Dance auditions???

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by Sarz, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Sarz

Sarz New Member

Hi,
    I'm going to be part of the ICP in Jan 2011 and I was just wondering of anyone knows if it is possible to audition for dance roles once there? There are often dance auditions in Florida listed on disneyauditions.com and I wasn't sure if cast members were allowed to audition.
    Also any other dancers here hoping to do some dancing while in Orlando??
    Thanks,
    Sarah

2. Ka_disney

Ka_disney New Member

hey I was wondering about the same thing because I am super keen to dance in the parade or sth...
    I asked about it in the interview and Jeni said character performance might allow you to dance during parades sometimes but still gna b in one of those massive costume (like minnie mouse etc) other times.
    I am not comfortable being in one of those costume so I didnt apply for the position, and get quick service food and beverage instead. What position did you get and when r u goin to Disney?

3. cowza

cowza New Member

Unfortunately it is not possible unless you have US work authorisation. Your visa from Disney won't count because that is for a specific type of job as part of their 'internship agreement'.

The dancers at disney are employed through an agreement through equity. If it's something you're interested in I would suggest disneyland paris or disney cruise line. I suggest getting in touch with someone in entertainment casting while you are there and it's a possibility they might even allow you to audition in Orlando. The same people tend to organise these auditions worldwide...

4. Ka_disney

Ka_disney New Member

thanks i will look into it once im there :)

5. Sarz

Sarz New Member

Thanks for that! I will look into it!