Discounts??

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by Stepharoo, Jan 17, 2009.

1. aj2721

aj2721 New Member

The main reason for giving access to Disney parks worldwide on the main gate pass (except Tokyo) is for full time and seasonal ongoing workers. While its awkward for us to use on a short program with no paid holiday to go to another park. If you were working for the company for a while you'd get more oppourtunity to visit an alternate park adn they get the same blue pass as us (summer ICP's get 6 instead of 12 entries though). WDW CM's will often use it for entry to Disneyland Anaheim, CA. Use after your program finish date is a grey area. Officially you need your Disney ID along with the pass for entry, and the date it expires is also in question. Oficially its meant to finish on your last date of employment, though its been shown that it may work up to 31st Dec of that year. Your ID should be handed in as you leave, but collection procedures are not strict so some end up keeping it (sometimes by mistake). It has your dates of employment printed on it and its magnetic strip wouldn't work on park entry, but if you were to pass somebody with it I doub't they'd spot its expired without specifically checking so could potentially be used for fraudulent activity, including use with a main gate pass after a program.

2. I'm not sure how my friend did it, but she managed to get in to California without her main ID just with her maingate. Not sure how she wangled it but she did (well at least I think she did) :-\

3. Disney Jess

Disney Jess New Member

hmm thats interesting I! I wish we could keep our ID for a couple of days or something, as althoguh it might work with just the maingate, it'd be a bit awkward if you tried and it didn't wouldn't it!? x

4. ;) I still have mine

5. Disney Jess

Disney Jess New Member

your maingate?have you used it since?

6. I've still got my Disney ID and my maingate pass but both have expired now :(

7. Disney Jess

Disney Jess New Member

aww ! oh well, you can get another ;)
    Did you use it after your prog expired then or just keep it for the memories?x

8. The plan was to go to DLP before the end of the year but it didn't happen but it was also for memories. They are still in my lanyard which hangs around my desk lamp.

9. Disney Jess

Disney Jess New Member

aw lovely. but I thought you had to give back the ID?and doesnt it say on there the date,so you can't use it? x

10. *cough cough* yes erm yes ... lol
    we were meant to give them back but erm .... lol ... i wanted mine so err i kept it. A lot of us did .. not as though they are going to use it again or as if we can use them. I just liked mine as that point didn't think I was going to be able to return though I do have that chance now lol

11. Disney Jess

Disney Jess New Member

ha fair enough! I wish we had a couple of days after we finished to use them though!

12. Disney Jess

Disney Jess New Member

I think someone said before, but if we don't work in waterparks, do we get half price entry? x

13. aj2721

aj2721 New Member

For CM's - Free during winter, 1/2price all day in Spring and Autumn/Fall, 1/2 price after 2pm during summer peak season - summer ICP's may catch some of the all day 1/2 price entry in late summer.

14. Disney Jess

Disney Jess New Member

Ohh cool, yeh it'd be cool to get the whole day half price. I guess we can get all that information when we get there on all the times and prices etc!

15. aj2721

aj2721 New Member

You can pick up a Cast Member discount book with all the vairous offers from your work location when you arrive. You'll find water parks are busy in the morning, but by 3 they'll be much more quiet - people often only spend 1/2 day in a water park so by 6 or 7 the park will be more quiet. If you arrived after 2 you'd probably still have felt you'd 'done' the park before you left.

16. *PennyCrayon*

*PennyCrayon* New Member

Hey I have a question - how does the getting your family in for free to the WDW parks work?

17. aj2721

aj2721 New Member

From the common questions section:

What about discounts for visiting family and friends?
    After your probationary period (3 months) you get a blue Main Gate Pass. It allows entry for up to four people (including yourself) to any of the the four main parks, for up to 12 days a year. That means that you can get your family or friends into the parks up to 12 times a year. Shorter term summer ICP participants may get a blue Main Gate Pass immediately without the probationary period valid for 6 entries during their program. The pass has blackout dates during peak seasons which vary for each park. In 2008 much of the peak summer period was blocked for Magic Kingdom Park entry. You must enter with your guests each use and are responsible for their behaviour so if you're working that day you may not be able to let them into the park. You also get 50% off admission to waterparks (with a few exceptions). You also get 20% off merchandise and restaurant meals. Discounts at the resorts vary by season, but are typically 30-50% off rack rate, if available. Catch a lucky break and you could be staying at a Disney resort for $40!

18. *PennyCrayon*

*PennyCrayon* New Member

Thank you ;D That has cleared things up although not sure how to tell the oldies that they might not be able to get in free to MK...

19. CharlotteSparkle

CharlotteSparkle New Member

I'm so using the disney hotels discount!! I'm going to stay in as many as possible, but definitely the Polynesian and if I can afford it the Grand Floridian, an Animal Kingdom Lodge. So excited!!!!

20. *PennyCrayon*

*PennyCrayon* New Member

Oh I just thought! Do we need to be with those who get in with us or can they get in themselves? Sorry for all the questions guys! :)