's not really as simple as getting married either. If you do marry a US citizen you will still go through the exact same process of getting a green card (you just don't have to take the test)

5. I thought you only had to wait a year. People re do the summer icp on a yearly basis. I know people who have just done it twice in a row and they are also allowing me to apply for the 6 month programme next year. Also you have the option to extend on that programme just as the american college programme folk do as well.

6. cowza

cowza New Member

I thought the summer program was a slightly different visa because you are not studying in America? I was told the visa I had (J1) you could only have once in your lifetime. Anyway... the passport officer decides about that 'residing at home' rule. On my visa it was 2 years but I was exempt from it.

7. amberjayne

amberjayne New Member

I'm going back to Disney on the J1 visa within a year
    but I'm from Australia so it could be different to other countries
    but getting my visa this time was SO much easier and also this time it spans for a year even though I'm only going for 6 months

8. Mofree

Mofree New Member

Hi together,

i did an internship in california before.
    so, i think it's no problem to get an other visa.

but i think you have to have your visa speech etc, in germany...

9. george544

george544 New Member

It varies from country to another cause of US policies but some countries have to wait like a year or 6 months to get another J1 but you could get an F or Q visa

10. I know I have to wait a year before I can get another visa but I think it is also dependant on what visa you got.

11. Tiddelypom

Tiddelypom New Member

ICP does have a J1 but it's specifically the summer work/travel one so could well have different rules. I might be wrong but I think a few years ago Yummy were telling people that they couldn't reapply because of visas and now we can. So keep ging whilst you still can!