December 2nd Crowd Update

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by citywalk, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Rachel2310

Rachel2310 New Member

Nearly single figures!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

2. disneyprincess87

disneyprincess87 New Member

Hey Rach!!

Haven't seen you about these parts in a while :D Only a day and a half of work left for me!!

I'M SO EXCITED.....AND I JUST CAN'T HIDE IT....NO NO NO......I'M ABOUT TO LOSE CONTROL BUT I THINK I LIKE IT....YEAH YEAH!!

3. ccarter88

ccarter88 New Member

Kirsty I only have a day and 1/2 left aswell!! i can't beleive that this next in two weeks we will be there!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!

xx

4. disneyprincess87

lol I know! I was thinking on Monday...."this time in 2 weeks I'll be meeting Sam......this time on 2 weeks we'll be meeting Claire....this time in 2 weeks we'll be cruising around WDW in our car...!!" Don't forget about our little seat booking party...we are so darn COOL I tell you! xxx

5. Rachel2310

Rachel2310 New Member

And then your next thoughts will be...... This time in one day I'll be meeting Rach and the rest of are fabulous decembers!!

Right.... I've just been too print off loads of pictures too take will me and I've bought adpaters and stuff..... All thats left now is too pack!! However exciting packing is I seem too be putting it off!

6. xsamx

xsamx New Member

A DAY AND A HALF FOR ME TOO............WOHOOOOOOOOO ;D ;D

Congratulations to all the day and a halfers...Give yourselves a pat on the back.

I cant believe how fast its all going. I am very EXCITTTTTTED! I love our little seat booking party. I maybe a lil late for it tho as mu aunt and uncle are coming over for some futuristic crimbo lunch..I would have had 2 roasts that weekend as its my families early christmas :eek: So I will actually no doubt look like an Ooopa Lompa from all the chocolate and yummyness..Maybe i should bok 2 seats? ???

:-X I must and will pack soon. Im normally so prepared, obviously easily distracted.

Do you think they will have any extra shows at Disney for Christmas????? Maybe some fake snow...Maybe thats a bit too far..Oooo ooo or Reindeeer?

:-*

7. xsamx

xsamx New Member

I know what you mena Rach ive been putting it off...well just rather do other things really. I think im gonna do a Kirsty ad lay out all my stuff i need/want to pack on my spare bed. At least thats a step forward.
    xx

8. brad

brad New Member

If you have room I would definitely suggest brining a coat, its getting very chilly here at night now. Just a heads up ;)

9. disneyprincess87

lol "do a Kirsty"...I love it! You always make me chuckle Sam :D

I have set aside next Saturday as my packing day. I've already laid most stuff out so it just needs to be put into the suitcases. I only really need one but I will be taking two so I can fill it up to bring home!

Other than that, I'm spending most of next week with the boyfriend (he has no name on these boards!!) and then having a big roast/Christmas dinner next Sunday, the day before we leave. I want to have everything packed and ready in my hallway that afternoon so that all I have to do on Monday morning is get up, have a quick shower, put on some clothes, push the boyfriend out of bed and get in the car!

Sam - how long does it take you to get to Gatwick? About 40 mins? Do you want to meet up and go to the check in desk together? ;)

10. xsamx

xsamx New Member

Kirsty I have an idea.....why dont you come to my house and pack for me too ;D ;D

It takes me about 40 mins..good calculations...It must take you 3 hours from Bath no?From that you could probably guess that A. I cant drive and B. Im not very good at distance calculations.

That sounds like a fab idea!! However do you mind if I see what my parents want to do and 'the man' (see what i did there) Only becasue once i meet up with you I will feel and want to just go thru the departure lounge and chat and look at all the duty free with you. I can get inpatience sometimes when i get excited. I just wouldnt want to feel like im rushing them away. Hope that doesnt sound bad?? They'll probably push me into you haha they have already joked they have the champagne ready for when i leave...The cheek!!

How ever emotional its gonna be I think a part of me will think theres Kirsty if i go with her now the worst bit will b over.

Hope that hasnt confused you? No doubt it has..I dont really make sense a lot of the time...haha

xxxx
    .p.s One day and 40 mins left of work

Woop Woop

11. ccarter88

ccarter88 New Member

Kirsty, Sam remember about me!!! Remember you are meeting me too!!

How is everyone? I don't really know how I feel. Not sure if it happiness, sadness, excitment etc.

Only one day left of work!! woohoo!! I have my christmas dinner on Saturday and this sunday will be my day of getting everything ready.

xx

12. Sebastian

Sebastian New Member

I only have 5 days left at work, and thats really a countdown I love! Although I dont really do a good job these days anyway, cause i know I'm off soon ;D Its so easy to just let the person taking over for me do everything! So all I do is talk about my 9 months in Disney and of course boss around a little :eek:

Love it!

What is your flight details people?

13. xsamx

xsamx New Member

Hey Claire we havent forgotten about you silly! We just assumed that because your fcoming from Scotland that your flying to gatwick and then getting a flight from gatwick to Orlando (our flight) and that you only check in once in Scotland and go staright to departure lounge in London. Maybe I thought wrong and if so im sorry. I guess I was being presumptious as my mates did that from Bonnie Scotland.....Dont worry you'll soon be uber excited, we'll amke sure of it my love.

Sebastian are you only doing 9 months at Disney? Wow im too unorganised to finish work in 5 days and then pack etc..id miss the actually day were suppose to b there!
    xx

14. Rachel2310

Rachel2310 New Member

Does anybody no anything about a accomodation fee?! I've not paid anything for it I don't think. Can we pay it there?! :-\

15. disneyprincess87

Rach, I paid mine online so that it's done and out of the way, it takes about 2 mins to do. I followed the link on the email we had from Disney recently. But if you don't do it before you go, don't worry, you can pay it when you arrive! Although to make it easier, I would probably pay in cash to save faffing around with cards etc.

Claire - I definitely haven't forgotten about you! How could I?! We are flying buddies ;D Like Sam said, I presume we're going to be meeting you in the departure lounge once we've gone through security? Unless you come out to check-in?! I don't know what you'll have to do?

I will warn you girls now, it is tradition with me and my brothers that when we fly from Gatwick (even if it's quite early), we always get a great big milkshake from McDonalds. Yum yum....strawberry milkshake :D Oh and also, I will be taking my camera on our flight to capture the craziness that I'm sure will happen, so be prepared to be papped!!

xxx

16. Rachel2310

Rachel2310 New Member

Thanks Kirsty... However I'm not so sure I've ever read a email with the link in but I'll have a look through everything now. My Disney funds are getting lower and lower. I was doing so well till these last two weeks of getting all the last bits. I think I'd prefer too pay this fee before I go rather than them taking a wad of money off me when i arrive.

Good Luck too everybody on there last day of work!!

17. disneyprincess87

No problem Rach, I'll forward you the email anyway so that you have it ;)

And I'm the same...my Disney funds are non-existant! It doesn't help that my bank has decided to lock me out of internet banking which is how I check everything and move money into my Disney account. Grrrrr I hate money!!

18. Rachel2310

Rachel2310 New Member

I'm the same... I can't really get onto my online banking either.
    I'm thinking of swapping some of my money into travels cheques this week and some into dollars. Do you think I should do half of each!? Can we use travellers cheques in the shops or would we have too cash them in first?! Sorry about the million questions .... (..Panick!!)!!

19. xsamx

xsamx New Member

Morning..... :)

Rach you can use Travellers Cheques pretty much anywhere, any store. I wish i had opted for half travellers cheques now as you can always claim them back.

Ive also paid my assessment fee, i wanted to get to Orlando and just have money for myself etc instaed of worrying about what i had to pay out still..Not that i have much money...So bad at saving!!

I am SOOOO up for the Mcdonalds Milkshake..I think its only right to get practice before we head to America...They have amazing milkshakes out there..Its only fair on Mr UK Ronald Mcdonald himself.

Last day of work and i have literally it seems a whole supermarket of food next to me...bad times...I think ive alreadly polished off half a box of minature hereos...Im already looking like a fully pledged American baby yeah!

xxxx

20. disneyprincess87

Aw, don't you worry yourself it's all goooooooooooood!!!

You can use travellers cheques pretty much anywhere over there. But it's easier if you have smaller denominations (they don't like having to change big $100 cheques sometimes). They are used to people using them as cash so don't worry about it. Also it's safer for you if they get lost/stolen as you can get the money back (or at least some of it). Although it is always handy to have some cash so yeah, it might be sensible to change half to cash and half to cheques.

I'll be using my Nationwide (no charges abroad) card in the first few days for my big Walmart purchases but honestly don't think there'll be much else I'll be buying in the first few weeks because I plan on spending most of my free time playing in the parks, which is of course FREE!! Oh, actually we get 50% off merch at Christmas time so I might use some cash there.

I'm hoping it'll be quite easy to not spend much. Honestly, we'll be working loads, have free park entry, can go to the resorts for something else to do, we get free transportation and when we go out at night it'll be cheap as chips anyway. I think we'll be surprised at how little we spend, because really, what do we need to spend our money on?!