Did anyone do a Contiki after?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NZ_Jess, Jan 29, 2011.

1. NZ_Jess

NZ_Jess New Member

Just wanting to know what you did with all your luggage, since Contiki has quite a small allowance for luggage (20kg!!!)

If you have any advice or your own experience, please help me out! :D

2. MitchellC

MitchellC New Member

My suggestion would be to start sending stuff home in boxes a few weeks before.
    Work out what you're going to need for your Contiki trip, then everything else send it home.
    That way it will probably be home by the time you get home after your trip.

3. NZ_Jess

NZ_Jess New Member

I've looked into that.. it's pretty expensive!!!
    But I found out you can store extra luggage at the hotel in LA while I do my contiki (yay) so I should be all good :)

Although I will most likely be sending small bits and pieces home throughout my program as well ;)

4. Keri_07

Keri_07 New Member

Hey Jess,

How expensive is it to send stuff home? Hopefully they have something in New York like the LA hotel you mentioned.

5. NZ_Jess

NZ_Jess New Member

I'm not certain for smaller stuff.. i just estimated a 20kg package (like a suitcase).. which was like $350USD! I think that was fedex though, I think the US Postal Service is cheaper. I'm hoping they have like prepaid boxes or packages you can buy to send home, like they have here.

I don't know about New York.. guess you will have to find out which hotel you stay at. I just asked around the Contiki discussion forum and finally got an answer :)

6. Keri_07

Keri_07 New Member

Oooh ok. I'll check out the Contiki forum :)

The only thing that worries me about sending stuff home and it getting lost. We had a student from America staying on campus last year and he used to get boxes around medium sized gift boxes sent to him through the mail.

7. NZ_Jess

NZ_Jess New Member

Yeah true..
    I would only be sending things I buy for my family back home probably