CRP applicant for 2011

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by jslussier, Jan 10, 2010.

1. CazzieAnwyn

CazzieAnwyn New Member

I know right!?! Just argh >.< Really cannot win with some people =[

I'd love to go sky-diving your so lucky D= Lmao nice to know he was prepared for you, must make you feel special xD

2. pinkspideruk

pinkspideruk Active Member

apparanrtly its quite common to vom lol

cast mmebers at disney get a discount at the space sky diving centre (near space kennedy) costs like $250ish for dvd/photos and sky dive :)

I did both mine whilst on the programme. Pretty much every cm i knew out there tried sky diving its one of those things you just do lol

some people liked it so much they did it a few times - when i was there there was a group of orwegian girls who went weekly and got their certs so they could dive on their own

3. Chari21

Chari21 New Member

Mine wasn't that original but I loved it all the same. Because I have pale skin (which NEVER tans) and dark hair and tend to wear dark clothes I got called Winona (Ryder). I was also dating a guy from the British Invasion which is obviously the Beatles band. So my lasses name was Beatlejuice. In fact I am currently wearing my lasses shirt hahaha.

4. morrs084

morrs084 New Member

Yeah almost everyone i knew did it.. i never did though. Wanted too.. but i was on podium all year and couldn't really afford it. Hopfully changing that this time around.

5. Dandan

Dandan New Member

Hahaaa I'm actually laughing here. Silly Americans, duh! I remember when I was at Disney last summer I overheard some debating whether Tower of Terror was actually a hotel or a ride. I was actually staring at them in disbelief - or queuing for Toy Story "there's only an hour and twenty minute wait now!" um, no sweetheart that's a 120 minute wait. They do make me giggle sometimes. No disrespect of course :D

6. Chari21

Chari21 New Member

Some of the CMs from the Haunted Mansion told us this one:
    Someone tried to take Disney to court because of an injury sustained on the haunted mansion. Apparently the "lift" (or elavator as they know it) at the beginning of the ride caused them whiplash....it doesn't actually move - it's a stretching room, not a lift....idiots.

7. Dandan

Dandan New Member

Ha! That really doesn't surprise me, it's seems like American culture to file a lawsuit against anything that might earn them a few bucks. I bet they actually got it too! :D

8. abnorman

abnorman New Member

This guest may have heard about the Disneyland version, which IS a lift. They should've done more research!

9. Chari21

Chari21 New Member

Yeah, that's what the CMs said. People just assume that all attractions are the same in each location I guess... Hahaha.

10. morrs084

morrs084 New Member

Haha its soo true! I remember at Cast Services in Epcot, in their parking lot they have stop signs everywhere.. like an un necessary amount. Like there's a fence all on the right side and the only way you can go is left.. and there's a stop sign. It's one way.. and there's no other traffic. I asked once why there were so many and it's apparently because the Americans have to cover their asses any way they can. They sue over anything.. so they put stop signs EVERYWHERE!!

11. CazzieAnwyn

CazzieAnwyn New Member

I have a no entry sign in my bedroom, because I thought they had 3 to many, so I made it go down to 2. Was kinda awkward walking home with it, and sitting on the bus with it XD

I dont see the point in suing over everything, if its a one way road, whats the point? Gah If your not prepared to take the blame when its your own fault you shouldn't drive... Or do anything if your just looking to point the blame to someone.

12. morrs084

morrs084 New Member

haha yes.. but the american culture is trained to sue anyone for anything. I don't think it's because they don't want to take the blame, i think it's more to see how much money they can get off of it.

13. pinkspideruk

ooh just reminded me of something :)

When I was assigning one day I was at podium chatting to greeter and this enormously fat older woman (in her 50s) took the curb at an angle in her fat mobile (ECV) and it tilted and because she was so overweight her weight swung it over and she landed on the floor on her side.

As she fell in slow motion and yelled ooohhhh shhheeeeeeeeeetttt i was suddenly voercome with giggles and couldnt breath to radio for a manager so I went to find one. Anyways the manager came out walked to the woman and her party (she was still on the floor!!!) and stood about 2 foot away with her arms behind her back and was like "Ma'am are you ok?" The woman said she was so the manager just stood there and watched her family get he rback up and on her machine. You are not allowed to touch a guest who has had an accident - you can offer assistance or call someone but you can't touch them in case you make their injury worse.

If a child is lost you are not allowed to offer them anything in case they have an allergy and you are supposed to make sure there are two of you as you wander round looking for fmaily and make sure someone has informed security

14. Chari21

Chari21 New Member

Hahahahaha that is absolutely hilarious!!! I would have been useless in that situation!

We had a couple of fainters and a woman who was so drunk she wet herself (in lovely white trousers) but nothing nearly as funny as that!!!

15. morrs084

morrs084 New Member

I had a friend who worked in F & B with me, but on his last contract he was in Attractions. One day there was this elderish lady who went into the show and the lighting in the waiting area isn't the best, but it's not that bad. Well apparently the lady went to sit down on the bench, but missed it because of the lighting.. so my friend went over and asked if she was alright.. she said yes.. and then he asked a few seconds later are you sure you're alright? you don't need me to call anyone. And then a few seconds later he asked one final time. (supposedly you're supposed to ask them 3 times.. but i don't really remember) she said yes to all of them. And before the end of his shift he was called down to the front of the park because this lady wanted to press charges against him and the attraction. It amused me.

16. kanga-rooney

kanga-rooney Member

Well working at the Disney Store over Christmas may have prepped me a little for dealing with the guests at WDW!

People and christmas shopping are MENTAL! Why do people find it necessary to shout at you for things that aren't your fault? By far my favourite was a guy who I came back to help after helping another guest & he started shouting at me loudly infront of kids how I was racist, the store was racist & Disney is racist; why? Because we had no Princess Tiana's only "white dolls out!" & he wanted a black doll for his black niece, which is fair enough, but he came in with a chip on his shoulder & the first thing he said was " I want a black doll..." So I knew I was in for a good time!! He ranted on & on for a good 5 minutes too about how it was all so very racist lol...We have no Princess Jasmine's or Pochantas dolls but I don't kick up a fuss, but sometimes people just need to make others feel small to feel better. My sarcastic reply made me feel a little bit smug though & lucky my managers are awesome & would of backed me up...

17. morrs084

morrs084 New Member

haah that's really funny! Its true though, be prepared for all of that. Ruining Christmas'/New Years.. peoples vacations because you can't get them into your restaurant for firework viewing. haha
    You'll quickly learn to hate us over in Canada.. we send all of our upset guests to you guys and tell them you'll have a table waiting.

18. pinkspideruk

hahaha and we then tell them that germany always has tables available and send them across to them :p

19. disney-dude

disney-dude New Member

oh Ellie, i like that game, just keep rotating them round the 'world' ha ha, of course if any official Disney/agency people are listening I would never do that, I would find any way possible to get them a table - and make their dreams come true :)

20. pinkspideruk

haha Rob - actually Germany usually does have tables cos a. its massive and b. they fill the tables completely - in germany its buffet food and you sit at a table with other people tables seat like 8/10 people and they fill them with 2/3 parties :D

I quite like eating in the biergarten and they have this german band performing too playing bells and horns and stuff