December 5th - All Nationalities

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by KirstyLouise, Sep 29, 2006.

1. lisem

lisem New Member

2 weeks and 6 days, it seems so long, but its realy going fast! I wanna go now! hehe..
    I can understand that everything seem more real when you start packing, but I think I will wait whit that, I have to have somthing to do the last 5 days! hehe. Im working everyday now to make the time go faster!
    What are you all doing to make the time go?

:D

2. KirstyLouise

KirstyLouise New Member

Work Work and more work with me right now. Things are pretty crazy at home and work right now so I haven't had anytime to do anything or be alone with me thoughts.

I'm off to work right now so I really should get ready hehe!

I don't have long left though so thats good...pretty much sorted just need to rearrange my case to take out things I don't need anymore :)

Speak soon peeps

xKx

3. JUAN_BELMAN

JUAN_BELMAN New Member

OH GOD! DONT TALK ABOUT WORK HAHAA MY BOSS IS ALREADY FREAKING OUT CAUSE IM LEAVING AND HE IS STAYING ALONE IN THE FRONT HAHAHAHA BUE IM REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO SETTLE, REST, AND CHILL WITH MY PEOPLE BEFORE LEAVING.

THIS IS ACTUALLY MY LAST WEEK IN WORK AND THEN ITS 2 WEEKS FOE DOING NOTHING BUT PACKING AND STUFF HAHAHAHA

WELL SEE YA SOON.

BYE BYE

4. spa_life_girl

spa_life_girl New Member

WOW...seeing as how I have a 2 MONTHS vacation....I envy you guys STILL working! Imean I am VERY jealous!! I WISH I would have stayed working for a while longer......to tell you the truth...I am SO BORED!! But with my man so ALL IS WELL!!

I bought my travel insurance TODAY so this is getting SO close!! All I have to do is CALL Disney today...can you IMAGINE I FORGOT to call when I got my pack?? BAD TRACEY.....BAD!!

5. PrincessJilly

PrincessJilly New Member

my canadian roomie, Henny is also arriving on 5th Dec, dunno if shes f&b or merch tho :)

6. spa_life_girl

spa_life_girl New Member

COOL...anyone know WHO I may be rooming with??

7. JUAN_BELMAN

JUAN_BELMAN New Member

Ahhhh! Roomates!!! I just didnt started thinking about that! I`ve never had a roomate before!!! Hope its not too difficult or messy

8. Mara Mouse

Mara Mouse New Member

OMG I literally just screamed with excitement!!!

First I was all like, hey PrincessJilly, someone pointed you out to me at Graduation last week ... but for some dumb reason I was a little too shy to come introduce myself (it's been so long since I've talked to you) , plus I was busy saying good-bye to everyone.

Then I actually read your post and realized we have one crazy connection, Henny!!! Henny was my roomate in Chatham before she moved into the Treehouses! That's crazy ... and I didn't know she was coming back for Dec 5th (haven't talked to her in a few weeks). At that point I screamed with excitement! One more person I'm going to work with that I already know (just finished H2B Nov 10th, in Canada for a few weeks and then back in Florida for the Q1 Dec 5th). Crazy!!

So I was going to write a little post about how it's fun to read everyone's nervous excitement, cause I feel like I'm lacking the nervous side of it ... I'm just excited! (then I got distracted by Jilly ... back on track now)

Not nervous, been through it once and it's still fresh ... however I think I'm a little more upset about leaving my family and friends this time. My mom crying is still fresh in my memory too and I'm not looking forward to doing that to her again weeks before Christmas.

Ummm ... all the paper stuff that the send you at home before you leave, one of three things:
    - Stuff you need for Visa stuff, take to the airport with you if you're Canadian ... they deal with it at Customs ... or Visa appointments for all other Nationalities at your nearest US Consilate/Embassy
    - Stuff telling you what they need you to bring with you or send them before you leave (ie medical insurance, background check, flight info - for Canadians only I guess, guess we're the only ones who need to arrange our own flight, assesment fee - although I know people who paid it when we got there, but I think they needed cash in person)
    - Stuff that's fairly informative but otherwise useless. All the stuff about your housing agreement and other stuff that looks like you should sign it somewhere but no one explicitly told you so ... all of stuff (bring it with you just incase I'm wrong but...) they had second copies of all that stuff for us to sign as they went over it with us in detail our first few days.

Oh ... and on those first few days make sure you remember to bring your Passpost, with the Visa Card, you proof of medical insurance and your Social Security number for the US if you already have one ... otherwise you're a pain in the butt .... but it's written allover your schedule what you need for what day ... just make sure you read.

Also, dress code for the first few days:
    - Anything at the Commons or Vista Clubhouses was casual, but you still need to be Disney look. They have to take a picture for your housing ID one day and they want you to have the Disney look for that. ie. Guys make sure you shave in the morning ... they will give you a razar when you get there that you might not like otherwise (poor Watkins). Ladies, make sure your shoulders are covered (not to hard arriving in Dec ... but it was an issue in June), Disney appropriate jewelery from the neck up and no accessories in your hair (ie. head bands or clips ... back in a ponytail I'm pretty sure was fine).
    - Anything a Disney University. Business appropriate!!! They do enforce this. Guys make sure you shave. Girls, if you are wearing a shirt you must have pantyhose ... someone on this site (no names hun, lots of love) made that mistake and she was given a pair of black pants from costuming that really didn't fit her. Didn't think they'd enforce it that badly but they did.

Alright this post has grown more than I had anticipated.

I know most of you are crazy exicted and nervous as all heck and there's very little that I can say to calm your nerves, but I think most people have a really smooth ride. A little nervousness is good for you though ... keeps you on your toes. Watch ... it will be me that forgets to wear pantyhose, just cause I'm so relaxed about the whole thing this time.

See you all super soon! Good luck and safe trip down!

9. PrincessJilly

PrincessJilly New Member

haha mara thats crazy!!!

i think i saw u in house of blues one night, but i wasnt sure if it was u or not, and i wasnt drunk enough yet to come over and say hi! haha! thats so mad!

how random we had the same roomie at different times!

Henny wanted to come back, but she has to go back to school in spetember, so she has been offered a position from december til next september, i think it might be from someone who started in septemeber and dropped out, so she is doing the remainder of their year :)

its a small world after all :)

10. Mara Mouse

Mara Mouse New Member

Oh I'm sure if it was a Sunday night I was at HoB *laugh* Crazy!

Yeah back to school in Sept is the plan for me to. Eric (cast-a-way) managed to get me Dec 5th - July 13th ... so I'm probably finishing someones contract too.

There's so much that we share, that it's time we're aware ...*laugh*

11. Mara Mouse

Mara Mouse New Member

Am I reading right that you're coming back in March Jilly?

We'll have to try meeting up this time ... and not being shy about it :p We're so silly!

12. PrincessJilly

PrincessJilly New Member

yep!!! back in march!!!

im sure il see u around the commons or sumthing or at PI so we'll def say hi this time haha!

13. JUAN_BELMAN

JUAN_BELMAN New Member

HEY GUYS!!!! 18 DAYS!!!!! HOPE U USE THEM WISELY HAHAHAHA

14. Benedicte

Benedicte New Member

Hi Everyone.

I'm going on the 5th as well. my name is benedicte (From norway), I'm 22 and will be working at food and beverage. can't wait to go, but it's getting more and more real to me that i'm actually going.... A bit sad about leaving friends and family :-[ But I KNOW that this is going to be an experience for life!!!

Can't wait to meet you all!! :)

see you in florida..

15. Benedicte

Benedicte New Member

Hi Everyone.

I'm going on the 5th as well. my name is benedicte (From norway), I'm 22 and will be working at food and beverage. can't wait to go, but it's getting more and more real to me that i'm actually going.... A bit sad about leaving friends and family :-[ But I KNOW that this is going to be an experience for life!!!

Can't wait to meet you all!! :)

see you in florida..

16. JUAN_BELMAN

JUAN_BELMAN New Member

Hey Benedicte!!!! Welcome.....weve been here for a while now hahah but it seems that in very few days qell get the chance to meet everyone!

Soo looking forward to that... Good Luck with everything.

Jhonny B.
    Food & Beverage
    Mexico

17. Mara Mouse

Mara Mouse New Member

Getting crazy excited! Leaving so soon ... and I've been through this once, I know we're in for a great time!

Safe Trip everyone!!

18. JUAN_BELMAN

JUAN_BELMAN New Member

Thanx Mara Im ammmmped on this!!!!!!!11 hahahaha

19. Steph Andrews

Steph Andrews New Member

Hey every one

Welcome to Benedicte its nice to hear from u.

I'm getting very excitied now and we only have 15 days left. WOW, how thats came around very fast. I'm really looking forward to meeting all you guys and cant wait to get to Florida for the warm sunshine and work for Disney.

Chat soon and c u later

LOL Steph.

20. Mara Mouse

Mara Mouse New Member

DISNEY DISNEY DISNEY!!! Oh how I miss you! Can't wait to see you ... just 15 days away!

So exicted to go back ... and so excited for everyone going down for the first time ... I hope you have as fabulous of a time as I have been!!! If you find that you have room for more fun give me a call, I'm always looking for more friends!!