CRP applicant for 2011

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by jslussier, Jan 10, 2010.

1. disney-dude

disney-dude New Member

id be like ah um excuse me could you please remove your ass from my face and no you cant sit there my friend taloola sits there, you cant see her as she is tiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnyyyyyyyyyyyy

2. morrs084

morrs084 New Member

We'd always suggest Uk, Morocco and Germany. I tried so hard to make Moroccan food sound appealing, but most of the americans don't care. On average i'd piss off over 300 guests trying to get into Le Cellier. I just wish they'd put a sign up. "but that's not good disney look/show" it was sooo annoying though.

3. pinkspideruk

pinkspideruk Active Member

the worse for me was uk people trying to get into the restaurant - apparantly being british means instance access to the Rose and Crown gah

I tried making people go to Morrocco but people never wanted too - I even tried very hard to sell Germany but they didnt like it thast much either

4. snowwhite2

snowwhite2 New Member

We ate Moroccan for lunch in September and I was very disappointed. I think most Americans are familiar with Lebanese food which has a good reputation. Moroccan food is imo very similar to Lebanese - so maybe that may sway a few Americans. Besides there is a belly dancer (from south america!) but not during the fireworks of course. The Moroccan CRPs told me that they cannot even cook their food at the appartments because the ingredients are different than what they can buy at the grocer's. I didn't eat at the Biergarten because I've got that every day out the front door (live in the Alps). I don't even know what is served at the Canada Pavillion. Probably Steaks? Anyone that has his heart set on a steak is not easily talked into to something else. They could always try the Polynesian. Problem with Polynesian is the reservation. I tried to make reservations in September - booked out - is what I heard. We went anyway and were told that there was a 45 Min. Wait - 5 minutes later we were seated and tables were empty. Figure that one out. (Large skewers of barbequed Beef, Shrimp, Pork, Chicken) - all you can eat for a reasonable price (at least Disney reasonable.)

5. Chari21

Chari21 New Member

Tepan Edo in Japan is amazing. That was probably my favourite food.

I loved the food at the Polynesian! It's by far my favourite resort - never stayed there but whether I go back to work or not, I WILL stay there!!!

6. James_A

James_A Guest

I've applied to be there later this year

Last year I got a telephone interview, but no further. Fingers crossed I'll get further this year.

Good luck to everyone else applying this year

7. morrs084

morrs084 New Member

haha yeah.. it was tough cause it wasn't just the kind of food we served, it was really good.. and there are 3 items on the menu that Le Cellier is very famous for. I always used to make this joke saying i wonder what would happened if they announced at Epcot that there were 10 free reservations at Le Cellier and the first 10 got it. I always imaged babies and children flying in the air as these people sprinted towards the restaurant. haha

8. snowwhite2

snowwhite2 New Member

Well when I make it back to Epcot I will be sure to put Le Cellier on the list. I'll have my son make the reservation personally (on 2nd thought, better I do it myself. He is soooooooooooo reliable - NOT ! ::)) What are those 3 famous items? I would like to have them all.

9. CaseyMac

CaseyMac New Member

the chedder cheese soup is one of them for SURE!!! yummmmm :) Did any other Canadians get the email today about the final interviews?

10. morrs084

morrs084 New Member

- Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup
    - Mushroom Filet Mingon - along with the Wild Mushroom Rissioto
    - New York Strip

@CaseyMac - Yesss!! I got mine this morning! It was exciting.

11. snowwhite2

snowwhite2 New Member

And the guests get violent (no seating, ino reservations) over that? Probably few of them have ever left the continent. But true, if that is what they want, they won't be happy with the other world showcase choices. 1,000,000 steakhouses outside of Disney and probably 1,000 in Orlando. They should hop over to Wilderness Lodge. I didn't eat there but the hotel is fantastic and the menu looked great.

12. CazzieAnwyn

CazzieAnwyn New Member

customers get violent anywhere to be honest, my old travel and tourism tutor worked in an airport for a short while, and this man head-butted her in the face in front of his kids and she passed out, ended up with two black eyes. My other T&T tutor got a knife pulled out on her, guests can be absolutely VILE and there is a good reason as to why travel reps & the like are taught self defense moves.

They all said they had a great time during the job though, you get the odd nut-case thats going to get nasty, but other than that it really is just fab, money not o great but the lifestyle, if you like it, wonderful. I spent a week repping in spain, loved it to pieces, even if it was benidorm was still fab xD

13. 2005CP

2005CP New Member

i did a skydive twice and now cant find the pictures from either time-so i have no ones word but my own to go on-people still dont fully believe me.

14. pinkspideruk

pinkspideruk Active Member

i have pics and videos - your should have chucked the pics on fb or photo bucket so u never lose them :p

15. 2005CP

2005CP New Member

I used to refer them to a totally different park just to see their face.

Most of them just agreed with me

16. 2005CP

2005CP New Member

The weird thing is the amount of abuse i put up with in Florida-people who know me will know i am not the kind of person to just shut up and let people be rude to me, but i distinctly remember nearly biting through my tounge when i had a party of drunken cockney arse wipes mocking me for being from Liverpool-but not in a funny, 5 minutes of banter way, but in an hour and a half, lets see how much abuse we can hurl at the person who is GIVING US FOOD...........a risky strategy in some restaurants, im glad to say not in the R&C. Their drinks and deserts did start becoming quite delayed though-mainly because my other tables started ganging up on them and even spoke to the manager on my behalf without me knowing(like most of the managers, he did bugger all).

Whereas i was in the kitchen restraining the urge to run out with a plate to smash on each of their heads!

Ah, happy days.

17. morrs084

morrs084 New Member

haha yeahh.. i think the guests at disney believe that when you're at Disney.. nothing can go wrong. Everything will happen perfectly.. i mean after all.. that is what Disney strives on. But sometimes they take it too far and aren't very forgiving. I never had any actual violence.. a had a fellow cast member who was stalked out of the park after her shift. I was called a racist in my last month (i can't remember if i already said that or not) .. i had this crazy crazy woman who demanded to speak to Dan Cockrell.. (President of Epcot).. at like 8:30pm.. and she wasn't going to leave until she spoke to him. I actually felt bad for the managers at Le Cellier.. they take such a beating. I mean we can always say the magical words "Would you like to speak to my manager?" and we're done with it.

There was a few month period when DDR over booked are restaurant every night.. so all of our reservations got behind and behind and behind. And i had a manager named Kaydee.. she wasn't even a full manager.. she was doing this temp. internship thing.. the beating she got from the guests on this night.. i felt so bad for her. She used to joke about how she ruined a 25th, 50th and 70th anniversary in one night.. and was going to see if she could make it up to 75th that night. You get blamed for everything unfortunately.. and they expect soo much in return.

18. snowwhite2

snowwhite2 New Member

Yes, the guests do expect so much in return. The reason being - they pay through the nose to be there. If you try to take a family to Disney, stay at a Disney Resort, eat normal and pay for a few extras - you probably have to take out a 2nd mortgage for your home to finance everything - you have paid for near perfection. There are so many choices, so when you finally think you have everything organised - and this goes wrong (are the kids tired, hungry and cranky?) There are those who take it in stride (where do the get the patience from?) It is difficult for both parties. But as a parent, I can remember the absolutely ungodly prices at the restaurants. :p

19. 2005CP

2005CP New Member

True, but what you havnt paid for is the right to be rude.

Ever.

20. snowwhite2

snowwhite2 New Member

Most of us try to go through life without being rude - there are situations where you are so disappointed, nerved, upset (the heat really got to me in Florida - especially after about 8 days in all the parks.). And *PLING* you snap. You are not normal in the situation. Nobody is perfect. I realize that the CRP can't do anything about it. But you are dealing with someone at a high frustration level. I am not defending anyone - but often it helps to deal with the situation when you can at least understand a little what that person is feeling at the moment. It is one of the things you learn when dealing with people. At a high corporate level the situation can be even worse. Disney guests go away but Corporate Officers can terminate you or make life so miserable. Just my thoughts.