CRP Historical Research Centre

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by Cinderella90, Sep 4, 2013.

1. Cinderella90

Cinderella90 New Member

Hi!
    I am wondering if there is anyone else here who has applied for this?
    I have had my phone interview and received my email yesterday inviting me to the next stage but that is not until NOVEMBER!!!
    So would love to find people in the same boat :)

2. xSarahLizx

xSarahLizx New Member

Hi there!
    I'm not a recent applicant.. but I've done the CRP for HRC before and am actually going back in December.
    Just wanted to say of you, or anyone else, have any questions about HRC then please feel free to message me :)
    Did you want HRC rather than F&B or Merchandise? x

3. DisneyKid93

DisneyKid93 New Member

Hello :)

I have just applied for the CRP and I must say I don't really know what it is that the HRC does ? there are so many blogs and vlogs about f & B and merch but nothing really about HRC .. was just wondering if you could explain to me a little bit about what it is you did, the pay grade, housing ( is it the same as other CRPers? ???), hours of work and just give me a little in sight of the life of a HRC CRP :)

Thanks so much :)
    Nicola
    xxx

4. ScottishJen

ScottishJen Member

The HRC is the Historical Research Centre, it's in beside the other stores but if you are on the HRC you can only work there and not in any other stores. It's not Disney owned so there's quite a lot of difference between that and merch/F&B. You get free entry to the parks but don't get maingate passes to let in guests for free, you're not paid the same, you're rent is higher and you can't get Disney medical insurance. It's known as an operating participant. Some people struggle with this, it really depends on how much you want to be here. If you are willing to do this then I would recommend saving as much money as you can before getting here so that you can still make the most of it.

5. Cinderella90

Cinderella90 New Member

You make it sound so grim!
    I've read other stuff that doesn't make it sound so terrible!

6. ScottishJen

ScottishJen Member

That's the harsh side of it, we were talking about it the other day at work and we all felt the same - that when they offered it to us as an option at the interviews, they sugar coated it. The HRC is the only co-op participant in the UK pavilion but there's plenty more people in the World Showcase (ie at the French pavilion) that are in the same situation. You don't technically work for Disney, so you don't get Disney benefits. Howeverrrr.... not everyone loves their job, no matter where they work. As long as you can see it as a job and not get caught up in the differences then you can still have a good time. You're still working at Disney World, living in housing and you can enter the parks for free. If the financial thing isn't going to be a big problem for you then it might be the ideal situation for someone.