Dieting!

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by Sofi, Feb 21, 2010.

1. Sofi

Sofi Guest

isn't that illegal? i can barely work 5 hours without a break =s which is illegal in england :eek:

2. 2005CP

2005CP New Member

you basically need to get your british comparisons and flush them down the toi;et when you move to America-you are not a citizen, have very few rights to object-you are essentially the disney companies Mickey!-they can do what they like to you because when you get there you sign your life away to the company.

you have the right to breaks but the Americans are very big on team work-if its busy you are kind of expected to forgoe your break. If you insist on it, you can have it, but you will lose a lot of respect in the eyes of your co workers who will have to pick up your slack, and especially the americans who work with you

3. chanm002

chanm002 New Member

So, could you end up working in the water parks? As an ICP?

4. 2005CP

2005CP New Member

Anywhere, on stage or backstage except in a tipped position or the world showcase pavillions which are reserved to the CRP

5. sylvi123

sylvi123 New Member

Hey,

I was just wondering if we can do some inline skating around the commons or if it is just too dangerous because of all the traffic.
    (I heard that biking is way too dangerous and way too un-american ;D )
    I think that would help me not to gain too much weight.
    Anyone else interested in skating??

6. 2005CP

2005CP New Member

the commons(if you are even put in the commons) is in a fairly quiet area-you could buy a bike and ride around the loical streets quite easilly, but no, in all teh housing complexes, you are not allowed to skate-i used to skateboard until i got shouted at-if you like that kind of stuff, i found and used a skateboard place on I drive where i think you could also do inline skating

7. Sofi

Sofi Guest

ayee i understand but sometimes u physically can't do it, i have some medical conditions which make me tired, i can work overtime and all day but i can't just stand up for 8 hours non stop, i guess il haveto tell them it all tho. x

8. 2005CP

2005CP New Member

wouldnt worry-there are only a few days that would ever be that busy-New years eve, July 4th and the opening of the food and wine festival, and the christmas Candlelight thing (where the resturant is open till about midnight everynight in december)

9. 2005CP

2005CP New Member

true, but heat increasesstuff such as metabolism, which means you burn off fat

10. Emi

Emi New Member

I would tell them pretty quick hon. I worked with 2005CP at Disney doing full service F&B and there were definitely times we were on our feet for 8 hours or more with maybe a ten min break? Same applied (maybe not quite so badly) when we were doing QSF&B when we first arrived....

There are no such thing as legal breaks while you're there. You're expected to work way beyond the call of duty tbh.

11. 2005CP

2005CP New Member

totally.

Id also say that you need to be really carefull in regard to your medical circumstances, because they employ you in the understanding that you are physically and medically able to perform everything they throw at you-tell them now if i was you, because they will certainly not look kindly on finding out that you cant do this that and the other-its highly unlikely, but they are quite devious in how they look for reasons to lay people off and save money-this would play into their hands-dont panic, but certainly be awae of that, as they would say "we asked you if you were able, and you said yes"-if any conditions affect your work, they will think "false pretences"

12. Eve

Eve New Member

On the whole dieting thing i am totally going into overdrive i have lost 2 stone already and am trying to lose like another stone before i go!!! YUCK!!!
    Healthy eating and plenty of water and walking and all should be ok!!!

13. missalice

missalice New Member

I'm doing the same thing. (I'm not accepted yet but was lurking the forum, haha). I've been doing Weight Watchers, in which you really don't have to give anything up... just eat according to the points guide, and treat yourself once in a while (in moderation!). And, I've been exercising a lot. I've gone from a size 8 to size 5 in the past three months that I've been anticipating this program. I'm gonna try to lose just a teensy bit more. Hopefully I can keep it off down there!

14. CharlotteSparkle

CharlotteSparkle New Member

Even when we were super super busy in attractions we still got breaks. They usually over-staffed tbh. I have a medical condition too Sofi, I didn't even mention it to my managers because I always got a break after a few hours anyway. I would be crazy tired at the end of the day, but so was everyone else!!

My diet's going really well, lost 2 stone so far and people are starting to notice which is cool!! Want to lose another 2 stone before we go. Gonna go join the gym I think! :-D

15. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

I haven't lost anything - even with eating better and exercising :(
    It's rather demoralising to be honest, I can't seem to shift any weight at all :'(
    xx

16. Sofi

Sofi Guest

ok thanks for the advice guys i'll see what i can do :) and i haven't lost anything either and i went to the gym last night at 10pm lol ='] x

17. catfish278

catfish278 Member

LOL same for me... but then I went to pizza hut yesterday and all I am doing right now is sitting at my computer trying to write my dissertation so not much exercise. But then the weather has also been rubbish. At least it's sunny today!! Might walk down to the shops later :p

Oh, and on the breaks thing - I worked in merchandise and we always got our breaks when we were given them by the computer... I guess it might be different in f&b tho.

18. 2005CP

2005CP New Member

Id say you were very lucky in that regard-table service f and b is all about getting reservations into the restaurant on time whereas you dont really have a reservation for a ride-unless you count fastpass :)

19. 2005CP

2005CP New Member

this is true-the merchies i lived with used to be amazed if you told them you didnt get a break-when it comes to a reservation system where you absolutely must have people in at a certain time, your breaks come a distant second

20. Sofi

Sofi Guest

according to Wii fit ive put on weight! ha that sux :'( x