December 2nd Crowd Update

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by citywalk, Aug 21, 2008.

1. freddy

freddy New Member

hello to everybody!!! how is living there?
    finally I've received my petiton form

2. Tino_Bambino

Tino_Bambino Member

lol hey rach, well there is Myself, Kate, and Amy. lol we feel its best to surprise u 3 who you'll be trained by! All three of us are COMPLETELY different altho me and kate are a married couple so we'll compare notes lmao!

cnt wait for u kids to come!
    woop woop
    btw missy u a scouser? coz if thats the case im worried my scouse accents gna come out lol
    xoxo

3. Rachel2310

Rachel2310 New Member

cnt wait for u kids to come!
    woop woop
    btw missy u a scouser? coz if thats the case im worried my scouse accents gna come out lol
    xoxo
    [/quote]

Not really.... although people who dont no me think i have a twang of scouse in me. But I'm originally from Manchester so my accent is pretty mixed up.

I can't believe this time in a week i'll be there.....!! Not looking forward too the 9 hour flight at all. I still haven't started packing really either.... and i've still not changed any money. It's all going to be a last minute rushed job.
    ::)

4. A7adragon

A7adragon New Member

5. disneyprincess87

disneyprincess87 New Member

Hey guys!

Sorry I've been MIA, this getting ready to go business is hard work! I've been packing for about a week now, mainly because for every item I put into my suitcase, I throw 2 more out of it and go round in a big packing circle!

Clark - I didn't realsie you were having an op, I hope you're well and recovered now and that it all went well. I just booked a car for one day (yes I know it's short but we only get there a day early and thought it would be fun!). I went though www.usrentacar.co.uk
    I chose an intermediate with 4 doors and included a young persons waiver for £5, it was £40 in total, but that was gold rate, with all insurance/tank of fuel etc. Oh, don't forget to take the paper part of your driving licence - my mum forgot hers once and they wouldn't accept just the card!

Claire and Sam - I can't wait for our little seat booking paty on Sunday! Any ideas where we should sit? And Sam, I did understand your message, funny as they were!! I completely understand. I am now having a dilemma with Ben as he probably won't come to the airport :( He says he doesn't want to see me get pset and for himelf to then get upset etc etc. But I REALLY want him there. How the bleep can I get him to go without being selfish and mean?!

Bloody men! lol

Anyway, hope everyone else is having fun packing! I'm off to the dentist now for my last check up ;D xxxx

6. Rachel2310

Rachel2310 New Member

Kirsty... I don't think i can handle this packing business either. I never realised how many clothes i actually have. I should be more ruthless but i keep thinking i might need EVERY little bit. I've not even packed my toiletries or towel yet and already my case is overflowing! I dont think i can bare too unpack it again and start from the beginning but i think ill have too.
    Maybe i'll just leave it till monday...!!!

Ahhh i keep dreaming about disney aswel.... i had a dream the other night i lasted two weeks and got terminated. I hope too god that dream doesnt come true.....!!!!

7. citywalk

citywalk New Member

I have booked a compact from USrentacar £176 including ydp for a week. I used them 3 times before. Will probably upgrade to a convertible though when at the desk :)

Still havent starting packing.

Am I making this up or did I read somewhere we need business attire for the university? I have no idea what to wear if this is true. Wait just read the info pack. And yes we do need business attire for orientation. Trousers and shirt, shoes blah blah. which sucks. Trousers and Florida dont mix!!! Plus my shoes are a state and I didnt wanna buy any until I knew what to get.

I haven't slept in days. Didnt sleep Tuesday night and then last night a friends of ours was trapped inside the Taj Mahal Palace when gunmen took it over in Mumbai, im sure you have seen the stories! He was on the fifth floor on the side of the building that was on fire. He finally got out a 8.30. But I spent the night watching the news.

Had christmas dinner tonight :D that was fun. Kinda weird pulling crackers on November 27th. Its my fiancee's birthday tomorrow or rather today (Friday). So her bday will be spent packing my bag as we all head down to Dublin on Saturday. My flight is Sunday 6.40am DUB - LGW and then Virgin VS27 to Orlando.

Nervous - Check
    Excited - Check
    Sad - Double Check

8. Tino_Bambino

Tino_Bambino Member

hey guyz yeh traditions you'll need jst smart business. so shirt tie and trousers. trust me clark you'll need the trousers plus a jacket. itys getting cold here people so either bring stuff with you or get ready to swollow your pride and by one here!
    all of you have a safe journey and enjoy your last few days! we'll all be here to meet and greet u newbies!
    muahahaha!
    x

9. citywalk

citywalk New Member

???

Dam its 4 degrees here ;D

I don't think I have any trousers packed. I'll have to check. Oh and I need to polish my shoes! That I superglued together lol. Nearly bought new shoes today but don't no what ones to get.

10. disneyprincess87

disneyprincess87 New Member

When they say it's getting cold, it's blatantly still far hotter han it is here! I was up at 5am this morning to milk some cows (my friend's, not just random ones!) and it was less than 0 degrees!! I've decided to buy myself a jacket when I'm there as I don't actually own anything other than my big winter coat.

Clark - I hope you have a good trip to Florida. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. It's not been the smoothest couple of weeks for you has it! But don't worry, that's all about to change as you get to the magical world of Disney!

I had the worst night's sleep last night, I just kept thinking about how it was one of my last nights in my big snuggly double bed :(

At the oment it doesn't feel like I'm going anywhere but occassionaly I have this quick flash of panic at the thought of leaving my home town for a whoe year. But then it soon passes and I'm filled with excitement!

See you all soon, I hope everyone has a safe flight/journey over to Florida. This is going to be a great year!!

11. xxlora_182xx

xxlora_182xx New Member

hey guys!! cant believe this time last year this was me packing all my last things ready to go!
    im so jealous ur about to have the best year of your life!
    Im currently on an extension so i will be there for a week or 2 while ur here.. so i may see some of u!
    Im a server in food an bev!
    When people say its cold.. honest to go guys coming from someone who came out here same time as u..
    It gets FREEZING at night.. so much so we were outside and u could see your breath!
    so remember to bring coats etc.. u wont need them much after feb-nov..
    dont pack to much u can buy everything over here!!
    anyway see u guys in a few days.

12. Timitu

Timitu New Member

Hey everyone. "All my begs are packed and I am ready to go..." Unfortunately I am not standing outside anyones door. LOL.

Anyway I leave in a few hours. I get into Florida around 12:55pm (Dec. 2nd) and they have me down for arriving at Vista for 2pm on Dec. 2nd. But I am getting picked up by a friend of mine who did the program 21 years ago and still working at Disney. LOL. But she has a meeting so I might be later then that.

I am bring my Cell Phone from Canada. If you guys want to have a get together, send me a text if you can. Or get a friend from the US or who has a US cell phone to send a text to it. And we can meet up. (I will add my phone number on facebook.)

Anyway this is the last you will probably hear from me till we are meeting up. So everyone have a safe trip. And see you soon. :)

13. Timitu

Timitu New Member

PS... apparently I am in The Commons appartment: 1633 I take it. My friend has roommate problems so she requested I get in with her. And apparently it worked so that is where I will be. I am just about to go get on the train. See you all soon.

14. Rachel2310

Rachel2310 New Member

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! 1 DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. citywalk

citywalk New Member

Wahey!

Im here. I arrived yesterday. Its bloody cold! Whats up with that! I remember being in the pool on Christmas day one year in Florida.

Anyway. Im at the Grand Hyatt beside Downtown disney. Its a massive resort. I really could do with a few more days here! There's free bike rental, boats, canoes, pitch and putt, jogging track, 2 pools, a slide, a nature walk etc. Not including the tennis courts and golf course. phew.....

Just trying to decide what to do next. I got up at 12.30am. After sleeping for 12 hours. I was knackered. It turned up to be a 25 hr day for me. Not including the fact I didnt go to bed until 3am the night before travelling and was up at 4am! So it was actually really more of a matter of over 40 hrs with no sleep.

I have the car so I think I'll hit the shops and get some things I no I will need.

See y'all tomorrow. I think i'll go to vista at about 14.00.

16. hen87hels

hen87hels New Member

Good luck to you all and have a safe journey!!!

17. gregory26

gregory26 New Member

are we all going out to Dinner tonight?? Havent heard anything, Im extension 6732 though....excited to meet everyone!

18. citywalk

citywalk New Member

Few problems with my apartment. My 1 bedroom apartment in Patterson ;D

1. Water smells like rotten eggs
    2. Phone has no dialing tone
    3. Fridge and freezer not cold
    4. Its 00.20 and I still have no room mate!
    5. You have to lock 2 doors to lock the bathroom. Im bound to forget.

And aren't these beds rock hard! I spent $50 on a memory foam topper but its not making much difference. Might have to look at a new mattress.

19. Timitu

Timitu New Member

OMG yes. My arm went to sleep last night. See you all at the meeting today. Then we can find out where everyone is. :)

20. citywalk

citywalk New Member

Someone needs to have a party tonight ;D We don't need to get up until late. Who's got the largest apartment? :p