Disney Bridal!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ~Disney_Princess~, Mar 23, 2008.

1. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

You can get married in the Magic Kingdom (and Epcot, but I'd rather have the castle!) You need a lot of money though. It costs $25,000 (but really £12,000 isn't bad for a venue like that!), and you can only get married on certain days at certain times of the year at 8am. You also have to book a minimum of 25 nights in Disney Resorts (that can include guests though) and spend a certain amount per guest on food (I think it's something like $175). Plus it gets more expensive as you have to book your own music and vicar, floral arrangements and stuff, whereas it's included in the wedding pavilion. I guess you could make the wedding a whole day event though. That's what I'd do. You could have the ceremony early on, then have the wedding breakfast, play in the parks, then have the reception at night complete with fireworks (which are $3,000).

Ah if only I had a Prince Charming LOL.

Need to win the lottery first.

Can you tell I've done my research? Haha.

2. DisneyDreamer85

DisneyDreamer85 New Member

Wow that's fantastic!
    I can't (but I kinda can) believe that it costs that much! I know it's the most magical day of your life and everything but that just seems a bit crazy for me! But of my, if I had the money for it, I'd totally make my boyfriend do it! hahaha
    $3000 for fireworks...Yikes!...Where did you find out all this information!

3. DisneyGibbs

On the Disney Weddings website :D There's loads of different packages depending on what kind of wedding you want.... but I'd gladly save up for years to have the whole caboodle!

4. angeljenn3

angeljenn3 New Member

Yeah, everyone jokes that I should get married at Disney (when/if I get married... no where near that now). The problem is, it's not only the ceremony that's expensive, all your guests need to fly down to Florida! That might mean some people can't afford it, or can't take the time off work to come :(

5. ~Disney_Princess~

~Disney_Princess~ New Member

You could always go to Disney World on your honeymoon ;D That's what I'd do I think. If I can find a guy who loves Disney like I do :D(which he'd have to to put up with me lol)

6. DisneyGibbs

Oh I've sorted that.... wedding in Disney with close family, blessing at home for the masses :p LOL. Does that mean I can have two dresses...?

7. angeljenn3

angeljenn3 New Member

Haha, good plan Louisa!!! My parents went to Disney World for their honeymoon... maybe that's why I ended up like such a Disney freak!

8. Kevus

Kevus New Member

i would have to have a small service and then i can walk the shores of the seven seas with my new bride, watch wishes from the poly with only her after a day of partying around the world in epcot

9. BeautifulBelle

BeautifulBelle New Member

Girls, I think Kevus is up for marrying one of you! ;)

10. Kevus

Kevus New Member

im up for getting marriesd at disney imagine your wedding car being a wedding monorail... pity it doesnt stop at the wedding pavilion

11. BeautifulBelle

Or Cinderella's pumpkin carriage along Mainstreet USA to another beautiful wedding spot on the lake by the castle. Yespleassse!!

12. angeljenn3

angeljenn3 New Member

Awww, even getting engaged at Disney would be wonderful. When I was there this Christmas my dad and I were having dinner at Cinderella's Castle and a guy proposed to his girlfriend. It was so cute, they had a Disney photographer there to take their picture during/after and they gave them champagne. Oh, and obviously, everyone clapped when she said yes!

13. DisneyGibbs

You can actually ride in Cinderella's Carriage, but I'm not sure if it takes you down Main Street. I'm hoping it does if you want to get married in MK. That would be so cool :eek: :eek:

When we went in 1997 I saw a bride and groom being driven around with Mickey and Minnie in a red roofless car in what was then called Disney MGM Studios! They were still in their wedding clothes as well! I thought that was pretty awesome too

14. BeautifulBelle

Yeah it is! They take the bride and groom down mainstreet apparently ;)

15. Kevus

Kevus New Member

ok... if im going to ask her, it has to be evening, just after wishes just by the partners statue and I have this speech about wishes prepared, of course if wishes are not shown... then i need a new speech

16. BeautifulBelle

Alright i'm convinced, let's goto wdw NOW Kevus!

LOL kidding hahahaha!! :D

17. ~Disney_Princess~

~Disney_Princess~ New Member

haha imagine if she said no??!! :eek: nah I don't think anyone could say no in WDW hehe ;D

18. BeautifulBelle

Definitely NOT.

I wonder if anyone has actually turned down a proposal in wdw? I bet at least one person has...

19. Kevus

Kevus New Member

that would ruin the holiday lol just imagine all the rest of the time going round the park with the women who said no

20. BeautifulBelle

LOL oh god how embarassing...
    "the woman who said no"

hahaha, that's hilarious... i wouldn't ever say no!! espesh not when being proposed to in wdw!!