DISASTER APPEAL

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by james_wales, Jan 1, 2005.

1. james_wales

james_wales New Member

Hey all,

following the terrible disaster in the indian ocean and surrounding countries i have set up a page for donations which can be found at:

www.justgiving.com/tsunamiappeal

The page is run by the well known "just giving" website, so all transactions are safe, and all money goes straight to the charities. Give the page a peek, and donate a little something if you feel it is appropriate.

Thanks everyone - happy new year
    Jay :eek:

2. emma

emma New Member

james thats really sweet of u!

3. Sellwegger

Sellwegger New Member

Please see my previous post below:

Hi All,

In order to do 'my bit' for the people suffering as a result of Sunday's tragic Tsunami I am going to be holding a 24 hour silence on Thursday 6th January 2004

The total I hope to raise is £500, which will be going to the Disaster Emergency Committee charity, which are working hard to help all those left in the awful situatuion we see on the news.

I have set up a page for people to donate to, this can be found by following the link below:

http://www.justgiving.com/tsunami-disaster

Please give as genorously as you can, all will be gratefully recieved and will go towards making a huge difference in these peoples lives x

Wish me luck , it's going to be tough! x

Love Selina x x

P.S. can i ask you all to forward this email on to anyone else you feel may wish to donate to the cause, it all helps to aid the work being done to help the victims of sundays traedgy.