Day one?

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World College Program' started by porcelain779, Nov 18, 2007.

1. porcelain779

porcelain779 New Member

Hey I was just wondering, on the night that you arrive and the next morning umm you wont have been to the shops so you wont have any food for breakfast or dinner....how does this all work or is it supplied for like your first day?

2. Jorden

Jorden New Member

The first morning you get a VERY basic breakfast. Also if you arrive early enough the first day you can go shopping.

3. porcelain779

porcelain779 New Member

Ahh cheers...basic breakfast sounds fine to me, what is it vegemite on toast? or peanut butter and jelly on toast or is that too elaborate?

4. Bryce

Bryce New Member

I've been wondering about what actually happens on the first few days too.
    Anybody know where there is a breakdown of a typical first few days?

5. Nickie Mouse

Nickie Mouse New Member

i dont remember exactly but the first day we went to our housing then to walmart cus its 24 hours. the net day we had to get up early an went to vista way to fill out paperwork an i think we went to ucf that day aswell to fill out more forms. the next day we got out job info an had the disney look check haha then the next few days is like traditions and training and classes in your specific areas. i didnt have any days off inbetween i went straight from traditions an all that to my job but a lot of people ended up with like 3or4 days of nothing before thier job training started.

6. Bryce

Bryce New Member

So Traditions and the job-training will probably last over a week? We're only there for 10 weeks. :p

Also, when are you supposed to wear the 'nice' clothes - just to Traditions, or to all the organising/training?

Thanks,
    Bryce

7. Nickie Mouse

Nickie Mouse New Member

if ur only there 10 weeks then u prob wont have the days off like we did. if yournot going to a uni while u are there then u will be doing disney stuff the whole time whereas we had to go to fill out school paperwork. it will prob last like 3 or 4 days. i think it also matters where u work i was in magic kingdomoperations so we had 2 days of class one called 'be our guest' and one 'for our guest' where we went around the park etc so i guess if u are in a resort or something then u wont have that.

8. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

Also it depends on where you work to how long your training is. When I worked in the Bakery in MK, the training was 7 days (not including Once Upon a Time is Now and all my F&B classes!), but when I headed to the Jungle it was only 4 days (as well as Be Our Guest and For Our Guest, which I must say, I loved!).

9. Bryce

Bryce New Member

So you get paid for all the training from Traditions on...
    Is that right?

Do you wear your costumes to and from work (with a jacket?), or do you have to get changed at work and put your clothes in a locker?

Bryce

10. MegD

MegD New Member

Most people wear their costumes to work :)

11. Tiddelypom

Tiddelypom New Member

While we're on the subject of costumes, if you pick up a shift elsewhere in the World, how do you get a costume? Just hope there's one your size?

12. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

You go into costuming, get the costume, and when they scan it out it should say you're allowed one....if it doesn't either make sure you print out your extra hours confirmation to take with you, or just tell them.

Thats how I got hold of the Hall of Presidents costume even though I didn't work there! :D

13. disneydreamer

disneydreamer New Member

does that mean on the icp we'd go straight to the job and not have the days off before?

14. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

it depends... some people had a couple of days off, where as last time my first day off was about 11 days after i arrived.

15. disneydreamer

disneydreamer New Member

wow straight into it, must be so knackering

16. Jay1988

Jay1988 New Member

Last year it was about a week or a lil more untill we were gettin trained, traditions and the other stuff, takes a while, and it depends on what day of the week you arive, its all 2 schedule ect, when i was training i got loads of days off while others worked more than me, it depends what you do aswell. Its a lil unpredictable.

17. disneydreamer

disneydreamer New Member

litte bit of variety for everyone then i guess!

18. Kevus

Kevus New Member

we went to traditions that friday when we arrived on the tuesday