DCL staff 2011-2012

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Discussion' started by bekahkiley, Oct 2, 2011.

1. tommo2189

tommo2189 New Member

Kirsty- I am from the UK and have just completed the whole process for applying so any questions you wanna ask then feel free to message me. It is quite straight forward but there are a few things that I had to ask my friend who previously worked with DCL helped me with.

I have a start date and ship and now I am just waiting to get clearance from my medical. I depart on the 14th of december to start working on the Disney Magic! Really cant wait now!!

Good luck to everyone else who is waiting!

2. bkavli

bkavli New Member

Got word today that my medical has been sent to Disney.

Maybe I will hear something soon!!!

3. Emily

Emily New Member

I just sent my medical in too! I wonder how long it will be until we get more information! So exciting!

4. shanie64btz

shanie64btz New Member

Hi guys!
    Just to let you know I've got the job as well! :) Pretty happy about that!
    Though in the email I received today they say "we'll call you next week to let you know what is next" ... So I guess I have to wait a little bit more! :)

5. Catefran90

Catefran90 New Member

Congrats guys!! I sent in my medical a couple weeks ago and they say that the next time they get in touch with you is with your ship date! I sure hope you all don't have to wait as long as I do!! Haha I def feel this is the hardest part because there is nothing left to prepare for or distract you!! Let's hope we all hear something very very soon!!

6. tayyy

tayyy Guest

completely agree, caitlyn! i, of course, couldn't take "no news as good news" as a good enough answer and e-mailed the agency yesterday because i was concerned some people were getting emails about their medical going to disney and i did not.... but of course, she said if you haven't heard from them that means everything is good. more waiting, waiting, and waiting.

i know we say this every week, but here's to some good news this coming week guys! lol

7. IslandSong21

IslandSong21 New Member

Catefran90 and tayyy
    Hi! Where did you interview and how long have you been waiting? I'm from the US, but I interviewed in Toronto in September and was hired as a merchandise hostess. I did my background check and medical in September as well, and have been waiting ever since. Like you, every Monday morning I get my hopes up for an e-mail!!

8. lydisney

lydisney New Member

Hi guys, i'm at uni at the moment finishing in May, i've had lots of experience in customer service and would love to work on board, does any one know how i would go about applying for this kind of work? On their website it seems like you need years of experience before they take you on =(

9. tayyy

tayyy Guest

islandsong-- I first had a phone interview with sixthstar, it's an agency out of fort lauderdale. then i had a skype interview with someone actually from disney, so i never had to travel anywhere for my interview. i got hired oct 1, and all my stuff has been finished since oct 19. so i haven't been waiting as long as a lot of people have but it's still hard! i got hired for merch too!!

lydisney-- dcljobs.com has all the information... i've heard normally they look for a minimum of two years experience. your best bet is sending a resume, cover letter, and photo of yourself (my agency asked for it so you might as well, it could save you an extra email...) to the agency it provides on the website... it also depends what country you are in. a bunch of people post on here mostly from the us, canada, and the uk, i'm sure they have helpful information specific to the country!

10. Catefran90

Catefran90 New Member

I also had my interview in September in Toronto but I was the second day! There were only four of us and we had a whole audition on top of the interview with scripts and dances and all sorts of fun things. I keep telling people the only thing on my wish list this year is a ship date. I feel like people don't think that I actually got the job and it's hard to keep telling them I dont know!!

11. IslandSong21

IslandSong21 New Member

Omg I know! When I found out I got the job, I told everyone one I know (and pretty much bragged about it on facebook!), and now like 2 months later its so awkward when people ask me when i'm leaving, haha. It's so great to know i'm not the only one!! I got really freaked out reading some people were being told right after their interview that they got the job and could they fly out the following week. I also emailed me recruiter (I used cast-a-way) asking if they had any news for me and secretly reminding them that i'm still waiting lol.

12. tayyy

tayyy Guest

i know exactly what you mean! i can't leave until january because i'm graduating in december but it's still really weird when people are like what ship are you going to be on?! when are you leaving!? and all i can say is ............NOT SURE YET! i just keep saying TRUST ME. YOU WILL KNOW WHEN I KNOW. YOU WILL HEAR ME SCREAMING. the poor agency probably wants to just throw a ship date on me now just so i leave her alone!
    i'm so glad i'm not the only one that's waiting around quite impatiently!!

where in the u.s. are you from, islandsong??

13. lydisney

lydisney New Member

tayy - Have you managed to get a job with dcl straight from uni? that's what i'm hoping but i'm worried I don't have the experience since i'll be fresh outta uni...

14. IslandSong21

IslandSong21 New Member

I'm from New Jersey, where are you from? I completely understand! I mean I can leave right away, I put asap on my application but even if there isn't a spot open for me right now, it would be nice if they could give me an idea of when there will be. For example " we will have a space open for you in February, as the month approaches we can give you an exact date" or something like that. Just I don't have to check my email 20 times a day until then, you know?

15. IslandSong21

IslandSong21 New Member

and I totally agree that EVERYONE will hear me scream when I find out where/when i'm going!! So embarrassing but I even answer every "unknown" phone call on the caller id, because I think it might be Disney! Hahaha

16. Catefran90

Catefran90 New Member

I'm from Atlantic city!!!! Thats so funny that you are from jersey too!!

17. IslandSong21

IslandSong21 New Member

NO WAY!! I'm from Absecon!!!

18. tayyy

tayyy Guest

islandsong-- i'm from south florida, a few hours from disney world! lol

lydisney-- yeah i did basically get it straight out of uni! i'm graduating a semester early and wanted to do dcl for a while now. so once i got the approval by my academic adviser that i definitely would be graduating in december, i applied! this was back in september. i didn't want to apply too early and jinx it, you know? so i put january as my availability too, just to be safe.

19. Catefran90

Catefran90 New Member

NO WAY!! I am actually from smithville but no one ever knows where that is! Lol. That is So weird!!

20. shanie64btz

shanie64btz New Member

Hey guys,

Just wanted to update you ... I had a call today from the agency I went through to apply (French one), they confirmed that I got the job (Guest Services) and the person on the phone explained to me that they currently don't have ANY departure date yet but they will between 1 and 4 weeks. She also mentionned that I don't have to go through medical yet since I don't have any departure date.
    I'm employed at the moment and putted January 15th as my earliest availability but she also asked if I could get there for the holidays, would that bother me and stuff.
    By reading all of you here all I can see is that it is SO different to be hired in America then Europe.
    Hopefully we'll see each other soon ;)