Custodial ???? Is that what i think ?

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World College Program' started by Dav, May 17, 2006.

1. Dav

Dav New Member

Hi every body i've been just receive my package and ouff i will be a lifeguard but a friend of mine will be in custodial .
    I remember that it's about trash lol when u clean the floor or things like that but i'm not sure .
    So for her please say me that it's not that .

2. Dannii

Dannii New Member

100 points for the candidate ;D

Dani

3. brynna87

brynna87 New Member

there are guys who just walk around the parks with a broom and dustpan and sweep the ground. They make sure there is no litter anywhere. He could be doing that.

4. Gem

Gem New Member

My bf was custodial in the magic kingdom and he loved it and the majority of my friends where custodial in MGM. Yeah they do walk round wiv a dustpan and broom and sweep up, but they'll do trash runss, clean up after parades, if they are really lucky they will have the walkie talkie for the day. My boyfriend loved it coz he got to walk down Mainstreet all the time and interact wiv guests the most and he got to be in the sunshine all day (git) u wanna honest answer?Custodial is what you make of it....my bf like i said had a brill time coz he made loads of friends so they walk in twos n threes n talk, then my other friend wasn't too keen, but she's a lil drama queen who had too much energy, but she used to love talking to the kids, its gonna be what u make of it really, alot of my friends think custodial rocks coz managers weren't on their backs all the time as they were wanderin round their section gettin on with the'r jobs

5. Niquila

Niquila New Member

Hey

I'm gonna be doing custodial. I wasn't too impressed about it at first coz obviously I didn't like the idea of sweeping streets, cleaning toilets etc, but I've heard a lot of good things about it + am now quite glad I'm doing it. You get to walk around the parks all day instead of just staying in one place + it's the job with the most guest interaction, which has to be better than just doing the same thing all day every day. + of course there's the added bonus of being in the sun all day + getting a tan 8)

Loadsa love
    Nicola
    xxx

6. LisaMouse

LisaMouse New Member

Hiya Guys. Im going to be doing custodial when i arrive and i have to say it was my first choice. You all prob think that im crazy to want to be the general dogs body as im refering to it. But the thing that first attracted me to it was the fact that even though im cleaning the parks ill be able to walk around all day in the sun so perfect opp for the tan, but also im going to get to speak to all the guests and interact with everyone rather than just be put in one place all summer. So im really looking forward to it now, only 3 weeks to go! Im so excited. See you all so soon. xxx

7. Niquila

Niquila New Member

Hey Lisa

I've finally found another custodial person! When do you go + where are you from?

Loadsa love
    Nicola
    xxx

8. craiggg

craiggg New Member

Hey Guys!

Custodial here too! yey ;D I'm actually really looking forward to it now! I've been talking to different people who are custodial's, and they have all said how great the freedom is, walk around talking to people and things like that.

Also one girl was saying how, her best memory of Disney, was when she was a little girl, and a custodial cast member came up to her just before the parade, and asked her if she wanted to be in it... She then went to the parade part, off stage, and told one of the managers she was related to someone famous, and she and her mum got to walk in the parade! How cool is that!

We have the power to make awesome Disney memories ;D I was also told that there is a 'take 5' rule, where if it's 'dooable' within 5 mins, do it for a guest! like get another ice cream if someone drops it, or something like that, which we all heard about in the presentation anyway :D

Anywho, so yea, i'm looking forward to it now, plus one of the things thats got me excited is that apparantly, if you work a shift when the park is shut, you get to ride a custodial go-cart and have a preassure washer lol! How cool is that!

Well, hope this helps all you other custodial future Cast members!

Craig.

9. LisaMouse

LisaMouse New Member

Hi Nicola,

Im going on the 11th June

Im from Portsmouth uk

Wanna add me to ure msn? lisabinding86@hotmail.com

Love Lisa
    xxx

10. craiggg

craiggg New Member

Cool, i'm June 11th too!

11. LisaMouse

LisaMouse New Member

Hey Craig wgats ure email addy? add me to ure msn? XXX

12. craiggg

craiggg New Member

13. ben1986

ben1986 New Member

Any May 30th Custodial knockin' about here, perchance?!

*ponders*

Ben.. not long now