discounts for family members?

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by cinderelli.jessy, Dec 1, 2004.

1. cinderelli.jessy

cinderelli.jessy New Member

hey folks,

i was just wondering whether family members get any discounts on hotel rooms.. I will come to disney on Sep. 6th 2005, and my mother and brother would like to come on Oct. 1st! Do you think it is possible to get any discounts by then, or do we have to work for a certain time to get any discounts and block hotel rooms for family and friends??????
    Does anyone have any clue??? probably s.o. who's at WDW right now???!!!!! ;D

later! jessy xxx.

2. Rudy

Rudy New Member

hiya,

i do know that you're supposed to stay in the hotel with them to give them the discount but things might have changed!

;D

3. cinderelli.jessy

cinderelli.jessy New Member

thanx so far!!!!
    But does anyone have any latest info on this topic?? its reeeaaaallllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy importent!

I'd appreciate any answers!!

later! jessy xxx.

4. frazdog

frazdog New Member

hi ya.
    i think if u look at the common questions section it might explain a bit there. if not try posting one of the guys that live there, take care
    x ;)

5. gismo1554

gismo1554 New Member

Ok the way I was explained is that you get 5 bookings for hotel rooms you don't stay in. This is a booking made of any time up to 7 days where you don't stay with them. If you are planning on staying with your family members there is no limit on how many bookings you can make. The discount is 20% during the normal season and up to 50% at special times such as from Thanksgiving to Xmas and so forth. For example in Febuary I got the Grand Floridian for $200 a night where as it should have been $500. It all depends on the availability in the hotel. Good to try out a few different ones though. I stayed at Pop Century for $50 a night, Beach club conceige (can't remember the price), Polynesian conceige (again not sure on price but I think it was $190) and Riverside for $75 a night. Rooms sleep up to 4 so its good if there is a group of you.

You only get park entrance passes after you've been there 3 months but you get a free ticket (or at least you did last year) for Christmas in around November that never expires.

You also get the 20% discount off meals as long as you are with them to show your ID.

6. Marie

Marie Guest

Hi Gismo!

Do we have to pay to get into the parks for the first free months? They made it sound at the interview like we could get in for free from day one but that we have to be there three months before getting passes that could get other people in for free... I must have misunderstood!
    Thanks,
    Marie

7. SaraC

SaraC New Member

marie i think he does mean we can get in usin our id but we cant get entrance passes until after the 3 month period for family/friends. thats what i understood anyway

xxx

8. Marie

Marie Guest

Thanks Sara!
    thats what i thought! :) yay!!!
    I cant wait to go to see all the parks as ive never been to disney b4!!! Hopefully i will have the year to explore!
    Marie :)

9. SaraC

SaraC New Member

wow have u not? i think we should go 2getha me & michelle r hittin the parks 4 sure u shud join us ;) ive been 2 florida/disney 13 times so i know the place pretty well!!

10. Marie

Marie Guest

Awww thankyou Sara - you and Michelle have been so sweet to me!

I'd actually never even been to America until last year. I did my third year abroad in Upstate New York and i got to travel all across America at the end. I went to florida for Spring break but i went to South beach miami for 10 days and did a daytrip to fort lauderdale! I loved it, cant wait to see Orlando! thats cool that it will be familiar to you when you get there! after going 13 times it must seem like a second home!

Marie :)

11. SaraC

SaraC New Member

yeah i know good places 2 go which is always an advantage, and places 2 shop hehe ;)

first went in 1991 when i was 7, been every year since love the place, since i was 8 i told everyone i was gona work there, and now i am and it doesnt seem real!!

12. DisneyMichelle

DisneyMichelle Active Member

I reckon after my three month headstart I stil wont know orlando as well as you sara!!! ;D

marie - cant wait to hit the parks with you guys!!! Ill help you settle in for the week before sara arrives then we can all go mad at disney!!!!

Michelle xx

13. SaraC

SaraC New Member

hehe aww yeah thats gona b so fun michelle. typhoon lagoon will b fun with u guys ;D i love that place haha.

hehe michelle i know the place like the back of my hand seriously, we'll find our way around no probs ;)

14. Marie

Marie Guest

Awww thanks Michelle and Sara - thats so nice!!!
    Have you been to disney many times Michelle?
    Whats tropical lagoon? (excuse my ignorance!) it all sounds sooo exciting much better than cold edinburgh!
    I want to go next week now - forget uni - lol!

15. Matt Gilbert

Matt Gilbert New Member

its a water park! they have a wave pool with the biggest waves in the world!! Or theres Blizzard Beach with Slummit Plummit the highest water slide in the world with a 120ft drop and u go 60mph!! Thats a must, trust me!! ;D All this talking of theme parks is making me very impatient for my holiday over there in january!!

16. Marie

Marie Guest

Oh wow!!! Thanks Matt it sounds incredible!!!

a 120 ft water slide! sure beats Water world on festival park in Stoke! lol!

17. gismo1554

gismo1554 New Member

Yeah sorry didn't really explain myself. You get in to the 4 main parks for free all the time except on NEw Years eve and Christmas day where you can't enter the park unless you buy a ticket and can't go in to EPCOT because of distracting your friends. You get in to PI free on Mondays and Thursdays only and you don't get in to the water parks or Disney Quest free unless you get a special free ticket thingy (you get these at certain times of year)

18. SaraC

SaraC New Member

thanks for all that :)

aww wow matt u lucky thing gettin to go.

haha marie i know sure does beat waterworld, am goin up festival park next monday with all me mates goin megabowl, brannigans etc, haha that'll b fun.

xxx

19. Marie

Marie Guest

Thanks forexplaining it all to me Gismo!

What is Disney Quest anyone btw?

Sara- have fun at festival park - ive not been for a few yrs cos of my parents moving up to n.w england but they are moving back all being well in the new year - so hopefully either at easter or in the couple of weeks b4 i go to disney i will get to explore all my old haunts and catch up with my high school friends!

Marie
    :)

20. DisneyMichelle

DisneyMichelle Active Member

Marie - Ive only been to disney twice - once when i was 11 and once when i was 15 so has been a very long time!!!

I dont really know orladno at all cos i just went my parents drove me!!!

Hopefully will know it a bit more by the time you get there in June!! Me and Lindsey will show you around!! ;D