DCL staff 2011-2012

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Discussion' started by bekahkiley, Oct 2, 2011.

1. tommo2189

tommo2189 New Member

I just found out that I will be flying out on December 14th to join the Disney magic on the 17th.

Got my medical and visa on the 01/11/11

anyone else heard any news yet?

2. tayyy

tayyy Guest

congrats tennis tom!! lol

had my medical yesterday!! did anyone elses doctors office not really know what to do with all of the paperwork?? the receptionist and nurse just kept going back and forth about faxing and signing off on different stuff. i'm like UM. THIS BETTER GET TO DISNEY!

here's to hoping we all find out soon!!!! :)

3. bekahkiley

bekahkiley New Member

Haha, yes Tay the same thing happened to me last Friday, I ended up getting to the doctors office and while they had my paperwork there already they had no appointment on file for me! I was there from 9 AM to 1 PM, then they didn't really know what to do...I got a call last night saying that NMS (the people who set up the appt) never got my photo id copy but everything else was all set to go.

What a process! ha. I'm sure it will all be good to go though!

4. tayyy

tayyy Guest

WOW! i thought i had it bad! your experience sounds genuinely irritating! i got there at 7:55 for my 8:00 appointment (and for me that is running late) and i was locked out of the office until 8:30 because it wasn't even open and no one was there! i showed up before the receptionist, the nurse, and the doctor.... cool.... then i wasn't seen until 9:30 because of all the paperwork.... and then my best friend (who i brought for moral support since i don't like needles AT ALL) casually tells the receptionist how petrified i am and she goes "...what are you talking about, she doesn't need a blood test." so i argued for a good 5 minutes that i did and then finally she goes, oh, yeah you do.......

and then the icing on the cake was them being incompetent with all the paperwork in the end. i'm thinking of calling them tomorrow and asking to see if it all went through okay...... but i don't want to be a pain in the ass.......

now i guess we all just wait.....

5. bekahkiley

bekahkiley New Member

It is a good idea to call to follow up for sure...I did that too, it takes 2-3 business days to get there and have the doctor at NMS look it over though just so you know.

But at least it is the last step! Like you said, now we wait.

6. Catefran90

Catefran90 New Member

I got an email from national medical last night saying that they forwarded to disney...sooooo I hope they at least call me and let me know that I passed!! I haven't heard anything from anyone in a while! It makes me so nervous!!

7. nicki1404

nicki1404 New Member

sounds like you guys had a nightmare at the medical! Mine was fine, but being from UK we had to choose one of a few specified centers, so had a posh one in london so they knew what they were doing! but we have to go through the visa process and go to the embassy etc!
    all paper work done now! im going on the Fantasy to launch it, just waiting on an actual start date now! :) X
    hope everyone hears soon! :) X

8. EGGFACE

EGGFACE New Member

i have exactly the same at Nicki ^_^ my medical went smooth, i just had to go to my local doctor a couple weeks later to get a booster MMR and some more bloods done cos i have low iron intake and stuff, but its all fine and dandy now!!
    cos im going for the launch of the fantasy its ment that ive not received any emails or ANYTHING for the last 2-3 weeks cos theres no news i need to be updated with. . .it does get a little frustrating when you see everyone else getting leaving dates etc, i just want ONE email being all OH HEY EMILY and thats it haha.

SUCH.A.LONG.PROCESS!! (totally worth it tho :D)

9. Daveinwonderland

Daveinwonderland New Member

I have got my interview next week and i am really nervous/excited! Did you guys mention your interest for the Fantasy in your interviews? I would love to say something, but without restricting my application, because realistically i'd love to work on any ship lol but just wondered if they ask your preference or anything?

10. bekahkiley

bekahkiley New Member

Hey Dave,

While I know the Fantasy is your "dream" ship to be on, I wouldn't recommend saying you prefer that ship, say that you are excited about it have looked at it online, or request a start date close to the start date of others on this board going to the Fantasy perhaps. I say this because they will emphasize at the interviews the importance of flexibility, and it may not be best to start your Disney career by asking them for something upfront ;)

11. EGGFACE

EGGFACE New Member

personally i didnt mention anything about wanting to work on the fantasy atall in my interview, and i even said that i was able to work ASAP (i got offered a date for this month but they cancled that date and offered me the launch of the fantasy), but during my phone interview we talked about my interests and my background links up to this offer they gave me.

dont go lying about things cos it might backfire on you, cos any disney boat is better than no disney boat atall :)

good luck in your interview, what position are you applying for? xx

12. Daveinwonderland

Daveinwonderland New Member

Hey,

Yeah i wasn't actually planning on requesting anything like that in my interview lol sorry if it came across that way, i just wanted to ask if they did ask you guys about a preference or anything along those lines? Just to get an idea?
    I would love to work on any ship, i have applied for Food & Beverage :)
    I have not long come back from my CRP, so i have an idea about the what working for Disney is like, although i know the Disney Cruise Line is separate and a lot more challenging than the parks!

Thank you though, any advice is appreciated as i know you guys have been through it already! :)

13. Catefran90

Catefran90 New Member

Anyone get any news? I didn't hear anything!

14. tayyy

tayyy Guest

no news :( looks like being patient is none of our strong points lol

daveinwonderland-- i know my friend tom (tommo2189) got asked his preference AFTER he already got the job; he requested the magic and recently got his embark date for the magic... so maybe it depends on the position or the agency how they do it... but from what i've been told it's more about where disney needs you at the time, not really what you want to do. i'm sure they may take it into consideration, but can't always fulfill everyone's desires... as far as the interview goes, the one thing i found helpful was knowing their fleet. i'm sure it depends on the department, but i know i got asked some questions particular to the fantasy, so knowing in advance definitely helped. maybe if they mention anything just say you keep up to date on the disney cruise news website, but then again like eggface said, don't go lying... but showing genuine interest is different they actually asking or showing a preference.... and sounding like you've done your research can't hurt!

15. bekahkiley

bekahkiley New Member

Well I got the call this morning, they are asking me to leave next week for the Magic and I am going! Please follow my blog roamingrebekkah.tumblr.com ... Patience paid off!

16. Emily

Emily New Member

Fantastic news!!! Congratulations! Have a great time on the Magic and good luck this week!

17. tayyy

tayyy Guest

CONGRATS!! all the waiting finally paid off!! have a great time!! :)

18. bekahkiley

bekahkiley New Member

Thank you! I will be sure to keep you all updated as much as I can and hopefully the res of you waiting get word this week too!

19. tayyy

tayyy Guest

hope the rest of us get some great news this week!! :) i'm beyond impatient/excited/anxious!!

20. bekahkiley

bekahkiley New Member

Okay so this is urgent, I haven't had time to get my dress shoes seeing as I go on vacation tomorrow then I head to Orlando for training. And only had a weeks notice to prepare to leave... Will these shoes be good to go? http://www.zappos.com/product/7678286/color/3 I already have them but I didn't know if the wingtip design will be okay.